Official Cavaliers vs Celtics - Eastern Conference Semis Game 1 Post

i think cavs will come out with a shocker and win game 1 in boston. i dont see the cavs losing to the celts. they have 3 perennial all stars but we have thebest player in the conference on our side and is nearly unstoppable when playing boston. its not 1-5 so like usual, bron WILL get his. Wally/DWest/Gibson/Zwill determine the outcome of the series. i think they are more focused now than theyve ever been. we know the task at hand. lets get it

n30100715_33322747_9057.jpg

i hate both teams with a passion, hope Cavs take it though. Make it a little easier for the Pistons.

the only game these two teams played this season with the current Cleveland roster (big ben, delonte, wally) was a 92-87 win at the garden. Lebron injuredhimself at the end of the first half but came back to score 26. the current cavs roster had only been together for 4 games at that point in the season. thecelts didn;t have cassell and PJ brown yet and tony allen was out. here's the recap from that game:

http://www.nba.com/games/20080227/CLEBOS/recap.html

LeBron Hits 10,000 Point Milestone in Cavs' Loss to Celtics

By JIMMY GOLEN, AP Sports Writer

Posted Feb 28 2008 1:07AM

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Boston 92, Cleveland 87
BOSTON, Feb. 27 (AP) -- LeBron James hit a milestone. The Boston Celtics hit their shots.

Advantage Celtics.

James returned from a first-half ankle injury to score 26 and become the youngest player in NBA history to reach the 10,000 points, but Boston got 22 points from Ray Allen to beat the Cleveland Cavaliers 92-87 on Wednesday night.

"When you have an off-shooting night like this, it's tough to pull a game out,'' said James, whose 7-for-24 shooting sank the Cavs to 38 percent from the floor. "Especially against the best team in the league.''

Kevin Garnett scored 18 points with 11 rebounds to help Boston win its third straight and improve to 2-2 for the season against the defending Eastern Conference champions. The Cavaliers were playing their third game with four new players, including Ben Wallace, acquired in an 11-player, three-team deal at the trading deadline.

"They're so new, we really didn't see them,'' Celtics coach Doc Rivers said. "They're going to be so much better because of that trade.''

Cavaliers coach Mike Brown was ejected with 42 seconds left in the third quarter after he had to be restrained by his assistants while arguing a foul call against James. His star took a shorter break: He sprained his ankle and missed the last 4:24 of the first half, but X-rays were negative and he was back for the start of the second.

"I know my ankle, and tomorrow it's going to be a lot worse,'' James said, expressing the hope he would be ready for Friday's game against Minnesota.

"I've had my share of ankle injuries. The first thing I thought was, 'Not again. Not another one to go down for our team.' We have been hit with the injury bug, the cold bug, guys have been walking around here sick and injured. I didn't want to go down.''

James reached the 10,000-point milestone at 23 years and 59 days, more than a year younger than Kobe Bryant was when he hit the milestone in 2003 (24 years, 193 days). It took James 368 games to do it - the ninth-fastest in league history.

"It doesn't make me happy to do it in a losing effort,'' James said. "To be in the record books is a tribute to my teammates, myself and my family.''

James hit the mark on a dunk that made it 63-54 with 4:54 left in the third quarter. But Boston, which shot 52 percent, quickly extended its lead back to double-digits; after hitting the first two baskets of the fourth quarter to make it 75-66, the Cavs never got closer than 10 points until the final minute.

Delonte West's meaningless 3-pointer for Cleveland at the buzzer counted because of goaltending, making it appear closer than it was.

"We had our hands full (with James), but I thought we did a pretty good job,'' Allen said. "I think we gutted it out.''

James was hurt after driving for a layup when he came down on Paul Pierce's foot. He hobbled off toward the Cavaliers bench and then dropped onto the court in front of the scorer's table with 4:24 left in the first half.

When the whistle blew, Brown and the training staff rushed over to attend to James, while the crowd hushed and the players on both benches looked over to see what was happening. After being looked at on the floor for a few minutes, he limped off to the locker room, favoring his right leg, getting a cheer from the Boston fans.

Boston led 25-16 after one quarter, with 12-5 rebounding edge, then took a 33-18 lead early in the second.

Notes: Celtics guard Tony Allen sat out with a strained right calf. ... Garnett missed the matchup with James on Feb. 5, and James missed the game against Boston on Dec. 2. When both played on Nov. 27, the Cavaliers beat the Celtics in Cleveland 109-104 in overtime. ... The Cavs fell to 15-16 on the road this season, with three wins in their last seven games. ... Rajon Rondo had eight points and eight assists for Boston, which won its sixth straight home game.

i think the series will pretty much come down to something similar. Lebron will single handedly win 1 or 2 games for the Cavs. then he'll have games thathe'll struggle. the question is whether the other cavs can pick up the slack when he has an off night. in the previous 3 times they played, 2 of the gameshad either team missing their main star player. and the first time they played, drew gooden could not be contained. but he's not there anymore. it'llbe interesting.

The series' keys are rebounding and defense, I can't believe nobody is really mentioning this. The Cavs AND the Celtics are both wonderful defensiveteams, but I think we have an edge when it comes to rebounding. Z, Ben, Joe Smith and Andy are bigger and longer than anyone on the Hawks and WILL alter someof Boston's shots, not to mention getting rebounds.

Our guards will HAVE to knock down shots. Z and LeBron run a great pick and roll, which I'm not even worried about with Z's solid jumper. LeBron hasbetter court vision than Joe Johnson and is used to double and triple teams every night to the point where this won't be anything new: he's taller andstronger and won't have any problems finding the open guy. This isn't even debatable. We'll most likely stick LeBron on Ray Allen and Wally onPierce, only because I think Pierce's game emulates Caron Butler's more and Allen is quicker (and Wally, believe it or not, defended against Caron verywell for the majority of the series).

If we come out with the intensity I know we can in Game 1 and jump all over them, I'm taking the Cavs in 6. I don't see Boston winning a game at the Q:trust me when I say Cleveland fans haven't forgotten about last year's ALCS
laugh.gif
The Q is going to be rocking...

Attention belle or outacontrol: Do you guys have any idea when Game 3 in Cleveland would be? I skipped going home for the Wiz games due to schoolwork, but willHAVE to make it home for at least 2 of these. I've heard next Saturday will be Game 3...let me know what you guys hear.

the games here would be:

[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Game 3: BOS at CLE - 8:00 p.m.
Sat. May 10th - Quicken Loans Arena
tv-radio2.gif
TV: ABC
Radio: WTAM 1100
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Game 4: BOS at CLE - 8:00 p.m.
Mon. May 12th - Quicken Loans Arena
tv-radio2.gif
TV: TNT
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Game 6: BOS at CLE- TBD
Fri. May 16th - Quicken Loans Arena
tv-radio2.gif
TV: ESPN, FSN Ohio/WUAB

*If Necessary[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]
game 6 will be the closer when streamers fall from the glorious ceiling of the Q

Celtics in 6 but if the Cavs win game 1 then Cavs in 6.
ohwell.gif
I'mshocked what ATL did.
If the Joe Johnson could get BOS rattled...I like the King's chances. Not betting against #23 and the Cavs defense. Just need the shooters to knock em down.
Agreed.

I have no respect for both teams, I do not have any part of me that likes either of theses teams, and I hope both teams lose every game in triple overtime.

With that said, go Celtics.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

I like the Cavaliers in 7.
If it comes down to a game 7, Boston won't lose at home.

definitely, if cavs have a chance ot win this in 6, then do it. see today;s game, i know it;s the hawks but damn, up by 35 points and you still have 34million in salaries diving for a rolling loose ball. (i think van gundy said 34 or 35 million....
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

I have no respect for both teams, I do not have any part of me that likes either of theses teams, and I hope both teams lose every game in triple overtime.

With that said, go Celtics.

why you so salty?

i dont like the cavs in 7. they have to do it in 6. im never one to doubt my team but why try for 7 when you can get it done in 6. boston will be comingoff 1 day rest (tomorrow) while the cavs have had a little more time to ice the ankles and whatever. i think they HAVE to come out like its a game 7 and getthe W tuesday night game 1. they need 1 in boston at least. the Q will be rockin and I cant wait for the 3 stooges or whatever you wanna call em to come thruand play here.

Joe Johnson gave us problems because we didn't anticipate him killing Ray Allen that bad in their one on one matchup. Lebron, on the other hand, won'tbe sneaking up on anybody. We have one of the best rotating help defenses in the league and Wally, Delonte, and Boobie will have to knock down that shot.It's going to be very tough for the Cavs to get a game at the garden. Very very tough. Their best chance is game one

Can Ben Wallace guard KG? I don't know, but it is the key of the series, in my opinion. And we will kill Wally no matter who he is attempting to defend.Rondo will run laps around Delonte. The guard positions are majorly in favor of Boston.

Celts in 5.

For some reason I think the Celtics much like the Pistons will have an easier time in the 2nd round than the first.

The Ben/Garnett matchup is key...

If Garnett owns him like Jameson did on rebounding, it's not gonna be good

EDIT: ^^
eek.gif
we posted the exact same thought at the exact same time

Cavs in 6. The Cavs are a much different team than the Cavs b/c of King 23. I really felt that the Celts were not hungry in Atlanta and I have confidence thatthe Cavs will win one on the road. You also have to study these match ups. Who really cares for West vs. Rondo seriously. Lebron will have foul trouble againstPierce b/c Stevenson is much different since he is a just a shooter. The Celts really have to exploit the Szcerbiak match up much better than the Wiz did withButler (except for Game 5) I do not believe Garnett will have a 25+ game in this series and Z has to really take Perk away from the basket. The Cavs bench willcome through in this series and the Celts will not prevail. I just think Lebron will find a way to get past the Celts and send the hype packin.

I wanna see Detroit/Boston in the ECF rather than Cavs/Pistons

so i guess ill go with Boston, but I want it to go 7

Originally Posted by MJKIDD2345

Celtics in 6 if they could win a game in cleveland.

if they can win a game in cleveland, it will be in 5.
For some reason I think the Celtics much like the Pistons will have an easier time in the 2nd round than the first.
well for detroit, they really were just taking it easy in games 1-3. chauncey even admitted that philly had been playing at a higher intensityentering the series whereas detroit were just taking ti easy. i think for thee celtics, the, 2 blowout wins in games 1 and 2 had them taking it easy as well somuch that all of a sudden, when atlanta started to play, celts were caught deer in headlights. but now, i'd be suprised if the celts don;t maintain thatintensity into cleveland on friday.

Back
Top Bottom