Official B l u - r a y thread - Confirmed: Lucasfilm preparing Star Wars box

Oh hell yea, I've been wanting Friday to hit Blu Ray for the longest now.

I have:

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Hulk Vs
T2: Skynet Edition
Resevoir Dogs
Batman: Gotham Knight

Want:

Friday
Meet The Parents (needs to hit Blu Ray first)
Gran Torino
Superbad
Star Trek (when it comes out)

My Wall-E 3-disc and copy of Enchanted didn't come with the slip covers, Amazon!
mad.gif
...or Disney....(whoever applies)
tired.gif

my collection of 92 blus and y sad video game collection another thing thats sad is that i haven't even fully watched or played any of the games and blus
ohwell.gif

5d036ed540a97e29f6674ab80092027df4fba49a.jpg

Originally Posted by Tony Almighty

If any of ya'll are about to cop a new TV, make sure it has at least a 120hz refresh rate. Every company has a name for it, Sony calls it "Motionflow".
^
If you think blu-rays look great in 1080p watch them with Motionflow and Jesus Christ it's THAT much cleaner! I just copped a 40" Bravia on sale for $1099.
^
I just got Afro Samurai and Afro Samurai Resurrection. Now I'm waiting on Watchmen.
Cinemotion is the term Sony uses. I have heard negative things about enabling it for blu-rays. Some people say it makes the picture too clean---almost plastic like. This is bad because the ideal use of Blu-Ray is to give the viewer the next best thing to going to the cinema. There is an inherent lookto film which must be maintained. If a film is too clearn, without any grain, then it feels hollow and vapid, almost video-game like in presentation. Filmslike the Godfather or French Connection were done right for blu-ray-- their grain was not scrubbed (they still look like films) and they look fantastic inhi-def.

Peronsally, I leave cinemotion off when watching blu-rays.

Been slackin on Blu-rays lately. I bought Weeds Season 4 two weeks ago but thats about it lately!

Originally Posted by JBug88

that amazon Ghostbusters deal is dead..
thanks for trying though
picked up The Boondock Saints from BB for $8.62 shipped ($12.99 + $5 reward cert + free shipping).

-J-
was live when i posted and ordered. love having amazon prime.

Originally Posted by kobe4threebang

my collection of 92 blus and y sad video game collection another thing thats sad is that i haven't even fully watched or played any of the games and blus
ohwell.gif

5d036ed540a97e29f6674ab80092027df4fba49a.jpg
Nice collection man..

Anyone know if they announced if Saving Private Ryan is coming out on blu ray?

Originally Posted by young dunny

[h2]Friday, Menace II Society Heading to Blu-ray[/h2]
2drdkjt.jpg

Warner Home Video has announced that they will bring three "urban titles" to Blu-ray on September 8th, including 'Friday: Deluxe Edition', 'Set It Off: Deluxe Edition', and 'Menace II Society: Deluxe Edition'. All three titles will be presented in 1080p AVC with 'Friday' receiving a newly remixed 7.1 Dolby TrueHD soundtrack, and the other two receiving 5.1 Dolby TrueHD soundtracks.

Extras features have not been announced in full, though we do know that 'Friday' will include a new 30-minute vignette entitled "Friday Straight Up" plus music videos from Ice Cube and Dr. Dre. 'Set It Off' will include a new 30-minute featurette "Setting it Straight: Making of Set It Off" and Ray J's "Let It Go" music video while 'Menace II Society' will include and new commentary by directors Allen and Albert Hughes, producer Darin Scott, screenwriter Tyger Williams, actor Tate and rapper Ryan Williams.
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
This is great news, my ex still has my Menace DVD
ohwell.gif

Amazon has Blu-Ray Movies from $10. Shipping is free with Amazon Prime or if you spend $25 or more. Use Slick Fillers to find other eligible items to helpbring your total to $25...There's a lot of great values...$13 for V For Vendetta,Shoot Em Up,Boondock Saints among others....

Just bought The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly and Indiana Jones (Crystal Skull)

Looking to add next week:

Transformers
Superbad
Gran Torino
The Wrestler
Waltz With Bashir
Do The Right Thing
Iron Monkey
Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy

I need to get my theatre system set up though
laugh.gif

i just copped the godfather restoration off of ebay for 34 bucks,

also recently i got benjamin button, yes man and sex in the city (i hated the tv show, but loved the movie for some reason, and yes i'm a female)

i need gran torino, pinnocchio, matrix trilogy and harry potter set for a good deal

i just found gran torino and pinnocchio for 20 bucks so i will hop on those

its those sets i need for a better deal

Originally Posted by young dunny

[h2]Friday, Menace II Society Heading to Blu-ray[/h2]
2drdkjt.jpg

Warner Home Video has announced that they will bring three "urban titles" to Blu-ray on September 8th, including 'Friday: Deluxe Edition', 'Set It Off: Deluxe Edition', and 'Menace II Society: Deluxe Edition'. All three titles will be presented in 1080p AVC with 'Friday' receiving a newly remixed 7.1 Dolby TrueHD soundtrack, and the other two receiving 5.1 Dolby TrueHD soundtracks.

Extras features have not been announced in full, though we do know that 'Friday' will include a new 30-minute vignette entitled "Friday Straight Up" plus music videos from Ice Cube and Dr. Dre. 'Set It Off' will include a new 30-minute featurette "Setting it Straight: Making of Set It Off" and Ray J's "Let It Go" music video while 'Menace II Society' will include and new commentary by directors Allen and Albert Hughes, producer Darin Scott, screenwriter Tyger Williams, actor Tate and rapper Ryan Williams.
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

calendar marked
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Been slackin on Blu-rays lately. I bought Weeds Season 4 two weeks ago but thats about it lately!

you need to cop delicious library for your mac to keep an inventory of all the movies you have. that thing is a life saver.

Originally Posted by aJ232Kb8

my latest pick-up

story was meh, the fighting was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
i downloaded it a couples months ago. matter of fact, think im going to watch it right now lol

Back
Top Bottom