***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

So why can't the artist with the "IT" factor walk into the board room at Sprite or Target and get them to hand over a check? 

If my glow is why people are attracted to me and the internet gives me the ability to establish a direct-to-consumer relationship, why do I need a middle man between me and anyone who wants to give me money to promote their product? 

The only reason I could think of is, is that that middle man probably has a certain accumen, and certain relationships that the artist may not possess but I agree with this for the most part

i Like that Joe sticks to the old values of rap, i understand things changing but we can't act as if everything about the culture should be erased because some kids like things a certain way.

Kids today gonna be doing the same thing 10-15 years from now when they start feeling outta touch

Pharaoh Monche said when they came on the scene in the 80s w Organized Konfusion people said they were the reason Hip Hop was getting ****** up.

Said _'s told them Hip Hop used to be fun with the "Wave your hands in the sky" type **** and they wanted to know why they put so many words in the bars

Imagine that :lol:

Last edited:
Kids today gonna be doing the same thing 10-15 years from now when they start feeling outta touch

Pharaoh Monche said when they came on the scene in the 80s w Organized Konfusion people said they were the reason Hip Hop was getting ****** up.

Said _'s told them Hip Hop used to be fun with the "Wave your hands in the sky" type **** and they wanted to know why they put so many words in the bars

Imagine that
laugh.gif
smh...

now its reverting back to da primordial ooze...

that kind of hip hop always existed but there's never been an era in hip hop until now where the fans will tell you it's okay for a rapper to not be able to rap, that hip hop isn't competitive, that being non original and copying someones style is cool. It wasn't until recently that these sort of ideas seem to be gaining more and more steam. I'm not saying Yachty's music doesn't have a place but i'm sick of this narrative that people who actually care about the quality of their rap music is bitter or stuck in old ways.

I can't stress enough how bad i wish people would completely put certain kinds of music in another genre completely. what a yachty fan is looking for when they want to hear that music isn't really rap at this point. And yet a lot of the criticism and arguments come because it's marketed as something that it isn't.

So why can't the artist with the "IT" factor walk into the board room at Sprite or Target and get them to hand over a check? 

If my glow is why people are attracted to me and the internet gives me the ability to establish a direct-to-consumer relationship, why do I need a middle man between me and anyone who wants to give me money to promote their product? 

The only reason I could think of is, is that that middle man probably has a certain accumen, and certain relationships that the artist may not possess but I agree with this for the most part

Artists don't do these things alone. Artist with an "IT" factor at some point will connect with a manager who should be able to help them navigate all of this.

I didn't want to open it up again, but this is the convo we have about Chance all the time on here. He's got a network that he can use to do anything a label would for him.

that kind of hip hop always existed but there's never been an era in hip hop until now where the fans will tell you it's okay for a rapper to not be able to rap, that hip hop isn't competitive, that being non original and copying someones style is cool. It wasn't until recently that these sort of ideas seem to be gaining more and more steam. I'm not saying Yachty's music doesn't have a place but i'm sick of this narrative that people who actually care about the quality of their rap music is bitter or stuck in old ways.

I can't stress enough how bad i wish people would completely put certain kinds of music in another genre completely. what a yachty fan is looking for when they want to hear that music isn't really rap at this point. And yet a lot of the criticism and arguments come because it's marketed as something that it isn't.

Agree 100%

Whenever you bring this type of stuff up to the newer hip hop generation, they quickly dismiss it and resort to their favorite term "old head".

You must not have watched her interview. She said Destiny was like 8 or 9 when Jay said that...lol

She did say in the latest installment of the interview that Nas won the battle but Jay won the war since he signed with him. Personally I think that logic is ridiculous but whatever. Ain't like Nas signed to Rocafella. Now that would have been an automatic L. Plus they were on good terms by then.

Hov really bust on that man baby seat :smh:

She was real foul man. Like all of that **** was true.

Even the part about Hov being insecure :smh: Smh.

And **** Vlad for digging up old wounds. In another video...she clearly didn't want to revisit them Camron lines...and this **** n_a Vlad goes and looks them up and recites them back to her.

You must not have watched her interview. She said Destiny was like 8 or 9 when Jay said that...lol

She did say in the latest installment of the interview that Nas won the battle but Jay won the war since he signed with him. Personally I think that logic is ridiculous but whatever. Ain't like Nas signed to Rocafella. Now that would have been an automatic L. Plus they were on good terms by then.

Nah. She was talking about the cam line which was later.

Shorty said she was ***** Hov back when reasonable doubt droppped. That's 96. Nas daughter would've been like 2....:x :smh:

Carmen look good though. She a year older than Nas.

Carmen look like she got that fye, crazy bish box :smh:.

Last edited:
I mean at this point, she has absolutely nothing to gain from lying about it...lol She said Jay was never inside any of their vehicles and that Super Ugly was him being insecure/emotional.

^ Not really.

I mean, he's cool... but not someone I listen to often. But I respect him for handling it the way he did w/o losing his cool.

I don't dislike Budden either, but he seemed like he was fishing for stuff to get loud about.

Clearly Yachty don't know or care about Hip Hop culture. :lol: Dude is basically what he seems like. A weirdo that never got girls or anything, now he does and that's why he's in it.

Agree 100%

Whenever you bring this type of stuff up to the newer hip hop generation, they quickly dismiss it and resort to their favorite term "old head".

they categorizing it as mumble rap, that's a start.

Back
Top Bottom