Official Celtics vs Raptors Thread Sun Jan11

huge game for the raptors if they can beat the celtics, will be a vital point for a team trying to turn its season around.

the game also marks the return of jose calderon back into the lineup. cant afford to lose this home game!

2 straight losses for the Raps coming up.

Edit: I just checked the boxscore...Ray Allen 5/5 from downtown in the 1st quarter
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

2 straight losses for the Raps coming up.

Edit: I just checked the boxscore...Ray Allen 5/5 from downtown in the 1st quarter
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
eyes.gif
that elite perimeter defense of ours

have a feeling we're gonna get owned in the paint today..again

is jose starting or coming off the bench?

he really needs to get everyone involved to give the raps a chance to win.

comon raps halftime score aint looking too good

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by goofy08

calderon with a bad hamstring =
images

Can we get an excuse for average guards blowing by him when he's healthy, then?
I think your wrong, Calderon is fine defensively...and in this day an age 1 on 1 defense isn't as important as the defensive system you run. Ask the celtics untill Peirce and Allen started playing in Tom Thibaduea system we never EVER thought of them as defensive players.

allright with 4:40 left in the 3rd this game is a wrap. i dont see the raps getting into it from being down by 20

i was really hoping bosh would have a good game against KG but thats not to be

edit: live and die by the J. raps shooting 32%
sick.gif
we uber suck in scoringin the paint

joeeeeeeeeeey with the BLOCK!!!
eek.gif
and bosh with the thunderous cram withKG in his face!!!

what is happening

Well at least we got the W but what a horrible way to close out the game.

smh.gif
at the Celts effort in the 4th.

Also, Chris Bosh needs to stop telling fans what to do and focus on confronting his fear of KG.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

I think your wrong, Calderon is fine defensively...and in this day an age 1 on 1 defense isn't as important as the defensive system you run. Ask the celtics untill Peirce and Allen started playing in Tom Thibaduea system we never EVER thought of them as defensive players.
Pierce & Allen's defensive efforts may have not been recognized until they arrived in Boston, but they were never regarded as belowaverage defenders who can't keep an offensive player with the ball in front of them.

I definitely disagree with you that "in this day & age 1 on 1 defense isn't as important as the defensive system you run". If you can'tkeep the ball in front of you it doesn't matter how good your defensive system is, you're going to have to scramble after penetration and try to rotatein time to open shooters... word to Rondo's first 5 assists in the first quarter. Anybody who's played at a high level knows that if you can't stoppenetration, then you're going to be in tough every night.

That's the thing Calderon's defense has never been mentioned until this year where he has been plagued by a hamstring injury.

Back
Top Bottom