Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

Nipsey3000 Nipsey3000
I used to be down on M&N a bit, having only had the 96 All Star Kemp at the time. As my authentic collection of Rev30's, older Adidas, Champion, and Nike grew...I began to simply appreciate the fact that the M&N stuff was just better than some of the Soul Swingman's I would generally go after.

IMO quality wise they are decent. Accuracy is definitely hit or miss, as they seems to be "cookie cutter" in fit. Many teams although having rounded or v necks tend to have different cuts. I have 3 M&N and they are all cut EXACTLY the same. Strange to me. It gets the job done though, but Champions are my fav and for wearability comfort...Nike Dri fit or Rev30 with mesh.

Just curious of what the issue is with Mitchell and ness? I wouldn't say that there is hate...But I definitely can see that most people in here prefer nike/champion. Why?

I myself like Mitchell and ness, it's a quality jersey and pretty much identical to the originals for the most part. My only gripe is the price. Any thoughts?@Dc30and others?
Inaccuracies, bad mesh, stiff and thick piping...  And yes, retail is very steep. Also, what's annoying is my ideal size would be between a 40 and a 44.

For the older runs made in the US or Salvador, it's another story and there are some gems (but then those were mostly made in big sizes)

@AirRev
pimp.gif

This thread is starting to deliver with the collection posts
pimp.gif

@Zyzz @Scalabrine @eyanks @FLATFOOT718 and a few others I can't think of right now, but I'm calling you cats out for them collection pics.

I know yall sittin on some gems.
Honestly, I  don't have much compared to most of you folks...usually only pick up the ones I grew up watching and idolized...I am still searching for a few but only looking for Champion jerseys...Nikes, Reebok and Adidas dont seem right to me...

Mitchell and Ness used to make quality products. The fact that they now use blatantly incorrect materials, fonts and sometimes colors and have the nerve to call themselves 'authentic' while charging $300+ is mind boggling to say the least. They're good at branding i guess....

Mitchell and Ness used to make quality products. The fact that they now use blatantly incorrect materials, fonts and sometimes colors and have the nerve to call themselves 'authentic' while charging $300+ is mind boggling to say the least. They're good at branding i guess....
Never did like M&N due to their baggy fit and their terrible retros of jerseys...plus that huge boxy tag just dont cut it for me....

I grew up in the 90s so the Champions jerseys has more sentimental value to me than any other jersey brand. 

Would love to see examples of m&n being a complete miss from originals. I'm a fan of all authentic jerseys. Respect for the keen eye you guys have. For the most part, I don't see it. But I'm no expert.

Would love to see examples of m&n being a complete miss from originals. I'm a fan of all authentic jerseys. Respect for the keen eye you guys have. For the most part, I don't see it. But I'm no expert.
here are a few examples

Gary Payton red brick jersey by M&N 

Gary Payton jersey on court

As you can see from the pic the actual jersey GP wore had the wide shoulders and the M&N jersey has normal shoulders like on Kidds jersey. Now this is an example where M&N was innacurate but the jersey actually looks better with the innacuracy.

M&N Shareef Abdur-Rahim Grizzlies jersey

Shareef Abdur-Rahim jersey on court

This one is easy to spot and is a problem with a lot of M&N jerseys. The shoulder and neck trim are od wide on the M&N compared to the original

Karl Malone M&N jersey

Karl Malone jersey on court

The shade of purple is off on the M&N and the collar seems to go lower on the og and shorter on the M&N.

Just a few examples. I'm sure others can chime in with more. Now dont get me wrong some of these are being nitpicky but 300 dollars for a jersey and you would expect near flawless execution.

Last edited:
On the Karl Malone I think it is darker due to sweat but all valid points, I would only buy GP and Km out of the 3 you posted. Just want legends of the game

Great post rman402 rman402

I definitely see differences...also in logo size on the abdur rahim.

I also feel like maybe a more fair comparison can be done with both jerseys in hand as opposed to stock pics you know? But I definitely see your point.

I never liked those cutoff tee cut jerseys like the 01 iverson Sixers finals jersey.

And I hate dazzle.

Last edited:
Another good example. I can see differences in font and name plate placement. Although, the m&n is very solid and one could argue...better looking.

Last edited:
Another good example. I can see differences in don't and name plate placement. Although, the m&n is very solid and one could argue...better looking.
I feel that in this case and a few other jerseys the M&N version looks fresher and more modern. 

Just curious of what the issue is with Mitchell and ness? I wouldn't say that there is hate...But I definitely can see that most people in here prefer nike/champion. Why?

I myself like Mitchell and ness, it's a quality jersey and pretty much identical to the originals for the most part. My only gripe is the price. Any thoughts? dc30 dc30 and others?

M&N was better off when Peter Capolino was running the company. Once Reebok/Adidas took over, it just went down hill. It seems their focus went to snapbacks, track jackets, and other types of apparel. The cut and quality of their jersey's now in my opinion are just horrendous. I'm not sure what kind of people are running the company, but they don't seem to have a clue as to what they're doing. The last straw came when some follower on their facebook page submitted his collection of M&N jersey's, ALL FAKES! They posted to their timeline and they had no clue. A bunch of us started to point it out that they were all counterfeits. :smh:

M&N was better off when Peter Capolino was running the company. Once Reebok/Adidas took over, it just went down hill. It seems their focus went to snapbacks, track jackets, and other types of apparel. The cut and quality of their jersey's now in my opinion are just horrendous. I'm not sure what kind of people are running the company, but they don't seem to have a clue as to what they're doing. The last straw came when some follower on their facebook page submitted his collection of M&N jersey's, ALL FAKES! They posted to their timeline and they had no clue. A bunch of us started to point it out that they were all counterfeits. :smh:

I think quality will suffer whenever any grassroots operation is bought out by a major label. I was definitely surprised to order from m&n fully expecting the jersey to come from Philly and it came from iowa.

There are tons of fakes out there...smh, but I don't think that's m&n fault.

I definitely see what people mean regarding failure to replicate exactly. Quality...well, my nique is on point. So are the recent bp jerseys I purchased

Last edited:
saw some guy wearing a kobe 8 jersey at the draft it was M&N and looked fake as hell. Anyone else catch that?

edit: never mind it was adidas

Last edited:
Never did like M&N due to their baggy fit and their terrible retros of jerseys...plus that huge boxy tag just dont cut it for me....
I grew up in the 90s so the Champions jerseys has more sentimental value to me than any other jersey brand. 

ya don't get me started on their tags! they are HUGE and UGLY... and ever since they added the player names to the year tags SMH ugly clutter

the one mitchell and ness jersey that annoys me the most are their dominique jerseys, how can you get the fonts so wrong

M&N wilkins:

Real wilkins:

Back
Top Bottom