Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

Was the older champion mesh with smaller holes and softer kind of like replica champions? Was it like that only for a few teams?

Softer and def. Smaller mesh much similiar to the replicas but the mesh is thicker on the authentic ... As for the other teams I am not too sure... I believe the Timberwolves did the same.

Last edited:
Here is the comparison...

The neck collar on the smaller mesh jersey is also thicker than the 94-95

Last edited:
Guys, I've won a jersey on ebay.

But it's fake so I didn't pay, and now the seller opened a unpaid case, what should I do...

eBay should pay attention to fake items, if you have the proof of what you say, just let the process go one and see (I never experience that, just my opinion)

Guys, I've won a jersey on ebay.
But it's fake so I didn't pay, and now the seller opened a unpaid case, what should I do...

How about nothing? Ebay always sides with the buyer and doesnt take action against those who don't pay so there's not much risk for you if it's your first unpaid item case

Guys, I've won a fake jersey
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181828990239?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
But before that I didn't recognize it's fake, and now the seller opened a unpaid case, what should I do:frown:

seller never mentioned that it was authentic.
jersey looks way off even for a novice like myself.
the 32 buck price tag should have been a dead giveaway

i would send the seller a message asking to cancel the transaction because its a fake. the flat out tell ebay i am not paying for a fake jersey.

sell most times will cancel the transaction though.

seller never mentioned that it was authentic.

Not mentioning "authentic" is not the point here: authentic doesn't mean genuine or original, it's a jersey category, along with swingman, replica etc etc.

You can find fake authentics...

And jersey's not so off IMO, I've seen much worse.

Last edited:
Not mentioning "authentic" is not the point here: authentic doesn't mean genuine or original, it's a jersey category, along with swingman, replica etc etc.
You can find fake authentics...
And jersey's not so off IMO, I've seen much worse.

then what is it a fake of? if the listing never mentions what the classification of the jersey is, wouldnt you ask before purchasing? and it doesnt matter what it looks like to you, to me...(if it was supposed to be authentic) its obvious its not. i am sure most in this thread would agree. its not even close. and thats exactly why the auction ended at 32 bucks and not 320 bucks.

and besides, just trying to give that dude tips to not take a hit on it anyway...so whats the difference.

i only mentioned that the seller never stated that it was "authentic" because thats the defense that the seller could use to not allow the buyer to break the transaction.

Last edited:
Authentic doesn't mean ORIGINAL!

It just defines jerseys as same as player wear on court, speaking of quality.

Then you find procuts, issued, worn. Just categories!

So when you say seller didn't mentioned it, you're speaking about fake or not right?  And it's completely different, that's what I meant.

Of course, you'll not find many sellers mentionning "Warning: fake jersey"...

But again: this type of jersey is authentic, fake or not.

To confirm jersey's authenticity, seller could use words original, genuine, not fake; but not authentic, when you're strictly speaking jerseyheads language 
happy.gif

Last edited:
Authentic doesn't mean ORIGINAL!
It just defines jerseys as same as player wear on court, speaking of quality.
Then you find procuts, issued, worn. Just categories!
So when you say seller didn't mentioned it, you're speaking about fake or not right?  And it's completely different, that's what I meant.
Of course, you'll not find many sellers mentionning "Warning: fake jersey"...
But again: this type of jersey is authentic, fake or not.
To confirm jersey's authenticity, seller could use words original, genuine, not fake; but not authentic, when you're strictly speaking jerseyheads language :D

you are barking up the wrong tree.

you have to identify what something is before you determine whether its a fake or not. the dude never said what it was to start with, so how do you know what its a fake of?

its obvious from the pics that the jersey is a poor attempt to pass as a retail authentic.

either way, as stated before. just trying to give the dude options to not get burned. so you trying to school me on the "verbiage" of jerseys is a waste of time...and its cutting into your...nevermind

Last edited:
You're both right and no one is "barking up the wrong tree" here.

What AirXav is trying to say is that there are "real authentics" and "fake authentics". That's a true statement, even if it's an oxymoron.

However, when dealing with ebay sellers, it's good to buy from those that state something like: "100% Authentic or triple your money back!"

The seller of the Jordan Bullets jersey didn't mention that, nor did he write "Nike" on the title or description.

But look at his other items. He's clearly a thrift shopper and probably not into jerseys. The seller is not a bad guy in my opinion.

To the buyer: Apologize and simply tell him the jersey he has is counterfeit and you would like to cancel the transaction.

From now on, look at what you're buying before you bid!

Last edited:
Was the older champion mesh with smaller holes and softer kind of like replica champions? Was it like that only for a few teams?

Softer and def. Smaller mesh much similiar to the replicas but the mesh is thicker on the authentic ... As for the other teams I am not too sure... I believe the Timberwolves did the same.

I love micro mesh. But wolves and Knicks were the only teams to my knowledge

This was on ebay a few days ago. I wanted to strip it and make it a KG.

I decided not to buy though because I wasn't sure if the micro mesh material could handle chemicals + letters being pulled off.

Back
Top Bottom