...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

http://tradeup.blackberry.com

eek.gif
$125 for my bb9780??? lol you gooooood....
indifferent.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by nauthewmon

Originally Posted by JRThumper85

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

But what can it do tho?

Phone looks dope but with these wild android phones dropping this year? I mean, the specs aren't really.................

The phone looks nice tho but what else about is gonna bring more people back to BB? No hate, just a honest observation.
I guess it all depends on what you need it for. I use my for business before anything and this looks promising. I still want an iPhone 5 for the games, apps, etc but it comes down to it i rather just get an iTouch and get this bold. Who knows though. Its always the same story with me.

When does this drop?

THIS.
The iPhone sucks as a telephone. Imma sound redundant but the main reason people get the iPhone is for the games & apps. You never hear someone say "oh, imma get the iPhone cuz its a good telephone!"
This is the reason most get cell phones rather it be apps, features of the phone, word of mouth, etc.  Is the average consumer really concerned about voice clarity these days?

Originally Posted by ISRAEL5EKLA

anybody know when the blackberry torch is coming to sprint. been on the lookout for a minute
Its not but theyll prolly get another bold in the summer, maybe a touchscreen.

damn i coulda sworn i saw on a couple websites where it has it coming out in fall

having trouble playing my blackberry bold in my car stereo.... im trying to use the aux cable but its not working

Im still rockin an OG bold (9000) and its on its last leg. honestly I'm holding out for the next iphone or the latest and greatest android htc phone around that time. I dont think BB can compare to all the platforms or the processing power of the other phones. RIM has run its course. Touchscreens are becoming the standard with a 3.5 or 4.3 in screen. its a matter of time until RIM is bought by Apple, hp, or another company for nothing else but the patents alone. for all you bbmers that are afraid to leave, Apple has the Imessage on the ios5 which is the same thing

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Blackberry phones should just run Android....only way they survive...

The corporate accounts are basically the only reason Blackberry is alive. Android poses too much of a security risk for corporate users

damn in talk of this new touchscreen BOLD dropping/that dropped?

i guess more info is getting released 2morro tmo...price is looking crazy tho...

I saw somebody, today, with that new touch screen Bold. I can't say I was very impressed. Outside of work, hardly anybody I know has a Blackberry any more.

I checked out the new Bold Touch 9930 at a Verizon store today. It's a really solid phone. The downsides are the camera (no autofocus), the apps (many high profile apps still aren't updated for OS 7), and memory (still get certain amount of RAM designated towards apps, around 180mb). If there was a better camera, and better support for apps I would seriously consider one. Unfortunately, I doubt the latter will happen and the former is a hardware issue so that definitely won't happen.

I'm in the UK, and have hada 9900 as an upgrade to my 9000 for about a week now. BBM still kills it for me, and even after me hating touchscreen for a long time, I'm actually using the 9900 touchscreen in conjunction with the trackpad and the full keypad, makes a LOT of things smooth and fast. Phone call qualityis amazing, and when playing media, the single speaker is not quite as good as the dual speakers on the 9000, but it's still pretty damn decent.

Messaging (via e-mails, SMS, and anything else you can think of) is still as accessible, fast, and slick as you like. Without much experience of I-phones or Androids, I actually can not think of any way that they could be more straightforwards to contact people with...

Regarding apps, I would agree with what Hizzle wrote above, but they will come over time, but you don't buy a BB for the apps.....

Camera is not anywhere near as bad as people may think, it is true that there is no Auto-focus, but there's something in there called Continuos Focus, which mades for some reasonable images, and the 720p video camera is decent enough as well. If you really need a fantastic camera, buy a camera, don't use a phone.

If anyone has any questions, fire away.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Blackberry phones should just run Android....only way they survive...

they'll be running android apps next year with their QNX. too bad it cant be added to previous bbs like the 9900 thats barely coming out 

Had my 9930 since RD and haven't had an issue with it.

Some phones gonna have bugs, some aren't. That comes with every phone you buy.

Back
Top Bottom