Official Bitcoin Thread

Golem is a global, open-sourced, decentralized supercomputer that anyone can access. It's made up of the combined power of user's machines, from personal laptops to datacenters.
Category: Computing network
Latest release: Brass Golem Alpha2 0.8 - 24th August, 2017
Initial release: 11th November, 2016 (launch of ICO)
All time low: 0.008797 USD
All time high: 0.739118 USD
Pros:
-You get rewarded for renting out computing power
Cons:
-No mining available
-No previous working example of the technology
Similar projects:
-Siacoin, Storj
Key figures:
-Julian Zawistowski, Piotr "Viggith" Janiuk, Andrzej Regulski

Lisk is an open-source cryptocurrency and decentralized application platform, written in JavaScript.
Category: Platform
Date of launch: 2016.05.24
All time low: 0.095652 USD
All time high: 8.29 USD
Pros:
-Lisk basically allows any web developer who has used any JavaScript framework before to easily and quickly build an app on its platform
-Lisk network operates using a Delegated Proof-of-Stake (DPoS) consensus mechanism which is secured by 101 democratically elected delegates therefore there is an incentive to be active and get voted to earn block generation rewards
Cons:
-Not yet delivered known projects on the platform
Similar projects:
-Ethereum, Neo
Key figures:
-Max Kordek, Oliver Beddows

Ripple is a real time gross settlement system, currency exchange and remittance network. XRP is supplied to banks to be used as liquidity in cross-border transactions.
Native currency: XRP
Initial release: 2012
All time low price: 0.001223 USD
All time high price: 0.44 USD
Pros:
-Near instant transaction time
-Free from DDOS attacks
-Settlement infrastructure used by banks
-Huge corporate backing and large staff
Cons:
-Founders controll 60% of XRP
-Network is mostly controlled by Ripple
-Not being acknowledged as a real crypto due to involvement with banks
Similar projects:
-Stellar
Key figures:
-Jed McCaleb, Chris Larsen, Ryan Fugger

Verge (XVG)
Verge is a secure and anonymus cryptocurrency built with a focus on privacy. Verge (formerly DogecoinDark (DOGED)) is a decentralized, open-source cryptocurrency forked from Dogecoin in october 2014 and re-branded as Verge in february 2016.
Category: Currency
Date of fork: 2014.10.09
All time low: 0.000002 USD
All time high: 0.006506 USD
Pros:
-Uses multiple anonymity-centric networks such as TOR and i2P
-Supportive community
-Simple Payment Verification (SPV) technology allows fast transactions (~5 sec)
Cons:
-High supply (13,409,472,280 circulating supply) -Competition in the privacy coin market
Similar projects:
-Pivx, Monero, Zcash
Key figures:
-Developers don't reveal their identities, they use pseudonyms. Main character: CryptoRekt

NEO (NEO)
NEO, formerly Antshares is a smart assets and application platform based in China also China's first ever open source blockchain.
Category: Platform
Date of launch: June, 2014 (Antshares)
All time low: 0.072287 USD
All time high: 52.63 USD
Pros:
-Allows the creation of smart contracts and custom tokens
-Strong chinese support
-Can stake it to claim free GAS
Cons:
- Not yet launched a successful project
Similar projects:
-Ethereum, Lisk
Key figures:
-Da Hongfei, Erik Zhang

I believe I read that somewhere too...Don't know what's the outcome will be...

Anybody has Tether (USDT)? Looks promising...

Tether converts cash into digital currency, to anchor or tether to the price of national currencies like the US dollar, the Euro and the Yen. For example USDT is a cryptocurrency asset issued on the bitcoin blockchain via the Omni Layer Protocol. Each USDT unit is backed by a US dollar held in the reserves of the Tether Limited and can be redeemed through the Tether platform.
Category: Currency
Date of launch: May, 2014 (Foundation of Tether holdings)
All time low: 0.568314 USD
All time high: 1.22 USD
Pros:
-Tether has no transaction fees (although external wallets and exchanges may charge one)
-Every tether is always backed 1-to-1, by traditional currency held in reserves.
-Tether is the most widely integrated digital-to-fiat currency
-Reserve holdings are published daily and subject to frequent professional audits
Cons:
-Tether's central reserve model reintroduces an inherent weakness that bitcoin meant to replace
Similar projects:
-Bitreserve
Key figures:
-Reeve Collins, Brock Pierce

Usdt is supposed to always be $1 its not for investing in. Its a crypto tied to the dollar, good to be used as a hedge. Some people believe that they are not as liquid as they claim to be.

Usdt is supposed to always be $1 its not for investing in. Its a crypto tied to the dollar, good to be used as a hedge. Some people believe that they are not as liquid as they claim to be.

With that being said, does the value no lt drop during the dip?

What is your most invested coin as of right now?

XRP is for me. That slope is killing me! I need a bull run :lol:

OMG is runner up..

Last edited:
Why do you dudes buy xrp so much when the supply is humongous at 38 billion? You realize how much money has to go in for it to even rise by 1 cent? Got me wondering do you even crypto bruh?

You might only ever make cents per unit with XRP but if you're holding 1000's it adds up.

I don't hold any but that's my layman logic regarding the matter :lol:

As for volume i'm only playing small chips but i've got pretty much equal value with BTC, ETH, NEO, OMG and ARK.

Why do you dudes buy xrp so much when the supply is humongous at 38 billion? You realize how much money has to go in for it to even rise by 1 cent? Got me wondering do you even crypto bruh?

Yes, I'm in it for the long haul!

It was only a matter of time before this thread basically devolved into a crypto subreddit.

For everyone reading this thread for help/info, BE CAREFUL. Asbolutely DO NOT take anything said in this thread as a fact or good investment advice.

Sorry to do this, but especially Grine Grine . You have 0 idea what you're talking about. 0. Don't listen to me either, I'm not trying to be a hypocrite, but seriously. Anyone but Grine Grine

:lol: thejrob thejrob has a good idea of how to do it. Some of the comments in here are laughable, but I guess as long as everyone's learning on their own path to success... Key word is "learning".. Not just posting for the sake of posting.

It was only a matter of time before this thread basically devolved into a crypto subreddit.

For everyone reading this thread for help/info, BE CAREFUL. Asbolutely DO NOT take anything said in this thread as a fact or good investment advice.

Sorry to do this, but especially Grine Grine . You have 0 idea what you're talking about. 0. Don't listen to me either, I'm not trying to be a hypocrite, but seriously. Anyone but Grine Grine

:lol:

Crypto trading and trading, you're right.

Technology, I do, for I have long solid background working in technology (Programming, Infrastructure, Networking and Application). I'm a Sr. Technical Engineer and Lead of Network Infrastructure Team.

For ME, I am investing in the technology...Maybe that's the short hinged sight of this..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom