Official Bitcoin Thread

I'm investing on the strength of other people's belief in bitcoin :lol: because I def dont believe in it. Honestly i dont have to believe in it to make money. Matter of fact I dont even like lambos and wouldn't buy one if I had the money.

https://bitcoinist.com/bitcoin-halving-year-away-price-60-up/

BITCOIN HALVING 365 DAYS FROM NOW
Bitcoin halving, the event which will slash the mining block reward in half, is estimated to be exactly one year from today. At present, miners receive 12.5 BTC whenever a block is mined and by this time next year, this number will be reduced to 6.25 BTC.

As Bitcoinist has reported, there seems to be a direct correlation between Bitcoin halving and its price which is perhaps the thing everyone is mostly concerned with. Historical patterns show that Bitcoin prices tend to boom approximately one year after each previous halving.

There’s much sense to that, at least in theory – when the supply of Bitcoin is less than the demand for it, the price should rise. Hence, if the demand for bitcoin increases, or even more so – if it stays the same, while its supply declines, the price should go up.

‘FRONT RUN, UP FROM HERE’
2019 has so far turned out to be particularly good for Bitcoin. Year to date, its price has surged by more than 110 percent.

Bitcoin creator Craig S. Wright (Satoshi Nakamoto) granted US copyright registrations for Bitcoin white paper and code

Craig S. Wright has been granted U.S. copyright registrations for the famed original Bitcoin white paper, and most of the original Bitcoin code (version 0.1). Importantly, the registrations issued by the U.S. Copyright Office recognize Wright as the author – under the pseudonym Satoshi Nakamoto – of both the white paper and code. This is the first government agency recognition of Craig Wright as Satoshi Nakamoto, the creator of Bitcoin. In addition to being Bitcoin’s creator, Wright is currently Chief Scientist of nChain, the global leader in advisory, research and development of blockchain technologies, which focuses on massive adoption of Bitcoin in the form of Bitcoin SV (Satoshi Vision).

https://coingeek.com/bitcoin-creato...gistrations-for-bitcoin-white-paper-and-code/

for the dummies that don't believe in bitcoin...how hard is it to understand?

That's not really a good argument for bitcoin. Money is backed by a government that is backed by a military with thousands of nuclear weapons. Once people believe bitcoin is worthless, it will be worthless, or if another coin replaces it, it may be worthless.

It's pretty amazing how people have no idea how money works. Not saying I'm an expert but geez. The US dollar hasn't been backed by anything physical since the 70s. I remember people in here thinking it was still backed by gold. Fiat money is basically valuable because of the reputation of the government that prints it and the people who agree to exchange it. The word 'fiat' basically translates to 'because I said so'. The dollar loses value every time another dollar is printed

Once people believe bitcoin is worthless, it will be worthless

Really think what you're saying here. Put simply, say I have a cardboard piece of paper with some dudes face on it....pretty worthless right?? So why did something like this sell for $192,547?? Let me guess, people are dumb right? You're better than them in understanding value?

Bitcoin creator Craig S. Wright (Satoshi Nakamoto) granted US copyright registrations for Bitcoin white paper and code

Craig S. Wright has been granted U.S. copyright registrations for the famed original Bitcoin white paper, and most of the original Bitcoin code (version 0.1). Importantly, the registrations issued by the U.S. Copyright Office recognize Wright as the author – under the pseudonym Satoshi Nakamoto – of both the white paper and code. This is the first government agency recognition of Craig Wright as Satoshi Nakamoto, the creator of Bitcoin. In addition to being Bitcoin’s creator, Wright is currently Chief Scientist of nChain, the global leader in advisory, research and development of blockchain technologies, which focuses on massive adoption of Bitcoin in the form of Bitcoin SV (Satoshi Vision).

https://coingeek.com/bitcoin-creato...gistrations-for-bitcoin-white-paper-and-code/
Never knew the true Bitcoin creator revealed himself. Unless this dude is lying :lol:.

That's not really a good argument for bitcoin. Money is backed by a government that is backed by a military with thousands of nuclear weapons. Once people believe bitcoin is worthless, it will be worthless, or if another coin replaces it, it may be worthless.

So our money is backed by Nuclear Weapons?

Lemme get outta here

tenor.gif

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...to-startup-pays-out-6-567-return?srnd=premium

Billionaire moneymen Peter Thiel, Alan Howard and Louis Bacon have seen plenty of big paydays—but probably none as unusual as this one.

A buyback by Block.one, a cryptocurrency startup, will return as much as 6,567% to its earliest investors—in less than three years. That translates into $6.6 million for a $100,000 stake, a stunning result any time but especially in a market that crashed in 2018.

“Block.one is very much the odd one out in the crypto market,” said Tom Shaughnessy, co-founder of Delphi Digital, a crypto research firm in New York.

Block.one stands out because of the scope of its ambitions and size of its balance sheet: it raised about $4 billion in the biggest sale of digital tokens. The promise is to help produce key buildings blocks for a new secure version of the internet. The company plans to announce a social-media product in June.

Back
Top Bottom