OFFICIAL BASKETBALL VIDEO GAME THREAD || NBA 2K24 OUT NOW; PREPARE YOUR BARBIES ACCORDINGLY

Da_Czar is a 2k developer when asked didnt even have a reply himself besides for wait for it...

"Yea thats tough try moderate offball rather than tight is all i can suggest" lol

i get it its all apart of the game, im not knocking it people will always play certain ways to get wins but it dont mean its not cheesy or toxic

its like someone bunt cheesing in MLB the show because its the only way a player can get hits - Its part of the game but very cheesy as it abuses certain animations which is the same with cuts in 2k

i can have bunt defense on and it still wont make a difference at times

This, but some people think you can NEVER switch off the player ever. If your doing a pick n roll, and I know you're going to drive, why can I slide the center over to clog up the play? Or if one is running the same play that ends in a kick out to the corner, I read the play, immediately switch to the defender that guarding the player that going to get the ball, "YoU cHeEsInG bRo!"

No issue with that.

But in terms of one on one ball defense while not much is happening off ball, man up and play defense. Don't let the cpu play.

The Sim nation people and the comp players arguing on twitter is hilarious but also corny at same time

Sim dudes scared to pull up in the comp players

It's a pointless argument. Yes the "comp" players will win, also odds are they play in a unrealistic way.

I think the contention comes from the fact that the sim Nation clips get more traction and engagement online and in media because it more closely resembles what players do IRL.

ESPN isn't airing highlights of a playshot running left and right for 5 separate times, and then spamming a cross-over to get a crab animation to green a 3. They will show dude cosplaying as Jordan or Kobe fading from the post though.

It's jealousy combined with pride.

Good breakdown

I agree with most of this. The game doesn’t look very good. It’s not seamless at all visually

With that said I don’t have major complaints regarding gameplay (and maybe that's because I only play Online). There have been some improvements to gameplay, despite it taking a step back in certain areas

I can see how anyone would be disappointed with this release. It's probably not as good as '23 overall but I am enjoying it pretty much the same

i played park 3v3, Pro-am 3v3 and theater 3v3 last night

all 3 games modes have a different timing release due to input delay lol

its THE MAIN thing they have to fix

Weird, I am still not having issues with delay in PNO (and it was a major issue last year). I seem to be getting matched mostly with cross play users too (I'm on xbox)

Missed layups and easy makable shots are my biggest gripe. It can be a well timed shot with a good inside scorer and that **** will hang on the rim and roll out every single time

hit 100 wins last night in Pro-am 3v3

think team record something like 100-35

we been having trouble with the small guards who dance behind screens and wait for animations lol i feel useless at times just standing still and guarding the corner boy - they dont even be cutting to the damn hoop

we try playing sides and its still just useless at times - once PG get that shooting take they be fading all over the place

we lost to the #4 ranked pro-am team IC3Y Grinds or something ? 22-19 smh

Shooting is still effortless. 50%+ from 3 every single game with high volume

Zone players don't stand a chance. Them flying close outs not working this year :lol:

Right now 2K has the Denver Nuggets and Houston Rockets as Tier 2 teams in PNO. They don't even attempt to support that mode

#1: I wish that pass could only be triggered in more realistic contexts than the one we saw.

#3: #3 was one of the best plays of the year.

I think sports/fighting games are more likely to frustrate players that aren't good. Losing in those competitive settings wouldn't be fun for most. So I can't really agree with this idea that a good game allows users to have fun while also not being good.

It depends more on the genre than anything.

hit 100 wins last night in Pro-am 3v3

think team record something like 100-35

we been having trouble with the small guards who dance behind screens and wait for animations lol i feel useless at times just standing still and guarding the corner boy - they dont even be cutting to the damn hoop

we try playing sides and its still just useless at times - once PG get that shooting take they be fading all over the place

we lost to the #4 ranked pro-am team IC3Y Grinds or something ? 22-19 smh
maaaan i see you still getting it in. :emoji_muscle: im just starting to have fun with it this year. did my center first (always need a big) then rebirthed my typical sg/sf slashing lock :smokin

NBA 2K24 has been out for almost a month, and honestly, we're not feeling it right now. To that end, we join our listeners in giving the game a score out of ten. This leads us to reflect on the lack of choices in the basketball gaming space, compared to the array of titles that we once enjoyed. We speculate on why no one is stepping up to offer an alternative, and the community also weighs in with their takes on the matter. -

I'm 50/50 on 2k24 so far. If I had to give it a rating out of 10 it would be a 6.5.

I think it's a better game than 23 however it is still falling short of what I want and expect out of 2k for the financial investment this title is. For full transparency the only game mode I play is what y'all call "Barbie" mode. I haven't been on it as heavily as I usually am when a new 2k releases but that's only due to my lack of time at home.

Most of my gripes and issues I personally think are easily fixable from my perspective.

1. Input delay. This is a game that a fraction of the second is the difference between a missed shot, turnover, or winning/losing a game. I've never had to deal with a delay this bad before in any 2k that I've played. I knew there would be issues with Crossplay being implemented but they have to do better.

2. We need transparency on ratings and what each attribute does. The small description provided isn't cutting it especially once people actually start testing ratings.

3. Passing needs a massive overhaul. Passing is terrible it has been for years. You can have a 90+ pass rating and your player will throw the ball directly at a defenders head or back that is 3 feet away from them. The receivers of passes still get pulled into awkward stumbles and off balance catches like they're catching a 40 lb weighted ball. I've never seen NBA players struggle so much just to catch a ball. I understand in Bail out situations and full court heaves from low rated passers but it happens to players even with high ratings it's dumb.

well said

tbh when i was away in Miami i had a blast taking a 5 day break lol **** felt great

playing 2k feels like a chore its impossible to just get on and have fun esp in 3v3 pro-am

Back
Top Bottom