Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

Originally Posted by nicky barnes

my ewing
im mirin
pimp.gif

Here's my Kobe Bryant retail authentic jersey. Can someone please give me an idea on how much this might be worth? I have no idea these days...

99.9% sure its fake

im guessing its from one of those guys in Taiwan that customize jerseys. you can easily see the 44 on the champion tag is wrong/off.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

99.9% sure its fake

im guessing its from one of those guys in Taiwan that customize jerseys. you can easily see the 44 on the champion tag is wrong/off.
Thanks for reply.  I'm a little new to the jersey world, can you explain a little bit more about the champion tag and why you think it is wrong/off?  I have an old school kobe champion 44 and an mj black alternate replica champion 44, and both were purchased from Sports Authority back in 1997.  Both of my 44 tags looks identical to the one in the picture.  I've seen some fake champion size tags, and the fake ones the fonts of the size numbers are thinner and taller.  However, the size tag on this looks pretty darn close.

The seller said this jersey was released in the Philipine market in the 90s, and some details may differ from the releases in the US?  Another thing that I did notice is the outline around the "NBA" is thinner than the originals. Any chance it could be a replica, and not completely fake?

Here's my MJ replica, the 44 looks really similar
IMG_0256.JPG
%24%28KGrHqQOKjQE4ngyZefsBOOookQ9+%21%7E%7E0_12.JPG
1992asfront.JPG

I just found my rookie Jordan jersey from the 8403 release Nike did some years ago.  It's a 48 which is my size but it's pro-cut with the +4 inches which makes it super long on me.  I've seen a lot of guys in here with pro-cuts.  Do you guys actually wear them?  I'm strongly considering getting the jersey tailored but I'm wondering what you guys' take on it is being that I see some of y'all favoring pro-cuts over regular sizes.  Any particular reason for that also?

Originally Posted by red mpls

I just found my rookie Jordan jersey from the 8403 release Nike did some years ago.  It's a 48 which is my size but it's pro-cut with the +4 inches which makes it super long on me.  I've seen a lot of guys in here with pro-cuts.  Do you guys actually wear them?  I'm strongly considering getting the jersey tailored but I'm wondering what you guys' take on it is being that I see some of y'all favoring pro-cuts over regular sizes.  Any particular reason for that also?

A 8403 pro-cut?

I own both the original Nike release and the 8403 sewn version.  My 8403 is sized with an M for medium, and not numbers, and it's a +2 length.  Your 8403 must be the screen-printed version of the rookie because your sizing is done numerically.  The length on my 8403 is 32" and the length of my regular is 34".  I only wear my 8403 around, and the original one is kept as a collector's item.  If you were gonna wear it out, I would get it tailored.  I'm 6ft tall and the 34" on me looks ridiculous, looks like a dress.  I think most ppl prefer procut as more of a collector's item for authenticity and closest to game-used, and not for practical purposes like wearing it out since procuts are usually very expensive.

DSC_0066.JPG

Originally Posted by BigPUNoy

A 8403 pro-cut?

I'm not a jersey expert but if that's what jerseys with +4 inches at the bottom are referred to (which I see done in here consistently) then yes.

Originally Posted by raysacr

I own both the original Nike release and the 8403 sewn version.  My 8403 is sized with an M for medium, and not numbers, and it's a +2 length.  Your 8403 must be the screen-printed version of the rookie because your sizing is done numerically.  The length on my 8403 is 32" and the length of my regular is 34".  I only wear my 8403 around, and the original one is kept as a collector's item.  If you were gonna wear it out, I would get it tailored.  I'm 6ft tall and the 34" on me looks ridiculous, looks like a dress.  I think most ppl prefer procut as more of a collector's item for authenticity and closest to game-used, and not for practical purposes like wearing it out since procuts are usually very expensive.

DSC_0066.JPG

Yes, mine is the screen-printed version with numeric numbering.  I'm 6'1" and it's definitely way too long to wear comfortably.  I was just curious about guys stating their preferences for the pro-cut jerseys and wanted to make sure I wasn't making some monumental mistake in getting it tailored.  Thanks fam.

Any other opinions?

Originally Posted by Zyzz

99.9% sure its fake

Thanks for reply.  I'm a little new to the jersey world, can you explain a little bit more about the champion tag and why you think it is wrong/off?  I have an old school kobe champion 44 and an mj black alternate replica champion 44, and both were purchased from Sports Authority back in 1997.  Both of my 44 tags looks identical to the one in the picture.  I've seen some fake champion size tags, and the fake ones the fonts of the size numbers are thinner and taller.  However, the size tag on this looks pretty darn close.

The seller said this jersey was released in the Philipine market in the 90s, and some details may differ from the releases in the US?  Another thing that I did notice is the outline around the "NBA" is thinner than the originals. Any chance it could be a replica, and not completely fake?

Here's my MJ replica, the 44 looks really similar
IMG_0256.JPG
%24%28KGrHqQOKjQE4ngyZefsBOOookQ9+%21%7E%7E0_12.JPG

you can tell just by the 2 pics that the tag on the all star is wrong. the C is bad and the 44 is wrong.

they never made "authentics" of that jersey. like i said before its a customized jerseys. they got lots of people in taiwan and where ever else tht make good custom jerseys of all star jerseys and regular ones. they used to be all over ebay before selling them for $50 a jersey with legit champion tags and what not.

DSC_0066.JPG
The sewn authentic above is a 'customized' NBA store version from the retro nights thing they had years ago. The Screen printed 8403 is an authentic retail jersey. The "sewn" 8403 is just a swingman.
red mpls 

Unless you want to keep it for the collection, get it altered. but make sure you take it to a tailor thats not going to butcher it. Authentics are where its at man.

That red NBA @ 50 MJ jersey is pretty rare! Very nice! I can't believe it only costed $99. Must be worth way more by now, esp. with tags still attached. 

Originally Posted by bxbadboy90

If a sz 48 champion jersey is tailored to fit like a sz 40 will it look weird??..I found some nice jerseys online in that sz but dnt want to ruin them.

I have a Nike Jordan Bulls authentic but it fits me like a dress
I wanna get it altered but im scared they'll destroy it and/or it'll look weird

2qntyzk.jpg

now i have both home and away.. anyone know who wore #1 for the raptors during the 96-97 season?? cause it's not online at all...  

Back
Top Bottom