Official Bitcoin Thread

Luna is very different to your traditional layer 1 which is why you had people making 10 Million dollar bets over the very existence of the coin.

Solana and Avax don't have a setup that can make them die in 48 hours like that. What could happen is them not surviving the next bear market. Coins like EOS and NEO come to mind but the current L1's are on a different level.

I'm not really in Avax, only have a stake in Thor but the TVL is high and they have a big community. The inflation worries me though.
With Solana, they're at that stage where they have good TVL without temporary inflated yields in DeFi to attract people. They also have the 2nd biggest NFT community. Momentum for both coins are high

These coins make more gains than BTC and ETH so when alt season kicks off so the play could be to invest in them, take profits and roll them into BTC, ETH and stables and have a good ratio between them all so if one dies, at least its not taking you out since you're mainly in coins that have stood the test of time.

Biggest takeaway from all this is taking profits, rebalancing your portfolio and always having a good chunk in stables.

stables other than UST

Just paid all my node fees and made another one, cost me pretty much half of what I’m making per month 🥴
I have another node due next week or so too

:smh: thieves

DAAF8816-2E78-4D9C-9705-DF41C1BE7E23.jpeg

So looking more into tether, much of it is speculation about what tether is actually backed with. Is this a concern to any of you? :nerd: Lots of what I've read is a bit tin foily but given what happen with UST, I'm ready to hear it all
USDT market cap is $79B! If there is a bank run, I'd bet the house that they do NOT have $79B in USD in their reserves. They audit themselves. It is a ponzi scheme/criminal organization.

On another note, this guy on reddit literally called this LUNA crash to an exact T back in January and no one listened. Greed is a helluva drug!

Went to Reddit and saw dudes taking about ending their life and wanted to make sure no one here was on that level
I'm up $9k from yesterday so instead of being down $123k since November, it's now $114k. I've taken bigger Ls and gotten through and it isn't all my money so I'll be OK. You gotta be built for this type sht. I'd be lying though if I said it doesn't hurt a bit and if I said I don't feel stupid asf for allowing so much gains to be unrealized. That said, offing myself is not an option. Too many ppl depend on me plus I love myself too much. Money comes and goes. Time on this earth only goes. It'll get better fellas. Hold it down! ✊🏾

I’m not down six figures or even close to it. But I’m just like I’d of rather had a down payment on a house right about now, paid off all my debt besides a house a whole or even a damn Ducati. Anything but watching it evaporate into nothing on **** projects. :lol:

Lessons learned, I probably over invested and went back to work luckily when everything went to zero or else I’d be selling at a loss.

I still haven't bought any NFTs. I don't wanna waste any money and I honestly don't know which ones to buy. At least ones that don't already cost a Fn fortune.

So BTC and ETH on the dip.

Anyone still trusting in Avax or Sol? What happened to Luna scaring me for alts.

Solana and Avalanche are still good L1s. They are vastly different than Terra was, and the mechanics of what happened there can't happen on SOL/AVAX. I'm less bullish (and less invested) on Avalanche because in a down market I'm not sure how much ground it can gain on Ethereum if/when they ship ETH 2.0.

Solana offers different tech and as such different pros/cons/use cases vs Ethereum. But over the past 6 or so months we saw that Solana isn't quite ready for prime time. The chain was halted a couple of times and slowed to a crawl countless others due to botting. It was great battle testing though so hopefully the devs can continue to improve.

UST is an algorithmic stablecoin on the Terra blockchain. Deposit into Anchor protocol for ~20% APY. Couldn't be any easier although the risk most people cite is that it hasn't been 'battled tested' (and depegging).

If you wanna go with Celsius, the best bet is to use Gemini and buy/transfer GUSD to Celsius from there imo. Gemini gives you 10 free withdrawals per month. If you're copping USDC on Coinbase for example, you'll get hit over the head with ERC20 withdrawal fees.

There is also liquidity providing in DeFi protocols. This sounds more complicated than it is. But you can make some very nice % in DeFi. Some places upwards of 30% at times for stablecoin pairs.. EDIT to add to this: You need to be ready to be on the move in DeFi. Whether it's because there's a better opportunity somewhere else, or shenanigans.

EDIT: Some things to note... Algorithmic vs centralized stablecoins...

Algorithmic coins all have different mechanisms of maintaining their peg to the USD. There's a real risk in coins losing their peg (see Iron Finance on the Polygon network a couple of months ago). Try looking for more established algo stables (UST and DAI fit the bill).

Whereas centralized stablecoins (USDC, USDT, GUSD, etc) are typically backed by actual US dollars (USDC) or USD + equities (USDT). You give the company x dollars and they issue x stablecoins in return.

There's also not much censorship resistance with centralized stables. Tether thinks you're up to something funny with your USDT? They can freeze/blacklist your coins/wallet address.

Lots of layers to the stablecoin market, always dyor.

Old post of mine from August on different types of stablecoins is worth sharing again. Bit of foreshadowing there on UST :smh:.

I have a pretty big bag of SOL, but I'm losing faith in it. It has shut down due to attacks like 7 times over the last year or 2. I'm convinced it's definitely no ethereum killer and it's only still running on faith. I'm getting out tbh and putting that back into eth.

with this crash taking like 7 days why didn’t people who were losing a ton pull out? I’m still new with a lot of this but I see people said they couldn’t because it was “staked” for a certain amount of days?

with this crash taking like 7 days why didn’t people who were losing a ton pull out? I’m still new with a lot of this but I see people said they couldn’t because it was “staked” for a certain amount of days?

Blind faith of a recovery for the most part.

Even with your funds staked, acting as collateral you could still access them pretty much instantly if you wanted to.

What’s your ROI on them in the last 5 years?

x10 in the last 2.5 yrs and that's with getting rekt on a couple occasions and terrible profit taking management.

But that's besides the point... I could be x1000 or flat broke.

If you give me the option of BTC vs the field I'm taking the field. And for the record I hold BTC.

stables other than UST

That's an unstable coin at this point.

I have a pretty big bag of SOL, but I'm losing faith in it. It has shut down due to attacks like 7 times over the last year or 2. I'm convinced it's definitely no ethereum killer and it's only still running on faith. I'm getting out tbh and putting that back into eth.

They're not even attacks on the network, it's just people using bots to try and mint NFTs or tickets for IDOs.

To me it's no different to what happened with the Bored Ape Land sale. The only difference is one made you pay thousands in gas fee to get into a block early and the other just accepted too many transactions which clogged up the system. The only reason the term ETH killer exists is because ETH has it's own problems too but we accept it because it came first and is built like a tank.

I wouldn't be scared of L1's because of what happened to Luna. If anything the fact that Solana has had outages and is still seeing massive adoption and growth is a good sign. That first 18 hour outage had me shook :lol:

That being said though, its nothing to take for granted. I've got a bag as well because I know it will probably outpeform ETH in percentage terms the same way ETH outperforms BTC. I just need to remember to take profits and rebalance whenever the next alt season is.

Some folks always like to come out from hiding to say "see I told you so" when something like Luna happens.

If people had bought a couple of dips a few days ago, they're looking at 30 - 50 percent gains this week on their money.

I'm personally moving more towards traditional finance for extra income, but I ain't running scared from still taking some risk in crypto. Really need to just manage things a little better.

Seeing the entitlement some people have in the crypto space makes me so weary of it. Even if I believe in it. (This thread is so damn refreshing in comparison to the other **** you see)

Kind of the look around the room idea.

The Bros who assume they can’t be rugged then basically ***** that so and so owes them money when they were rugged is such a bad look.

Back
Top Bottom