Official Bitcoin Thread

If I wanted to use BitCoin instead of doing an international wire, what is the best way to go about this without the receiver losing money.

Ex : I want to internationally wire $1000 , if I sent $1000 worth of BTC and bitcoin goes down he doesn't actually get the full $1000 correct ?

Also would coinbase be the easiest way for them to deposit their currency into their account?

If I wanted to use BitCoin instead of doing an international wire, what is the best way to go about this without the receiver losing money.

Ex : I want to internationally wire $1000 , if I sent $1000 worth of BTC and bitcoin goes down he doesn't actually get the full $1000 correct ?
Also would coinbase be the easiest way for them to deposit their currency into their account?
Bitcoin is Bitcoin. You are not wiring dollars, if you send 1 BTC someone receives 1 BTC. The value of that BTC is up to the market and changes just like any currency.

They can then sell that BTC to an exchange at market value for USD at the time of sale.

Bitcoin is Bitcoin. You are not wiring dollars, if you send 1 BTC someone receives 1 BTC. The value of that BTC is up to the market and changes just like any currency.

They can then sell that BTC to an exchange at market value for USD at the time of sale.
Okay cool , thanks .

@Zyzz your right thanks for the heads up I can finally buy some BTC and get some alt coins to trade.

Last edited:
Got a new reply from CoinBase today, My account was flagged because my 1/2 of my debt cards didn't have a middle Initial. So they said their was a name "mismatch" Followed by a contact us in June to fix. 

Looks like Coinbase is getting deleted today. 

my LTH coins finally came in today. Now I gotta figure how to store some and trade some for some different alt coins

Btw. What % of your investments do you guys usually put towards alt coins? I'm intrigued by Stellar Lumens 

Last edited:

my LTH coins finally came in today. Now I gotta figure how to store some and trade some for some different alt coins
I'm as new as you dude, still trying to figure stuff out. but I'm looking at myetherwallet to store coins I want to hold for the long haul. 

same though on figuring out what site I want to use for the smaller alt coins. to trade though I'm thinking you could send your coins to myether, then from there send them to whatever site you want to trade on 

Btw. What % of your investments do you guys usually put towards alt coins? I'm intrigued by Stellar Lumens 
You can send them straight to Polo from coinbase to trade. 

Im still in week one of trading, got about 2.5 BTC for trades/Alt coins, originally planned to do 50:50 but with how the first week has gone i think ill add more BTC before the end of the week to trade with.

Last edited:

You can send them straight to Polo from coinbase to trade. 

Im still in week one of trading, got about 2.5 BTC for trades/Alt coins, originally planned to do 50:50 but with how the first week has gone i think ill add more BTC before the end of the week to trade with.
Are Kraken and Polo basically the same thing? Has polo been pretty smooth for you? 

Last edited:

I'm as new as you dude, still trying to figure stuff out. but I'm looking at myetherwallet to store coins I want to hold for the long haul. 

same though on figuring out what site I want to use for the smaller alt coins. to trade though I'm thinking you could send your coins to myether, then from there send them to whatever site you want to trade on 
Hmm thats sounds like a good idea. Ill look into myetherwallet 

My transaction keeps getting cancelled on Coinbase when I try to buy BTC.
It goes through at first but then I get an email saying it's cancelled.

Anyone ever experience this?
Looking to drop 3K on 2 BTC.

U need more then 3k for 2 btc

dam at this rate BTC will hit 2k soon 
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom