Official CAR AUDIO Thread FAQ added

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Originally Posted by TheGr8BlkHope

i got a new deck for xmas (just have a stock one in now) and i took it to BBY (i know, i know) and dude told me that my car requires a special wiring harness (i have 08 grand prix) that costs $100 instead of the standard $20 or so. is he trying to get over on me?
he might be right

your factory system is bose right ?

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

^ info?

me?

yep

Originally Posted by zichardruniga

embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

being real bored...smh

old deck, btw

mmn, recommend me a decent pair of tweets, looking to drop 2 to 3 on a pair
what are you using to control them

Originally Posted by TheGr8BlkHope

i got a new deck for xmas (just have a stock one in now) and i took it to BBY (i know, i know) and dude told me that my car requires a special wiring harness (i have 08 grand prix) that costs $100 instead of the standard $20 or so. is he trying to get over on me?
he might be right

your factory system is bose right ?

^ info?

me?

yep

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]HYBRID AUDIO TECHNOLOGIES LEGATIA L8 SPEAKERS[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8.5" Midbass / Subwoofer speaker set[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Legatia[emoji]8482[/emoji] L8 is a 215mm (8.5-inch) subwoofer/midwoofer driver to compliment a dedicatedthree-way or four-way front stage system design. Like the Legatia[emoji]8482[/emoji] L6 midbass, the Legatia[emoji]8482[/emoji]L8 is a cone-type driver consisting of a treated pressed paper diaphragm with low moving massfor fast, transient response. The cone design offers a wide dispersion pattern to make forflexible installation and speaker location. However, because of this driver’s specific designfunction as a subwoofer and midwoofer in expanded three- and four-way designs, its bandwidthwas purposely left more limited than that of its smaller siblings. However, some may endeavorto incorporate the L8 into a strict two-way design with a large-format tweeter placed close tothe same location as the L8, or used in concert with the wide-bandwidth L4 midrange.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Like other Legatia[emoji]8482[/emoji] midrange and midbass designs, you will find no composite or metal conematerials used on the L8. The purpose for this design philosophy is to ensure a light movingmass cone, and optimized Qms for door, floor-board, and kick panel mounting, to ensuresubbass extension without the need for a sealed enclosure. The light cone further helps tomake the L8 a transiently “fast[/font]

Finished up with nter lebrady23

He'll be going with

Eclipse CD7000
ID comps
MB quart dsc 450
12" incriminator audio lethal injection in 2.5 cubes tuned to 32hz
Elemental Designs nine.1

Alright, Gto my 01 MAx now, so I'm goign to be doing this the RIGHT way(unlike my past ghettofied setups). I'd like to get a decent entry level double Din(prefer used cuz I'm cheap), and two sets of decent comps for the front and rear doors(Phoenix gold RSDs come to mind) don't want to drop more than 150-160 or so for both sets of comps. Amps, well not worried about it because I can easily find cheap 2/4 channel amps locally. Ayyo monday, hit me up on aim

reviews.cnet.com/in-dash.../1707-6729_7-31346545.html

This guy on the link up there mentions a alpine ipod connector that you can control from the deck. Anyone got info on thar or anything else similar?

I need some info on what I need to buy and how I can hook it up so that I can control it from the deck.

Sorry if I sound dumb but I'm a big noob. My first car and my first time doing car audio work.

happy.gif

for all my lowballers tryna get a baby booster set

both for 55 plus shipping!!!

get at me with the pm's!!!

this was my first first first first set up

moved onto better things thanks to this thread

Not really a comment or question about car audio per-say, but does anyone on here have any working knowledge about in-dash computers? I am curious about installing one in my next car. I figure why have a cd/dvd/navi flip screen etc, when i could just have an computer that does all of those things. Saves time on going thru cds, and changing out dvds, also with internet it will be the latest in traffic updates weather conditions, road changes etc.

Not really a comment or question about car audio per-say, but does anyone on here have any working knowledge about in-dash computers? I am curious about installing one in my next car. I figure why have a cd/dvd/navi flip screen etc, when i could just have an computer that does all of those things. Saves time on going thru cds, and changing out dvds, also with internet it will be the latest in traffic updates weather conditions, road changes etc.

Originally Posted by krazyl3gz

Monday. I'd probably still run a tweeter with that l4...
really?
frown.gif

the rockford 3sixty only does 2 way + sub so i need a full range i can high pass from 250

Originally Posted by 2o6

reviews.cnet.com/in-dash.../1707-6729_7-31346545.html

This guy on the link up there mentions a alpine ipod connector that you can control from the deck. Anyone got info on thar or anything else similar?

I need some info on what I need to buy and how I can hook it up so that I can control it from the deck.

Sorry if I sound dumb but I'm a big noob. My first car and my first time doing car audio work.
Link doesn't work

what are you tryin' to do

Originally Posted by LDJ

Not worth it to be honest

you'd have to cut up the dash to fit a screen, build the computer, house it somewhere in the trunk..etc etc

Originally Posted by LDJ

you'd have to cut up the dash to fit a screen, build the computer, house it somewhere in the trunk..etc etc
depends on what car he gets he wont need to cut the dash or anything also companies make double din touch screen monitor for CarPC & barebone Mobile PC systems....

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

http://www.fjcruiserforum...89646-carpc-install.html

i do agree tho, it aint worth the time...plus running the wires is
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Still wouldn't do it..

I'm bout to cop an iphone..i wonder if i can stream music from it via bluetooth to the dnx

would be
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

yo! monday what program you using to convert divx into mp4? i got some movie i wanna transfer onto my IPOD CLASS 80gb, but my itune wont read it and transfer it onto my ipod ...i want some movie & music video on my ipod so i can watch it on my DNX
grin.gif

Mmn, what do u mean what am I using o control them?

If ur talking HU , I have a alpine idx-305

if your talking amp , I have a diamond audio p6.700 4 channel run parallel with a pair of 6x9s an the tweets in the dash

if ur asking is what tweets, their kickers, but for some reason I believe u have a reccomdation to blow these out of the water

Originally Posted by i3allistic

Originally Posted by LDJ

depends on what car he gets he wont need to cut the dash or anything also companies make double din touch screen monitor for CarPC & barebone Mobile PC systems....

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

http://www.fjcruiserforum...89646-carpc-install.html

i do agree tho, it aint worth the time...plus running the wires is
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Good looking out and sound advice. Btw im getting a new eddie bauer xlt explorer and it is double din. I basically want navi/the ability to play videos/music without physical disc/radio/weather(usb port would be fine). Another question is i am getting the entertainment package and i notice the vehicles have a flip down screen in the back(my current vehicle dodge aspen has tvs in headrest) Isnt it difficult to drive with a flip-down screen? I mean does the screen get in the way of driving/praking etc...?

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by LDJ

Good looking out and sound advice. Btw im getting a new eddie bauer xlt explorer and it is double din. I basically want navi/the ability to play videos/music without physical disc/radio/weather(usb port would be fine). Another question is i am getting the entertainment package and i notice the vehicles have a flip down screen in the back(my current vehicle dodge aspen has tvs in headrest) Isnt it difficult to drive with a flip-down screen? I mean does the screen get in the way of driving/praking etc...?
you don't need a CarPC for all that then ....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by LDJ

you don't need a CarPC for all that then ....
laugh.gif

What would be the best option? I basically wanna play dvds,music(would like the screen to display artist genre album title)navi,xm radio,weather. Touchscreen/ and or voice commands. My old lady honda accord had all this in the dash, and well i kinda got use to it. Also again i ask if anyone has a flipdown console dvd. Does it interfer/distract your driving abilities?

I've got an Cadillac 03 CTS

Joint has a sub at the top of the trunk. My !%*% used to bump, but doesn't anymore.

I kno next to nothing about car audio systems and my boy suggested getting a new sub.

Any suggestions on what brand to go with or what i should do to get it bumpin again?

Im afraid that if i get a new one put in a different spot that there may be that rattling wenever the bass hits.

I have a premium Bose system btw, if that matters

Back
Top Bottom