Official Billions Thread: Season 7 (Final Season), Episode 9 (10/6/23) - Game Theory Optimal

I think we saw a changing of the guard with Chuck and his Father. 
Chuck has become his father and Sr. doesn't like the monster he created.
I expected Sr. to praise Chuck for his willingness to do anything to get what he wants, so I was shocked to see how hurt and upset he was.
I won't go so far as to say they foreshadowed Chuck Sr. death but I did think it briefly when Sr. said "you will always be my son and at my funeral  you will say nice things....."

I think that Chuck has crossed that line between good and evil and there is no turning back.
Expect him to be extra Savage next Season and lay more waste to those who stand in his way.

:pimp:

EXCELLENT post as usual. I agree with you. I'd also add that Chucks father likes to help Chuck on his terms and he likes to be in control or at least be informed. Chuck has let his dad know about his moves every step of the way except this time. His dad has been willing to take Ls before when properly kept in the loop but he was shocked that Chuck basically is stepping out to do things on his own which is strangely the criticism Axe leveled at Chuck 3 episodes back. To a certain extent I think Chuck wants to prove Axe wrong and do things without his father's money or connections but that money and connections were the exact things that kept Chuck shielded from Axe in a certain way. It will be interesting how far Chuck goes now that he's all alone.

Came in to see how much slander Zik had for Chuck, just as I expected. I respect how Rhoades is willing to crash and burn just to see Axe lose it all and end up in prison. He doesn't care what it cost as long as he destroys him. I honestly don't mind seeing Chuck lose in the end, as long as Axe loses everything as well.
Slander?

Just my opinion.

Did I say anything that was false (predictions not included)?

Son took Ls with his father and friend. Learned his wife banged another rich guy and he knew her so well that he assumed correctly Wendy's and Axe's bond is so strong she would be the one he meets with before he gets arrested.

He knows he still can't break that.

Lets be honest about this war with Bobby. It's not cuz he's a bad person, cuz he cheats to make more money, is immoral or w/e. Its cuz of what he has with Wendy.

I mean before the past few eps this season Chuck has shown he is willing and fine with breaking the law and doing questionable to criminal things just to get Axe. He basically sees Axe cheats to win so he does as well. **** is unhealthy :lol:

He's not the hero/good guy of this story. Anti-hero to Axe's Anti-villain. Best part though, is I believe Chuck when he says it's worth it. I think deep down he knows Axe is gonna expose him and he's gonna lose it all (Pop's exposed/charged, gov. campaign done, the new head of Eastern getting burnt too) or worse but he'll be happy as long as Axe is taken down with him.

From a storytelling aspect, **** is great to watch but I'm not gonna front like Chuck is smart in this whole thing. Probably will be the same for Bobby when he's going after Chuck and has to sacrifice and lose things that should matter more than this petty feud.

It is funny how you went from Chuck is going to win and Axe is taking the L to I'm okay with Chuck losing if Axe does as well. Just as petty as Chuck :lol:

For a split second there I thought Bobby was about to start tonguing Wendy down talking about how much he loves her.

Really glad they didn't pull that stunt :lol:
That's being saved for Axe's death blow :lol:

I honestly believe that's exactly where he'll take it after the money **** won't be enough :lol:

I'm not saying Chuck is in a great spot now that he's alienated his dad but he should get credit for the win no matter how brief or tenuous that win is.
I expected Sr. to praise Chuck for his willingness to do anything to get what he wants, so I was shocked to see how hurt and upset he was.
I won't go so far as to say they foreshadowed Chuck Sr. death but I did think it briefly when Sr. said "you will always be my son and at my funeral  you will say nice things....."

I think that Chuck has crossed that line between good and evil and there is no turning back.
Expect him to be extra Savage next Season and lay more waste to those who stand in his way.

They foreshadowed his death back when Axe gave that monolgue about little boys relying on their fathers to do things they can't do for themselves and one day the old man will die and you'll have to do things yourself :lol: (funny enough that's basically what Chuck did boa proxy to get Axe arrested).

Last edited:
It is funny how you went from Chuck is going to win and Axe is taking the L to I'm okay with Chuck losing if Axe does as well. Just as petty as Chuck
laugh.gif

I still believe Chuck is going to win and Axe is going to lose in the end. We'll just have to wait and see.

Axe really can't lose. His income might be hurt, but dude is a billionaire. He isn't losing all of that. At least not on something caused by Chuck.

Chuck, on the other hand, will be crushed if that governor seat is lost. He already lost his woman.

Dammit man they need to bring this back sooner.

Axe really can't lose. His income might be hurt, but dude is a billionaire. He isn't losing all of that. At least not on something caused by Chuck.
Chuck represents the U.S. Govt., you know the entity that's undefeated against individuals like Axe. Do your homework on people on Wall Street that were taken down by the U.S. Govt. Bobby is involved in a lot of illegal activities and this assault on the Juice IPO is something that can ruin him. You do realize if he's convicted all of his assets will be seized and he will never be allowed to trade again. That's taking his very livelihood away. Now Chuck on the other hand isn't innocent by any measure in the steps he's willing to take in his pursuit of ruining Bobby. I do agree with Zik that his main motivation for destroying Axe revolves around Wendy. I know this thread is Team Axe and the thought of Axe losing it all is ludicrous to you guys, but just remember that when the U.S. Attorney goes after someone high profile, they eventually win.

Chuck, on the other hand, will be crushed if that governor seat is lost. He already lost his woman.
The only way I see this ending where both lose is they keep going at it hurting each other in cerebral ways until Chuck loses everything and it looks like Axe has won but then he does something that makes Axe kills him.

Chuck is dead but Axe goes to prison for murder :lol:

Don't buy in to that bull that Chuck repredents the US gov. He's corrupt and is going to be exposed.

He doesn't even have the full authority of the legal system on his side. His boss doesn't like him and wants to fire him. The dude he just put in power to run Eastern knows he's a corrupt ****.

The idea that Chuck = U.S. government and they don't lose is bull ****.

Chuck represents the U.S. Govt., you know the entity that's undefeated against individuals like Axe.
Tell that to the church of scientology who decisively beat the IRS when they filed thousands of suits against them individually for coming after them for the millions in taxes they don't pay :lol:

Last edited:
The only thing I don't understand is Axe's wife said "he isn't coming, it was bs"... but at the end of the episode axe shows up at his house.

So...he did come back.

I don't get the point of that dialogue if he really was coming back home

She thought he was coming home BEFORE getting arrestedto say goodbye since they didn't know if he'd post bail as quick as he did

Last edited:
Mary-Louise Parker
pimp.gif

Chuck Sr had enough
laugh.gif

Good finale

Season 2 was Really Entertaining
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
Bruh Oh my freaking GOsh man...
eek.gif

I. Did not. Realize. That was Mary-Louise. 

I knew she seemed really familiar but Man, how in TF, did I miss that man. I'm so ashamed

She thought he was coming home BEFORE getting arrestedto say goodbye since they didn't know if he'd post bail as quick as he did
This.

I still can't believe she was stupid enough to believe that.

I thought she was in on it once she asked to borrow the phone.

This.

I still don't get it.
Before the arrest, after the arrest… he said he would come home, and he did.

Why is she so pissed?
Who cares he didn't come home before being arrested, he couldn't…he got arrested.

Idk. Maybe im just not getting it. I don't understand how she felt betrayed because he got arrested before he got a chance to come home FIRST and say goodbye before being arrested :rolleyes

That doesn't seem like something worthy of a story line

It was worthy of a story line because she was already weak on Axe all season for making moves without her, and he did it again.

He said he was on his way but instead he was stealth mode meeting up with a Wendy while the Asian dude rolled up decoy like in Axe's Range.

She was expecting him to come home and he lied again.

Great finale.

S2 Axe goes down. S3 Rhoades goes down.

That seems clear to me.

In an ep Chuck was suppose to be getting the W he already started taking so many Ls to set up s3. That rift with his dad is permenent. You just kn9w the dude who stole that dominatrix laptop is gonna find his way to Axe and then everything is getting revealed. Somehow the deal with the head of Eastern covering up his father's involvement with ice juice and dipping in to the trust is all gonna come out and ruin Chuck. Son really alone.

That ending with Axe saying goodbye to Wendy with a hug and his wife not even being smart enough to know he wasn't coming also is gonna sting down the line.

"Worth it." :rofl: :pimp: :rofl: :stoneface:

Can't wait for s3.

Even if the guy does end up somehow going to Axe, unless he held on to some of the evidence before giving it to Chuck there isn't much he can do. Without evidence, all it will be is rumor and hearsay. Besides, this guy must be extremely trustworthy or indebted to Chuck in some way for Chuck to trust him with carrying out that task. The dude literally had to invest months of S&M abuse to get into the dominatirx's inner sanctum, :lol:. That is loyalty right there, unless he was already bout that life.

As for Lara, she is definitely going to make some changes in her life come S3. That was evident from the meeting with Axe's very good attorney,
:lol:. She is about to make some boss moves. Him lying to her again and keeping her out of the loop wont end well for him. We already know how psycho he can get when it comes to Lara and his boys.

Pops was too mad. He wanted to see chucks face when he found out Wendy got smashed.

The Afro man is pissed about getting passed over. I wonder does him resigning play into anything next year.

Boyd was ****.

Oh yeah I think Wendy was going to tell him she cleaned up before he cut her off. Although old buddy promised, I can't see how they don't throw her in as well.

I wonder if Afro guy will turn to the dark side and go corporate? It can't be rewarding busting your *** day in and day out to convict criminals only to see them get off and people you respect in the business turn a blind eye to it and turn out to be just as corrupt as the people you are trying to prosecute. At that point he might as well just do him. Him leaving the way he is must be used in some way next season. The question is how?

Came in to see how much slander Zik had for Chuck, just as I expected. I respect how Rhoades is willing to crash and burn just to see Axe lose it all and end up in prison. He doesn't care what it cost as long as he destroys him. I honestly don't mind seeing Chuck lose in the end, as long as Axe loses everything as well.

Wow! I tried to get on the same page with Chuck's logic for going that far, but I just cant do it. Chuck obviously isn't driven by money, and he definitely has a vengeful spirit. Just recall the story he told the sexy Ms. Botwin :lol: about the kid getting bullied which turned out to be him. I just don't see how you can despise someone that much that you are willing to lose everything just to see them suffer. At one point I said the money alone should be enough for him to let bygones be bygones, but again that isn't what drives him. Power and control is what he is about, and too bad for anyone he needs to use in order to get that. Just ask Ira and his pops :smh:. It is one thing if you are willing to lose it all, but to put your friends and family in it also. That is next level **** man.

To think, he wasn't even going to give the ok to his father about Ira's Ice Juice request. He only did it for his plan. He would have let it sit on his desk knowing it could make them all very wealthy. What kind of dude is this?

Ax does not seem to have that infidelity bone in his body.

I love Chucks dad also. He goes all the way with it and is so petty.

Taylor is going to explode and jump off her new building, dealing with identity crises.

I hope Ax gets back at Larry ( Dude who set him up)

LOL @ Afroman I couldnt take him serious.

Axe only fornicates with his wife, and his money pit, :lol:. Nothing else turns him on.

Am I the only one that isn't really upset with the guy Lawremce for setting Axe up? Axe $hitted on him for his own gain, and he did grimey $hit to other men in the business. Seems like the norm for them.

He been playing the fence for a bit and even jumping over occasionally. Now he has definitely gone off the reservation. After doing what he did there is not coming back, he just has to see it through.

The only thing I don't understand is Axe's wife said "he isn't coming, it was bs"... but at the end of the episode axe shows up at his house.

So...he did come back.

I don't get the point of that dialogue if he really was coming back home

He was supposed to go back home to say goodbye to her before getting arrested. They didn't know what the outcome would be and how long he would be down for. He played her knowing good and damn well he wasn't coming back and he was actually trying to throw the feds off. She later realized, that it was a ploy on his part and once again she was left out of the plan.

i wonder if did the media catch him hugging wendy before he got arrested?

I don't think any of that was televised because the wife didn't seem to even know about the arrest. Plus, if Wendy was anywhere near Axe during his arrest and it was on the News Lara would have left with the kids, :lol:

It was worthy of a story line because she was already weak on Axe all season for making moves without her, and he did it again.

He said he was on his way but instead he was stealth mode meeting up with a Wendy while the Asian dude rolled up decoy like in Axe's Range.

She was expecting him to come home and he lied again.

Bingo

Hang on a second, I thought the guy who stole the dominatrix laptop was hired by Chuck.

I thought Chuck was covering his tracks.

Hang on a second, I thought the guy who stole the dominatrix laptop was hired by Chuck.

He was.

He did. Someone in hear brought up the possibility of that guy somehow going to Axe. I don't see how that is possible.

The guy was hired by Chuck's dad. He was the guy following Axe and his people all season long.

It could come into play depending on how vengeful Chuck Sr feels like being.

Tell that to the church of scientology who decisively beat the IRS when they filed thousands of suits against them individually for coming after them for the millions in taxes they don't pay
laugh.gif
That was a piss poor example and has nothing to do with Attorney Generals going after the Financial Sector. I know you're not dumb, so if you're going to argue at least know what you're talking about and use proper examples.

Tell that to the church of scientology who decisively beat the IRS when they filed thousands of suits against them individually for coming after them for the millions in taxes they don't pay
laugh.gif
That was a piss poor example and has nothing to do with Attorney Generals going after the Financial Sector. I know you're not dumb, so if you're going to argue at least know what you're talking about and use proper examples.
damn got all up in his *** 
roll.gif

raped him with that logic 
laugh.gif

they way you made him sound so stupid and unintelligent like you just sodomized him 
laugh.gif

i wonder if did the media catch him hugging wendy before he got arrested?
No. Dude didn't call the media. So they weren't there. Just like they weren't at Axe's house.

This.

I still don't get it.
Before the arrest, after the arrest… he said he would come home, and he did.

Why is she so pissed?
Who cares he didn't come home before being arrested, he couldn't…he got arrested.

Idk. Maybe im just not getting it. I don't understand how she felt betrayed because he got arrested before he got a chance to come home FIRST and say goodbye before being arrested :rolleyes

That doesn't seem like something worthy of a story line
She simply really believed he was coming home for w/e reason.

So yeah she would be mad about that if it was implied he was coming home before being arrested and he didn't.

Tell that to the church of scientology who decisively beat the IRS when they filed thousands of suits against them individually for coming after them for the millions in taxes they don't pay :lol:

I didn't say it had anything to do with attorney generals.

You said the U.S. government is undefeated. That's a lie. That's not just the attorney General. The IRS is a part of the U.S. government. I know you're not this dumb to ignore the point being made to back track and make this just about attorney general's. Something Chuck isn't even trying to be anymore.

You said Chuck represents the gov. I merely provided an example where the U.S. gov took a L and pointed out Chuck's growing corruption in his obsession with getting Axe put away.

Just cuz you don't like the example I put forth doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about. You just can't refute anything about that example so you're trying to dismiss it altogether :lol:

Furthermore, are you seriously saying that the attorney General always gets the criminal they're going after? That they're undefeated?

Cuz that claim is wildly false and stupid with in itself. Shows a clearly lack of knowledge on criminal enterprises throughout U.S. history and the failures of lawmen and law enforcers who tried to pursue certain individuals.

damn got all up in his *** :rofl:

raped him with that logic :lol:

they way you made him sound so stupid and unintelligent like you just sodomized him :lol:
Gave you flashbacks of when it repeatedly happens to you didn't it? :lol:

Last edited:
Chuck represents the U.S. Govt., you know the entity that's undefeated against individuals like Axe. Do your homework on people on Wall Street that were taken down by the U.S. Govt.

Let's revisit what I said since you're making things up. The U.S. Govt. is undefeated against sole individuals who commit fraud or break any laws involving trade in the market. This is a known fact, not only because an acting AG will only prosecute with stacks of evidence, but will also do so successfully because of the endless amounts of resources that the Feds have.

Now where in my original statement did I say the U.S. Govt. has gone undefeated against every criminal? Not only are you reaching, but you sound foolish with your argument. You brought up the Church of Scientology and the IRS to refute my statement. :rofl:

Now, Chuck is a U.S. Attorney and while he isn't the AG, he still prosecutes with the backing of the AG. He specializes in taking cases on that put people like Axe away. If you remember season 1, it's well known he's undefeated. The AG ultimately will step in and guide a U.S. Attorney in their district to aid them, but the struggle between these two characters is what makes the show and why we tune in. Normally the AG would have stepped in, but this is a television show and of course we need drama.

Criminals like Axe?

Nobody is talking about Chuck's record. You said he represents the gov. and this case they're undefeated. That's not the case.

Especially given Chuck's corruption.

Back
Top Bottom