Official Cavaliers vs Celtics - Eastern Conference Semis Game 1 Post

Not til Tues, but let the hype begin...
laugh.gif

@

I like the Cavaliers in 7.

If the Joe Johnson could get BOS rattled...I like the King's chances. Not betting against #23 and the Cavs defense. Just need the shooters to knock emdown.

Key matchups: Bron vs Pierce & KG & Ben

pimp.gif

If anyone wants to take a bet, I got the Cavaliers winning the series.

I know the Celts are the favorite to win, but they were taken to 7 games by the Hawks of all teams (according to thestandings, they were the 19th best team in the NBA).

I see King James bringing Celts to another Game 7, but this time the Celtics will be on the losing end.

I might as well post my paypal, you know they wont be taking it.

Hawks had the athleticism and youth on their side (which was the ONLY issue). Cavs don't have either.

- LeBron will be the best player on the floor. This is not debatable.

-The season series was a draw. KG was out one the C's lost...Bron was out one the Cavs lost.

- Celtics need to chose, do they just let Paul/Posey match up with LeBron...or do they need to constantly double. The Celtics have played great team D all yearand rotate as well as any team. However when dealing with LeBron, he's not Joe Johnson. Those rotations better be as quick and sharp as ever. See whatLeBron did in the first half of game 6 against the Wiz to see what can happen when rotations are done slowly. Doc wants to be stubborn and just man up....thoseresults may not fair to well. Or Does Doc play a little zone?

Wally/Gibson/West must hit their shots

Yep...possibly the key to the series. They'll have open looks again.

- Who takes wants the big shot. Umm...seeing KG at the end of Game 6 reaffirmed my doubts surrounding himin the clutch during the playoffs. Paul and KG say Ray is the guy..I don't even think Ray wants that pressure.

- What kind of effort does Ben Wallace give? Z will handle Perkins just fine. Wallace comes out motivated he can do ok against Garnett. This is also up toKG...on whether or not he's passive. To me KG can really impact this series on the interior...however I don't know if he will. Does he want to be inthe paint or shoot 17 footers?

- Cavs can rebound. While they don't have the athleticism and shot blocking ability of the Hawks. They can rebound, and they have to limit Boston'spossessions. I think they will.

-The Hawks length and athleticism did not bother Leon Powe...however I think the Cavs size will. It's all on him coming off the bench, because Big Baby isa fraud and can't play on this level.

- What have Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett done to make anyone think they're post season winners? A conference finals appearance for each? Nothanks....yall aren't clutch.

- They've been playing to prove something all year. Ok, that's great. Now this older group just went 7 games and honestly, at points of that series.They looked old, and even tired at times.

- Mike Brown is not good, Doc Rivers is probably worse. It really is a draw for the most part.

Lastly,

Revert to point #1. It really goes a longer way then people want to admit.

Theres no one on the celtics who can gaurd lebron. Theyre gonna have to double and triple team him the whole game. So if cavs role players hit their shots itsover. I also like how the cavs match up with them defensively.

Wasnt there a bet made from a wiz fan to a cav fan that the wiz were gonna win?

if cavs win the series, 95% of NT will act like basketball geniuses cuz they'll claim they called the upset (but not based on knowledge but based on hatredfor Boston + seeing how Boston had trouble with ATL). if celts win, 95% of NT will blame refs/NBA/stern, say the setup is for the Lakers-Celtics final. it iswhat it is.....

No way the Celtics have the same problems with the Cavs that they did against the Hawks. C's arent loosing one on their home court, and will take one inCleveland. Celtics in 6. Lebron can go for 40 a night and it wont matter.

Cavaliers in 6.

LeBron plays very well against the Celtics. He averaged 32.3 PPG in 3 games this season against them. He always seems to neutralize Paul Pierce.

Back
Top Bottom