Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

It seems like a bunch of us on here own a significant amount of authentic jerseys based on posts or photos conveying what we possess.

Has anyone actually worn every single piece in your possession?

I admit I haven't worn more than 50% of the pieces in my possession despite accumulating a lot over several years now. And it looks like the accumulation won't stop for me either because I assume I'll get more going forward.

I would say my reasons for not wearing more than 50% of my possession are the high amount I own and not having a boatload of appropriate places/occasions to wear them to. And another reason is that I don't have a specific rehashed Jordan shoe to correlate with a particular Jordan jersey I already have.

did the old nike drifits used to run smaller than Champion ones? rocked my VC joint for the first time recently and was surprised how small it was. maybe went thru the wash a lot

Yeah my purple VC is a 48 and it runs shorter in length than my white 48... no idea why, but I guess as mentioned above the later runs were made bigger.

I seen the same for other Nike jerseys from that era (Lakers, Heat, Celtics) that are too short in length. The shortness of the purple one actually bothers me so much that I’ve been looking for a 52...the short length is even worse if you a beer belly too :frown:

7C21D8E9-C243-42FE-9C05-D2253409E81C.jpeg
F549FC1D-BC3E-464B-8385-9A61ABBDC677.jpeg

It seems like a bunch of us on here own a significant amount of authentic jerseys based on posts or photos conveying what we possess.

I admit I haven't worn more than 50% of the pieces in my possession despite accumulating a lot over several years now. And it looks like the accumulation won't stop for me either because I assume I'll get more going forward.

I would say my reasons for not wearing more than 50% of my possession are the high amount I own and not having a boatload of appropriate places/occasions to wear them to. And another reason is that I don't have a specific rehashed Jordan shoe to correlate with a particular Jordan jersey I already have.

My main reasons I haven’t wore a lot of my collection:

1. Many of mine are unfortunately from the oversized/ poorly cut Reebok/ pre-rev 30 Adidas days as most of my fav players are from that time and I’m too poor to afford anything else. I had to alter a lot of the ones I actually do wear.

2. I’m not in the worst shape, but the rev-30’s I do have don’t really flatter my body.

3. Don’t play ball as much as before - and even if do, would prob rock a Swingman.

4. Despite the booming popularity of jerseys evidenced by the crazy prices, it doesn’t seem like a lot of ppl are rocking them. So I get self-conscious when I’m the only dude/ adult at the beach or mall wearing a throwback from 15 yrs ago lol... it’s not like parts of Asia where the jersey culture has really taken off and celebrated unfortunately...

I've had this one for almost 3 years now and still haven't worn it.
IMG_4552.JPG
IMG_4553.JPG
Man I was so tempted to cop that solid black jersey off Fanatics for 30% off few months back and then I realized I rather wait for the black pinstripe version. I ended up paying retail for that pinstripe jersey on M&N lol, but I don't regret it one bit. Who knows Ill probably cop the solid black for my little brother's birthday gift.:rofl:

Yeah my purple VC is a 48 and it runs shorter in length than my white 48... no idea why, but I guess as mentioned above the later runs were made bigger.

I seen the same for other Nike jerseys from that era (Lakers, Heat, Celtics) that are too short in length. The shortness of the purple one actually bothers me so much that I’ve been looking for a 52...the short length is even worse if you a beer belly too :frown:

7C21D8E9-C243-42FE-9C05-D2253409E81C.jpeg
F549FC1D-BC3E-464B-8385-9A61ABBDC677.jpeg
for me it's the white one that's short funnily enough. I don't do it but it looks like it's gonna be one of those I rock without a shirt under. still fits pretty decent

My main reasons I haven’t wore a lot of my collection:

1. Many of mine are unfortunately from the oversized/ poorly cut Reebok/ pre-rev 30 Adidas days as most of my fav players are from that time and I’m too poor to afford anything else. I had to alter a lot of the ones I actually do wear.

2. I’m not in the worst shape, but the rev-30’s I do have don’t really flatter my body.

3. Don’t play ball as much as before - and even if do, would prob rock a Swingman.

4. Despite the booming popularity of jerseys evidenced by the crazy prices, it doesn’t seem like a lot of ppl are rocking them. So I get self-conscious when I’m the only dude/ adult at the beach or mall wearing a throwback from 15 yrs ago lol... it’s not like parts of Asia where the jersey culture has really taken off and celebrated unfortunately...
You're 💯 on point!

I planned on wearing a majority of mine this summer, but Covid-19 happened.

I'm finally posting the 2004 NBA All-Star Game Kobe Bryant jersey on this thread.
IMG_4125.JPG
IMG_4126.JPG

I'm posting this closeup of the "ALL-STAR" script underneath the number to show that Mitchell & Ness replicated it correctly with having it on a patch because that's how the players had it in that game. I used to have a stupidly oversized authentic Reebok version of Shaquille O'Neal and the "ALL-STAR" script was sewn on directly to the jersey without it being on a patch which was inaccurate.
IMG_4138.JPG

My other non M&N authentic jerseys are the Nike Olympic USA basketball jerseys from 2014? I have a Durant and Irving jersey. No lie tho they feel like wife beaters lol. Im glad I had a homie back then to hook it up with the 40% off discount. Ill post here sometime.

Keep in mind they have been closed for the first two months of Summer due to COVID. They are incredibly backed up right now.

^ did you give a blank nets jersey or they altered it? i got a kidd 52 thats too big on me... i want to somehow get it altered but dont know how the sides would get done

^ did you give a blank nets jersey or they altered it? i got a kidd 52 thats too big on me... i want to somehow get it altered but dont know how the sides would get done

Both were not tailored. They were both blanks. I agree about the sides. Been wanting these jerseys for a while but couldn’t have pulled the trigger on anything larger than 44 or it would be too wide

LC on this Ray Ray? It kinda looks like it has that “alien/ bowling ball head“ jerry y’all warned me about and the silver Reebok tag looks shorter, but I’ve never seen any fakes that said made in El Salvador either - materials on point too...
97F4C00C-F9E1-4D1A-8814-B201454B760C.png

Based on the NBA logo alone, I'd say fake.

Back
Top Bottom