OFFICIAL: BOSTON BRUINS 2011 STANLEY CUP CHAMPS!!!

Today was a good night to stay in and watch hockey.

Bobby Ryan's goal was just too nasty.  
sick.gif

Can't wait to see the Penguins/Lightning game in the afternoon. 

Can't forget my beloved Bruins. 
pimp.gif

Today was a good night to stay in and watch hockey.

Bobby Ryan's goal was just too nasty.  
sick.gif

Can't wait to see the Penguins/Lightning game in the afternoon. 

Can't forget my beloved Bruins. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by kash55

Canucks just did not show up. What is so puzzling is that these are the same teams from Games 1 and 2. How can things change to dramatically in a few days. Crazy.

*sigh*.....the life of a hockey fan.
Two more games to put together a reasonable 60 minutes.
Everyone (meaning my friends/certain media outlets in Canada) keeps throwing Luongo under the bus for the past two games, when he was the last thing I was worried about. The Sedins are watching plays develop as opposed to creating them. Bolland is a great shutdown centerman, but I refuse to believe one player caused this large a collapse.

Originally Posted by kash55

Canucks just did not show up. What is so puzzling is that these are the same teams from Games 1 and 2. How can things change to dramatically in a few days. Crazy.

*sigh*.....the life of a hockey fan.
Two more games to put together a reasonable 60 minutes.
Everyone (meaning my friends/certain media outlets in Canada) keeps throwing Luongo under the bus for the past two games, when he was the last thing I was worried about. The Sedins are watching plays develop as opposed to creating them. Bolland is a great shutdown centerman, but I refuse to believe one player caused this large a collapse.

came home to find out ducks lose,
frown.gif

but yeah, that Ryan goal was sick. dude's always been doing that, favorite one was his first hat trick against the Kings
sick.gif
pimp.gif

came home to find out ducks lose,
frown.gif

but yeah, that Ryan goal was sick. dude's always been doing that, favorite one was his first hat trick against the Kings
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Wow that was so heartbreaking!
frown.gif
mad.gif
Especially after I was flipping out seeing Bobby's goal. (Five rows up
pimp.gif
)

Emery should have had that Weber goal, and Brookbank and Sbisa on the ice together in OT.
indifferent.gif

Oh well, they HAVE TO come out firing Sunday.

Wow that was so heartbreaking!
frown.gif
mad.gif
Especially after I was flipping out seeing Bobby's goal. (Five rows up
pimp.gif
)

Emery should have had that Weber goal, and Brookbank and Sbisa on the ice together in OT.
indifferent.gif

Oh well, they HAVE TO come out firing Sunday.

eek.gif
@ Bobby Ryan's goal....honestly, that's one of the top 2/3 goals I've seen in the past 10 years or so....TOO sick.

eek.gif
@ Bobby Ryan's goal....honestly, that's one of the top 2/3 goals I've seen in the past 10 years or so....TOO sick.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Wings' Henrik Zetterberg, Johan Franzen will play in second round[/h1][h4]Ted Kulfan / The Detroit News[/h4]
Detroit-- For Henrik Zetterberg and Johan Franzen, just like all the Red Wings, it's just a matter of waiting now.

Whenever the second round of the playoffs begin, Zetterberg and Franzen will be ready to play.

Zetterberg said he'll be ready to dress after Friday's practice, and coach Mike Babcock confirmed it, as the Wings completed a brisk workout before taking the rest of the weekend off.

"I'm feeling better than yesterday, and that's all I can ask for," said Zetterberg, who missed the entire first-round sweep of Phoenix because of a left knee sprain. "As long as it goes that way, it'll be good."

Franzen (sore ankle), who didn't play in Wednesday's deciding game against Phoenix, didn't practice but Babcock said Franzen will be ready to go for the next round.

"We'll give him as much time as (needed) to make sure he's feeling good," Babcock said. "I'm not one bit concerned."

The time off afforded the Wings because of sweeping Phoenix is a huge benefit, Babcock said.

"Absolutely 100 percent the rest is a benefit," Babcock said. "The other option is having your defensemen run (in games). The chance of getting through healthy if you keep playing is slim, so this is much better."

Chris Osgood (sports hernia) said a decision will be made next week as to whether he'll dress and back up Jimmy Howard. Joey MacDonald has been backing up Howard with Osgood rehabilitating.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/articl...ORTS0103/104220415/Wings’-Henrik-Zetterberg--Johan-Franzen-will-play-in-second-round#ixzz1KMTIn8Dz

The quick handling of the Yotes is going to pay off for this club. I'm already itching for our next round to start
nerd.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Wings' Henrik Zetterberg, Johan Franzen will play in second round[/h1][h4]Ted Kulfan / The Detroit News[/h4]
Detroit-- For Henrik Zetterberg and Johan Franzen, just like all the Red Wings, it's just a matter of waiting now.

Whenever the second round of the playoffs begin, Zetterberg and Franzen will be ready to play.

Zetterberg said he'll be ready to dress after Friday's practice, and coach Mike Babcock confirmed it, as the Wings completed a brisk workout before taking the rest of the weekend off.

"I'm feeling better than yesterday, and that's all I can ask for," said Zetterberg, who missed the entire first-round sweep of Phoenix because of a left knee sprain. "As long as it goes that way, it'll be good."

Franzen (sore ankle), who didn't play in Wednesday's deciding game against Phoenix, didn't practice but Babcock said Franzen will be ready to go for the next round.

"We'll give him as much time as (needed) to make sure he's feeling good," Babcock said. "I'm not one bit concerned."

The time off afforded the Wings because of sweeping Phoenix is a huge benefit, Babcock said.

"Absolutely 100 percent the rest is a benefit," Babcock said. "The other option is having your defensemen run (in games). The chance of getting through healthy if you keep playing is slim, so this is much better."

Chris Osgood (sports hernia) said a decision will be made next week as to whether he'll dress and back up Jimmy Howard. Joey MacDonald has been backing up Howard with Osgood rehabilitating.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/articl...ORTS0103/104220415/Wings’-Henrik-Zetterberg--Johan-Franzen-will-play-in-second-round#ixzz1KMTIn8Dz

The quick handling of the Yotes is going to pay off for this club. I'm already itching for our next round to start
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom