Official Bitcoin Thread

I added a little req as well. Would like to buy some more to round out my position. Will prob dca that over the next couple of months unless JT goes parabolic.

upload_2018-5-7_15-2-42.png

What is this site?

I need to take part in ICO's

https://www.monoico.com/

And as already stated, if you're in the US then you need to use a pool to get into ICO's.
Pools are better anyway since you get in earlier and with a better price but the wait is usually longer though.

Last edited:
How do you find reputable pools?

I sort of just found them through links on Telegram.

Best thing to do is join a few pools on Telegram and just be a lurker to see how things go to make sure they're legit

If you really wanted to be 100% sure then the good pools will have their past pools posted in a spreadsheet or website with a link to the primablock and etherscan transactions so you can see where the money has gone.
You can then verify the transaction by contacting the CEO of the project or an admin in the telegram group to ensure it's legit. You'll have to be careful with this though because a lot of projects are publicly saying no to pools these days for legal reasons (Because you skip doing KYC and AML checks) even though they don't really mind behind the scenes because they're still getting money. I would only do this for projects where the ICO has completely concluded and not just the private/pre-sale portion.

Good pools also have live AMA's in their telegram groups with the project CEO or CTO for the project they're about to invest in so you know its legit because the pool owners or organisers will have had contact with the CEO's to organise the AMA and you can go to the project's telegram to make sure that the CEO, CTO or whoever was in the AMA are admins in their own Telegram group.

Lastly, good pools will have a fee. Most pools use Primablock which makes pooling a lot easier through smart contracts but using primablock incurs a 0.5 fee for primablock and then the pool organisers can add whatever they want on top of that for GAS and their own cut. Usually 3% from what I've seen so about 3.5 to 4% in fees but when you consider that you're getting a bonus or discount on the price of the token compared to the crowdsale price, it still ends up being a much better deal.
it's in the best interest of the pool owners to continue to get high valued pools because as their rep goes up for getting the best deals for the most sought after ICO's, more people join the pool and they can get bigger allocations and take a cut for getting the deal for people in the pool and also get a bonus too for participating if they want too so it's a win win for everyone. If a pool didn't have a fee then I would be a be a bit hesitant unless everything else checks out.

I saw a pool drop 1000 eth for a presale in an ICO once which is not far off from a million dollars so 3.5% will be about $30K which is a lot of money but they usually have a team doing all this so the money is split between a few people. It's basically their job to be researching new projects, calling up CEO's to negotiate good deals and going to Blockchain conferences to find the best stuff early.

Not financial advise and I'm not a financial advisor but here's one I've used for 6 pools so far and I've received tokens for 3 of them. I'm waiting on the others because the tokens are either locked waiting for an exchange listing or the ICO is still going on so they've not been distributed yet.

http://www.icoparticipationcapital.com/

I would read their FAQ, join their telegram and do as much research as possible for those interested.

What's discord? Only heard of it from here
Its a chatroom platform that was initially created for gamers and live streamers, but the internet took over and its used for just about everything now.

Telegram is another one thats used too

Never thought mining all that Bytecoin on my old gaming laptop last year would ever pay off. Made a nice 3k early this morning as soon as it listed on Binance. Glad I didn't get caught up in the ******* like most holders.

Back
Top Bottom