Official Bitcoin Thread

So you spent 50kish on that minig setup up pdino?
~5k to put the subpanel, outlets, Ethernet cables in detached garage. ~10k for all the miners, power units, cords, fans, surge protectors, etc. Minus electrical costs, pool fee, ROI in 3-4 months. I had bought solar 2 years ago so don't include that

bibox exchange crept into the top 10 exchanges.....anyways, check out their lockup feature...great way to earn extra % https://www.bibox.com/coinTreasure

if u believe in exchange tokens growth....bix being at $1.00 is pretty good deal right now vs the other ones that are in the top 10... huobi token = $4 binance = $14 kucoin (not top 10) = $3.77

A must watch. I saw this video a week ago on Telegram but couldn't be bothered to watch it. Now I'm glad I did. Not sure if it's been posted already.
Very interesting to see how Crypto is in Asia compared to the west.

When Crypto and blockchain becomes mainstream in the west, us early adopters will take off.

One thing I've added to my research toolkit for ICO's are VC's. These are the guys that get the seed rounds and private sale before us peasants can have a sniff at the ICO or Pre-sale.

I've seen Hashed before watching this video but I didn't know how big they were. 600K to 250 Million net worth in a year and a half :wow:
They accelerated ICON and participated in Ontology amongst other projects and looking at their portfolio they will hit the billion mark no doubt.

upload_2018-5-21_19-43-25.png

Other VCs I look out for when grading ICOs are:

Fenbushi Capital - First China based VC. Vitalik was part of the team but left to focus on Ethereum. He's still on their website though. They also own one of the NEO Consensus nodes. They've invested over 50m in blockchain projects.

YCombinator - Not strictly blockchain products but I don't need to say much, just look at a segment of their portfolio. First line alone killed it.
When these guys are investing in a crypto project then you know there's a good chance of it being good.

upload_2018-5-21_20-1-45.png

Torque Ventures - These guys are strategic partners for Zebi, Matrix, PChain. They invested in ICON too. They have a blog on Medium which has good articles.
They have a big following because they wrote an article on Certik, a project similar to Quantstamp and their telegram group exploded with new users after.

NGC (NEO Global Capital) - Not owned by NEO but strategically affiliated with NEO, basically the invest arm of the NEO foundation.

upload_2018-5-21_20-16-39.png

GBIC - This one is new to me but I've heard good things and their portfolio shows that.

upload_2018-5-21_20-27-34.png

Only downside is VCs are taking over ICOs. Loads of projects are being sold out privately because not only can VCs provide lots of money early on but they can also be strategic partners.
As said in the video, they can help with the whitepaper and marketing for a massive discount in the token price and that's what Hashed did for ICON and look at where ICON is now.
Not only that but ICO's are hard because of distribution and in the case of ERC-20 tokens, you need Gas to cover the distribution which is also money. Then there's regulations and opposition from governments as we know.

Our only hope is the fact that crowdsales build up a community which is a must in the crypto space for loads of obvious reasons.

Still, even if you invest in projects post ICO, they are still helpful when doing research.

Obviously DYOR still applies, don't go all in on projects just because of VC's but use their knowledge and capabilities as a tool.
It's a good idea to follow these VCs on twitter, telegram, medium, reddit etc just to see what they're up to.

Got my copy of Game Informer today and saw that they had an article on Cryptocurrency. They even name dropped one of my fav alt coins, Enjin Coin. Looks like i need to grab more Enjin while the price is right.
The article was mostly explaining blockchains for beginners.
Haven’t posted in the group in a while, but I’m still a big fan of Tron Enjin, Ethereum Classic & Fun Fair.
CDFFDAC4-36E7-45DD-AFB7-C9E1EA8EAC9F.jpeg

8D9178D9-6D70-45A5-B85E-C30BA847FF9C.jpeg

A must watch. I saw this video a week ago on Telegram but couldn't be bothered to watch it. Now I'm glad I did. Not sure if it's been posted already.
Very interesting to see how Crypto is in Asia compared to the west.

When Crypto and blockchain becomes mainstream in the west, us early adopters will take off.

One thing I've added to my research toolkit for ICO's are VC's. These are the guys that get the seed rounds and private sale before us peasants can have a sniff at the ICO or Pre-sale.

I've seen Hashed before watching this video but I didn't know how big they were. 600K to 250 Million net worth in a year and a half :wow:
They accelerated ICON and participated in Ontology amongst other projects and looking at their portfolio they will hit the billion mark no doubt.

upload_2018-5-21_19-43-25.png

Other VCs I look out for when grading ICOs are:

Fenbushi Capital - First China based VC. Vitalik was part of the team but left to focus on Ethereum. He's still on their website though. They also own one of the NEO Consensus nodes. They've invested over 50m in blockchain projects.

YCombinator - Not strictly blockchain products but I don't need to say much, just look at a segment of their portfolio. First line alone killed it.
When these guys are investing in a crypto project then you know there's a good chance of it being good.

upload_2018-5-21_20-1-45.png

Torque Ventures - These guys are strategic partners for Zebi, Matrix, PChain. They invested in ICON too. They have a blog on Medium which has good articles.
They have a big following because they wrote an article on Certik, a project similar to Quantstamp and their telegram group exploded with new users after.

NGC (NEO Global Capital) - Not owned by NEO but strategically affiliated with NEO, basically the invest arm of the NEO foundation.

upload_2018-5-21_20-16-39.png

GBIC - This one is new to me but I've heard good things and their portfolio shows that.

upload_2018-5-21_20-27-34.png

Only downside is VCs are taking over ICOs. Loads of projects are being sold out privately because not only can VCs provide lots of money early on but they can also be strategic partners.
As said in the video, they can help with the whitepaper and marketing for a massive discount in the token price and that's what Hashed did for ICON and look at where ICON is now.
Not only that but ICO's are hard because of distribution and in the case of ERC-20 tokens, you need Gas to cover the distribution which is also money. Then there's regulations and opposition from governments as we know.

Our only hope is the fact that crowdsales build up a community which is a must in the crypto space for loads of obvious reasons.

Still, even if you invest in projects post ICO, they are still helpful when doing research.

Obviously DYOR still applies, don't go all in on projects just because of VC's but use their knowledge and capabilities as a tool.
It's a good idea to follow these VCs on twitter, telegram, medium, reddit etc just to see what they're up to.

Good looking on that info! You're right about all that. Torque capital is one vc I look for. Fenbushi I've known of also. But that's true. Icon is the biggest position for one of those companies. Oh pantera capital it is.

VEN doing a 1:100 VET swap upon mainnet release. 1 VEN = 100 VET . 1 VET right now would be ~0.043

So increases total supply to 87B, not really sure on the circulating supply figures but a simple check looks like 52B. Hard to see VET not having a TRX like run to 0.30, or even an XRP run to $3, long term of course :nerd:

Really love what this project is doing, mainnet can't come soon enough, appears to be a lot in store in terms of enterprise adoption and use cases for this one. PWC and DNV GL investing in them is huge.

Damn! to secure the bag.. gotta drop 10k in a penny coin.. 430 coins vs 3.75B in circulation

Is it too late to get in on this? Been looking into blockchain and considering becoming "certified" in it, definitely going to be the future within the next 5 years.

If you think it'll be the future in 5 years.... doesn't that mean its not too late?

For blockchain, you're correct. However, not too sure about cryptocurrency, the future for it is yet to be determined. Maybe if they can come up with a hybrid method for the security of the ledger, maybe that'll prevent future hacking or at least cut it drastically.

remember when we were making money? lol.

still holding, and putting small amounts into eth every paycheck

Word..... market feels so stagnant. I guess at least it’s not bleeding. I’ve added as much as I’m comfortable with into crypto. Tbh I rather have less but not gonna pull any out until we see some gains

Good looking on that info! You're right about all that. Torque capital is one vc I look for. Fenbushi I've known of also. But that's true. Icon is the biggest position for one of those companies. Oh pantera capital it is.

Oh yes Pantera. Heard about them trying to get into Hypernet.
Their portfolio is also good too.

I need to find out how to get into one of these groups :lol:
Might start going to these blockchain expos just to network and find stuff early.

That feeling when you add a new coin from an ICO to your delta app and you're still below the amount you had yesterday. :smh:

No worries fellas. I expect another leg down and some more bs until the BIG money comes off the sidelines...

Keep stacking, hodl, and be patient

That feeling when you add a new coin from an ICO to your delta app and you're still below the amount you had yesterday. :smh:

I for sure was about to splurge yesterday but I waited.

I'm actually glad that my CB funds just cleared today. Came around at the right time. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom