Official Bitcoin Thread

wow what's moving ID back up?
combination of things but the catalyst was a tiktok shill. now the tg community has stopped fudding and are coming together to do community marketing. my thoughts are unless the company releases something soon though, the movement will lose steam. i also think lots of the people who have held all last year are strong and won’t capitulate at until much higher. one caveat: staking started last year in feb so some big bags are being unstaked next month.

between the ID pump and the rise of atom/juno though, my portfolio is looking happier for a change lol.

For those of you with StrongNodes, does the "pay fee" button work? I keep getting an error.

Looks like "pay all node fees" is working so can use that as a bypass but just wondering if others are seeing similar errors. I only have 1 node BTW.
That was happening to me when I didn’t have enough eth in my MetaMask to pay the fee

Day 2 - January 10, 2022

The Trades:
C57EB903-A555-46D7-B2E7-6B5F001C9E56.jpeg
DD594B67-EB64-4082-B29C-B1D151D52D9B.jpeg
908DC2BB-ABBE-413C-9F33-96BAA7ADAA70.jpeg
E4B1DA19-3CB1-4144-B2D3-4C1FFF23FDBD.jpeg
A0276202-BC2A-4369-B13B-F93C79DC6B96.jpeg
33C758B4-F2C3-411C-BEC9-FE593D233B13.jpeg

Day 2 Results:
-515 (-20)
-413 (-20)

+1441 (-200)
-95 (-20)
-62 -50 (-200)

Daily NET=
Challenge Total:
1140 [previous NET]
+ (-154) [today's NET]
------------
+986

Progress Report
Daily Goals : 986/2000
30 Day Goal : 986/30,000
365 Day Goal : 986/365,000

Day 3 - January 11, 2022

The Trades:
47275EB2-9B3D-4161-A2C8-CDCFB837ACF2.jpeg
E9F08AB7-8EB9-4260-A80B-0F90CCD40368.jpeg
A63C7A67-5E00-4540-B270-E48C5B772285.jpeg

Day 3 Results:
+2917 (-200)
-350 (-200)
-485 (-200)

Daily NET=
+1482
Challenge Total:
+986 [previous NET]
+1482 [today's NET]

------------
+2468

Progress Report
Daily Goals : 2468/3000
30 Day Goal : 2468/30,000
365 Day Goal : 2468/365,000

I've seen some back and forth but NT is always my sounding board for questions like this:

What's the impact of a stable coin from the central bank. Will this impact other stables such as Dai, USDC, and USDT?

I actually have a a considerable amount of crypto in stable coins currently should I plan to switch those over to USDF?

Didnt crypto/ defi start as a means to get away from centralized finance? Wouldn't this be putting power back into that structure?

I actually have a a considerable amount of crypto in stable coins currently should I plan to switch those over to USDF?

In tether, your deposit is backed by Chinese commerical paper

In this US stable coin, your deposit is backed by our banks

Great day for the crypto economy & fintech space

I've seen some back and forth but NT is always my sounding board for questions like this:

What's the impact of a stable coin from the central bank. Will this impact other stables such as Dai, USDC, and USDT?

Didnt crypto/ defi start as a means to get away from centralized finance? Wouldn't this be putting power back into that structure?
Don't use Tether

A central bank stable coin will just be a digital dollar that's backed by the government and vulnerable to the mercy of the printing machine

USDC/DAI are backed by assets pegged to the coin. The biggest risk would be if a banking license was needed (which isn't a big deal for USDC Circle will just buy a regional bank), or if the US dollar turns to **** since theyre backed by fiat.

I personally wouldn't worry, I think this legitimizes things if anything.

D Double D Double jic you were scratching your head, it’s from more tiktok and twitter shilling plus renewed speculation of an ftx listing.

2E0FEEE4-6D8D-4B17-A025-98D1547F14F6.jpeg

combination of things but the catalyst was a tiktok shill. now the tg community has stopped fudding and are coming together to do community marketing. my thoughts are unless the company releases something soon though, the movement will lose steam. i also think lots of the people who have held all last year are strong and won’t capitulate at until much higher. one caveat: staking started last year in feb so some big bags are being unstaked next month.

between the ID pump and the rise of atom/juno though, my portfolio is looking happier for a change lol.

And here I was thinking it was a response to the 400K needed to run a node. I thought people were filling their bags in anticipation for that :lol:
Where are these Tik Tok Shills, I need to scan the Telegram chat to see them. I'll take it as progress though, can't say no to extra marketing.

Good looks on the staking timing. Will wait for a pullback and DCA accordingly.
I finally got round to reading the December update and I'm bullish as ever. Communication definitely is one of the strongest point for this project.

Algorithmic stable coins like DAI and UST will probably benefit.
USDC should be fine. I believe that will co-exist with a CBDC once regulations are sorted out. Tether is the one that's a ticking time bomb so I would convert that to USDC if you have any.

I personally wouldn't switch stables to a USDF unless there's no other choice. No one overseas will touch it either knowing that it's government controlled as opposed to a private company. Some people don't even touch USDC because Circle has the power to freeze accounts so they consider that too centralised.

China is already showing some of the dystopian like features that a CBDC can present even though there are some good features too.
Also the integration won't be nearly as good since stables are in every corner of crypto and Defi whilst I think a USDF might be a bit more limited.

Last edited:
Where are these Tik Tok Shills, I need to scan the Telegram chat to see them. I'll take it as progress though, can't say no to extra marketing.
so much HYPErbole. i can barely watch this. i don't like this stuff. the more i dig into crypto, the more i see the importance of DYOR and that research should weigh CT and other social media shilling more as an indicator for community strength and not so much a source of tech alpha. took me a bit, but i'm catching on. this same guy also got the price of vectorspace to pump and thankfully, i used that to swap a bunch out before a horrible dump.

so much HYPErbole. i can barely watch this. i don't like this stuff. the more i dig into crypto, the more i see the importance of DYOR and that research should weigh CT and other social media shilling more as an indicator for community strength and not so much a source of tech alpha. took me a bit, but i'm catching on. this same guy also got the price of vectorspace to pump and thankfully, i used that to swap a bunch out before a horrible dump.

300K followers and that seems to be one of his most viewed videos. Shame I can't read comments since I don't heva an account but yea that will definitely pump it up but like you said it won't be sustained until real news from the project comes out.

Depending on how this recovery bounce goes, I might just stick to building up a cash reserve and waiting for the next correction in most projects

Back
Top Bottom