Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

I would like this one by M&N

well, always trying to do some research when i'm not sure. 
wink.gif

yeah, i supposed it's good. but could you please point me to what type is it exactly? game jersey, pro cut, custom pro cut?
If it doesn't come with an authenticity document, it's pretty hard to say if it's a game jersey. My rule of the thumb is if it has no authenticity document, then it's not a game jersey. It certainly is pro-cut, though.

I'm sure that you know this, but for those who don't, let's go through the terminology:

- Pro-cut: This means that the jersey is of the same size that the player wore in a specific season.

- Custom pro-cut: This means that the jersey was originally a blank or other player's pro-cut jersey, and was later customised to turn it into the player's jersey it is now. Companies such as Cosby's, Big Time Jerseys, and Exclusive Pro Sports (EPS, mentioned in this forum pretty often) do this type of customisation job.

- Game jersey: This means that the team made that jersey for a player to wear in a game or in a series of games. Game jerseys can be:
  1. Game worn, which means that the player actually wore that jersey
  2. Game issued, which means that the player didn't get to wear that jersey (either because he didn't play that game or because the jersey was a replacement jersey just in case. I'm sure there has to be more reasons, but for now this will do)

what is it worth? 
I have no idea about how much that jersey is worth, sorry. From something like 150-250 US dollars if it was a blank customised to several thousand if it was actually game worn. Again, when it comes to negotiating prices, no authenticity document = not a game jersey.

4.5k & 7.5k respectively?!
eek.gif
 really? 
I would assume that those jerseys were actually game worn by LeBron James, hence those prices.

Last edited:
thanks. 

yeah, i'm quite familiar with all those terms.

but as i already said, i'm more in retails, not in gw/gi/pc. moreover, i'm not a fan of reebok authentics.
happy.gif
thus i've never been giving any attention to details when it's about that brand.

"no paper - no value" rule, true.

it's just those two lbj's on ebay that make me thinking. as you can see, none of them is listed as "pro cut" but both as "game worn/used". one comes with coa ($7.5k) while the other doesn't ($4.5k).

if you inspect (zoom) the more expensive one, you won't find any sign of wear (as far as i can see).

both those two are pretty much identical as mine - jock tag, inside tag, stitching,...

to my knowledge, the most of retail pro cuts were a bit different from game jerseys. not significantly but in some details. 

not sure if this was the case with all brands and players but i remember some. nike (mj, vince carter), all (?) adidas rev 30 etc. in terms of additional tags, year tag on jock tag, extra length, existence/lack of neck tag, name font, placement of nob etc.

reebok also used to release pro cuts for retail?

is there any list of players they released?

actually, is there any way to get a confirmation from manufacturer about what type of jersey is this exactly?

is there any way to tell this lbj pro cut from game worn/issued one? 

sorry for a long post guys. just wanted to give as much details as possible.

i'd like to hear some other jersey heads who are more into this.

to help me figure this out.

thanks guys

Last edited:
@FLATFOOT718   those are 2 popping jerseys, lucky man, I could be wrong with this, but I swore the year they wore a Puma jersey wasnt the year they went to the Finals. Maybe the finals patch belong on the Starter

@Xavier84   the Steve smith is out of this world, that Dr-fit Pippen also, you should have gotten a 44 in the Pippen, that would have been perfect

both repped

Lakers gave away classic kobe #8 jerseys last night to all fans in attendance. Anyone get one, was it adidas replicas or soul swingmans or just some cheap unbranded replicas? :lol:

@FLATFOOT718
  those are 2 popping jerseys, lucky man, I could be wrong with this, but I swore the year they wore a Puma jersey wasnt the year they went to the Finals. Maybe the finals patch belong on the Starter

time for one of my fav pastimes, "what brand in what year?"

97-98 starter
98-99 starter (finals)
99-00 puma
00-01 reebok

Still repped for the knicks jerseys. Back when you could actually purchase most of the starting lineup in authentic

Last edited:

M&N needs to make this
 No they dont, Mitchell and Ness need to leave these Classics alone. With their watered down versions. Let people kill themselves for the vintage instead of buying a M&N and give them this false sense of hope that they accomplished something

/ends M&N rant

@FLATFOOT718
  those are 2 popping jerseys, lucky man, I could be wrong with this, but I swore the year they wore a Puma jersey wasnt the year they went to the Finals. Maybe the finals patch belong on the Starter

Thanks bro.. Must have for a Knicks fan.

time for one of my fav pastimes, "what brand in what year?"

97-98 starter
98-99 starter (finals)
99-00 puma
00-01 reebok

Still repped for the knicks jerseys. Back when you could actually purchase most of the starting lineup in authentic

Thanks bro.. I knew something was off with the years and the jersey.. But I didn't care.. I'm a die hard Knicks fan and as long as it's an authentic.

Thanks bro.. Must have for a Knicks fan.
Thanks bro.. I knew something was off with the years and the jersey.. But I didn't care.. I'm a die hard Knicks fan and as long as it's an authentic.
If I were you i would bring it to the tailor and see if you can switch the patch from the Camby to the Starks

nevermind, Starks wasnt on the Knicks at the time

If I were you i would bring it to the tailor and see if you can switch the patch from the Camby to the Starks

nevermind, Starks wasnt on the Knicks at the time

I can just buy the patch.. Not complaining tho.. I would love to get a Allan Houston, Sprewell, Johnson, child's and ward.

Last edited:
Lakers gave away classic kobe #8 jerseys last night to all fans in attendance. Anyone get one, was it adidas replicas or soul swingmans or just some cheap unbranded replicas?
laugh.gif
It was just an unbranded jersey. Stitched tho. Pictures online

Back
Top Bottom