Official Big Sean Thread vol. FFOE (Finally Famous: The Album -- OUT NOW!!!!)

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

I'd give this album a solid B, B- for a mainstream rap album. Thought it was solid debut. Very formulaic, no chances taken whatsoever, but executed effectively.

There arent any particularity great songs on the album
(outside of maybe 'Celebrity', which is smooth as hell), but there aren't any bad ones either. The album rides out from beginning to end pretty much. Prolly wont have much replay value, but really, I can say that about 90% of the music I hear nowdays anyway. For the next month or so tho, it's riding...

There is definitely still room for growth w/ him tho. He can be as witty as (or more than) any of the 'new school' rappers at times, but gets redundant too often....somebody in his camp is gonna have to check him on that, or he'll be washed up in a year or so. He has the talent to top this album commercially & musically tho, it's there. We'll see...

and I know the Marvin Gaye record is the automatic single just off the features alone, but they need to strike w/ the 'Dance/***' joint, that seems to be easily the popular song off the album right now. That song is gonna be huge in Detroit, prolly gon bring Jittin back in the clubs. Prolly in Chicago too with footwork'n/jukin crowd and all that...def a strong techno/house feel to that one.

Great look for the city tho. Had to go out and support. Definitely motivational.
pimp.gif

That's pretty much the point I was making, but dudes got too amped up and didn't actually read. The way they were defending the album, you
would think they were signed to G.O.O.D. Music themselves and were on stage with Big Sean. I never said the album was trash, but that it
was very standard and formulaic, basically, the same stuff everybody else is doing with very little variation. But for people to say at the midpoint
of this year, that Finally Famous is "album of the year", is pretty laughable, based on every other album and even mixtape that have come out
this year. I guess the same people who think this album is the best of the year have Rolling Papers, Too Cool To Care, and Lasers behind that,
or Finally Famous is the only album they've listened to in 2011. So I'll leave it at that.

Am I the only one who really go that memories pt 2 with john legend on repeat. They killed it with that song, listen to the words no matter who you are you can relate especially the struggle to the success

Am I the only one who really go that memories pt 2 with john legend on repeat. They killed it with that song, listen to the words no matter who you are you can relate especially the struggle to the success

Originally Posted by Peep Game

I'd give this album a solid B, B- for a mainstream rap album. Thought it was solid debut. Very formulaic, no chances taken whatsoever, but executed effectively.

(outside of maybe 'Celebrity', which is smooth as hell), but there aren't any bad ones either. The album rides out from beginning to end pretty much. Prolly wont have much replay value, but really, I can say that about 90% of the music I hear nowdays anyway. For the next month or so tho, it's riding...

There is definitely still room for growth w/ him tho. He can be as witty as (or more than) any of the 'new school' rappers at times, but gets redundant too often....somebody in his camp is gonna have to check him on that, or he'll be washed up in a year or so. He has the talent to top this album commercially & musically tho, it's there. We'll see...

and I know the Marvin Gaye record is the automatic single just off the features alone, but they need to strike w/ the 'Dance/***' joint, that seems to be easily the popular song off the album right now. That song is gonna be huge in Detroit, prolly gon bring Jittin back in the clubs. Prolly in Chicago too with footwork'n/jukin crowd and all that...def a strong techno/house feel to that one.

Great look for the city tho. Had to go out and support. Definitely motivational.
pimp.gif

That's pretty much the point I was making, but dudes got too amped up and didn't actually read. The way they were defending the album, you
would think they were signed to G.O.O.D. Music themselves and were on stage with Big Sean. I never said the album was trash, but that it
was very standard and formulaic, basically, the same stuff everybody else is doing with very little variation. But for people to say at the midpoint
of this year, that Finally Famous is "album of the year", is pretty laughable, based on every other album and even mixtape that have come out
this year. I guess the same people who think this album is the best of the year have Rolling Papers, Too Cool To Care, and Lasers behind that,
or Finally Famous is the only album they've listened to in 2011. So I'll leave it at that.
How is it laughable? It's their opinion.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

A random opinion is one thing, but using common sense with an opinion is totally different. When something's pretty
obvious, it really doesn't matter if it's "their opinion". That's like somebody saying "The Lakers were the best team in
the NBA last year". Sure, that's their opinion, but
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 really?

A random opinion is one thing, but using common sense with an opinion is totally different. When something's pretty
obvious, it really doesn't matter if it's "their opinion". That's like somebody saying "The Lakers were the best team in
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 really?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 really?

Not the best analogy to use there, because in sports you can actually use data and performances to back up those statements.

In music it's different. Taste/preferences in music differ and two people could literally listen to the same thing and say something different about what they heard. I actually agree with the dude who posted that it isn't AOTY (still think it's a great album), but at the same time if someone thinks it is, that's cool. I'll disagree while also respecting their viewpoint.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 really?

Not the best analogy to use there, because in sports you can actually use data and performances to back up those statements.

In music it's different. Taste/preferences in music differ and two people could literally listen to the same thing and say something different about what they heard. I actually agree with the dude who posted that it isn't AOTY (still think it's a great album), but at the same time if someone thinks it is, that's cool. I'll disagree while also respecting their viewpoint.

I think it's a pretty spot on analogy, but i can see where you're coming from. I just don't get how people could get so up in arms
about something that's not really good, even though it's not bad either. Like getting excited for a C+, I guess it's better than nothing.

I think it's a pretty spot on analogy, but i can see where you're coming from. I just don't get how people could get so up in arms
about something that's not really good, even though it's not bad either. Like getting excited for a C+, I guess it's better than nothing.

What's his set list like? Gonna see him and Wiz tonight, hopefully Sean's performance is nothing like his BET performance
laugh.gif
Seen him twice, both packed shows but I lost interest since as I said before I was never a fan of his mixtape material. He does give a good show though, high energy......he clearly looked nervous during his BET performance.

What's his set list like? Gonna see him and Wiz tonight, hopefully Sean's performance is nothing like his BET performance
laugh.gif
Seen him twice, both packed shows but I lost interest since as I said before I was never a fan of his mixtape material. He does give a good show though, high energy......he clearly looked nervous during his BET performance.

Originally Posted by ballislife32688

I hear ya bro.

Originally Posted by ballislife32688

I hear ya bro.

More I listen to this CD it gets better and better, this is a good album and definitely something to build on for Big Sean. Im eating in a world where im considered bait,

More I listen to this CD it gets better and better, this is a good album and definitely something to build on for Big Sean. Im eating in a world where im considered bait,

First week sales were not bad at all. He @#$#@$ up on the shipping though.... could've hit the 100K mark.

First week sales were not bad at all. He @#$#@$ up on the shipping though.... could've hit the 100K mark.

Back
Top Bottom