Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

@ rman402, Showtime4 and Xavier84: Thank you guys!!

@ Xavier84: That Hill is out of this world! Great pickup!
i have a jason kidd authentic just like that starbury but its a 52 and i want to get it to a 44... will it be tough to alter because of the design on the side? i never got a jersey altered so im a noob to gettting it done for the first time

In my opinion tailoring such a jersey is a mistake; as you said those particular side panels could be a problem, almost impossible to keep it.

Most of well-tailored jerseys don't have panels or any side designs.
I'm not that sure, AirXav, sorry. From what I can see in your pictures, I would say that the navy blue side panels are independent pieces sewn to the grey pieces of the jersey. In other words, I think that this jersey has 4 pieces (I'm not counting the piping as pieces for the sake of this explanation): front, back, and 2 side panels. If this is the case, you can unstitch the side panels, shorten the front and the back pieces, and then stitch the shortened front and back pieces to the side panels.

Last year I had a Bucks jersey with side panels (the same model that you can see at http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Nik...pt=US_Basketball_Fan_Shop&hash=item4862de03ef) tailored down from a huge 4XL to a normal XL and the result was fine.

@you go boy: In any case, I would check with a trustworthy local tailor, but in my experience it can be done.

Last edited:
Of course anything's possible, but what you're talking about Ladri, removing side panels, cutting the material for re-putting it... Wow, it is quite a task; a true professional will do it but for some $$ I think.

I will not do it for not wasting an authentic jersey, but if someone tries I'm curious to see the final cut, to change my mind why not! 
happy.gif

Of course anything's possible, but what you're talking about Ladri, removing side panels, cutting the material for re-putting it... Wow, it is quite a task; a true professional will do it but for some $$ I think.

I will not do it for not wasting an authentic jersey, but if someone tries I'm curious to see the final cut, to change my mind why not! 
happy.gif

In my case, my mom did it and she's not a professional tailor (she's pretty good, though). Too bad I didn't take pictures of the whole process or of the "before" state of the jersey, but I can post pictures of the resulting jersey if you guys want me to.

Is this legit? The dot on the I seems thicker from what I can tell. The name and numbers are so close together. I am not sure if there were differences like that on game issued jerseys. Thanks!

Because that Grizz is a former M&N 
roll.gif
@Ladri: post here your pics or send me a PM!
Sure! Here you go:

(Note: I know it's a swingman, guys, this is just to show what can or can't be done to jerseys with side panels)
[table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further information or pictures.

I must admit that's clean!!

Your mum is a kind of professional well done 
smile.gif

If the same can be done on the Nets Authentic alternate, well I didn't think that way.

Is this legit? The dot on the I seems thicker from what I can tell. The name and numbers are so close together. I am not sure if there were differences like that on game issued jerseys. Thanks!
everything is ok except font of surname.

even numbers and wizards wordmark  r kiss cut like in game worns

but surname is should be more like that

not sure but letters could be from adidas authentic jerseys

I believe the Jordan procut is fake. On the size tag, it isn't supposed to be fully stitched around the wizards team logo and "nba authentics". Only legit nike jerseys like that were from the 8403 collection

Looks like I'm wrong again

Last edited:
the jersey itself is legit but no idea why the last name is so bad/wrong

unless you are getting it for cheap then id stay away

whats wrong with Jerseys4Thewin again? Its because he shills or he sells fakes or he sells customs? Cuz I looked at his Sold listings and they end at pretty reasonable prices. He let 2 NWT Jordan Bulls Nike jerseys end at around $300.

Back
Top Bottom