Official Celts vs Cavs - Game IV - 8pm on TNT edit: Celtics petitioning to wear home whites?!?!

Monday, May 12, 2008 8:17 am EDT
[h4]Celtics trying to create a home away from home[/h4]

ept_sports_rumors-645149192-1176138426.jpg

Getty Images

The Boston Celtics' braintrust stayed up past midnight after the Saturday night massacre at the Q. Wyc Grousbeck, Steve Pagliuca, Danny Ainge, Doc Rivers, and Jo Jo White plotted deep into Sunday morning and came up with a plan they think will solve the team's postseason road woes. Home away from home. It's not reality, of course. It's not even virtual reality. It's the concept of a virtual Boston Garden right here in Cleveland according to the Boston Globe.

It starts in the team hotel. After Saturday night's loss, Celtics brass rigged and wired the team's hotel headquarters to simulate Boston. This morning, a copy of the Boston Globe will be set outside each player's room. If Kevin Garnett flips on his clock radio, he'll hear Glenn Ordway and friends screaming over each other on "The Big Show." If Paul Pierce clicks on his TV, he'll see Hazel Mae at the NESN sports desk. If Ray Allen orders room service, he'll get a bowl of Legal Seafoods clam chowder.

Start with the uniforms. After Saturday night's blowout, the Celtics petitioned commissioner David Stern to wear white jerseys at every game. Stern, who desperately wants the Celtics to play the Lakers in the NBA Finals, quickly agreed. So the Celtics will don white jersey tops when they dress for tonight's game. The Cavaliers are required to wear red or blue. When the players look outside their dressing room, they'll see the Celtic Dancers, stretching in the hallway underneath the stands at the Q. They'll see Lucky the Leprechaun assembling his props for the evening's entertainment.

Source: Boston Globe

Articlehttp://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/...lt=Apt7j8n4kXAdAcvMuw3Qwsy8vLYF?urn=nba,81928http://
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2008/05/12/home_cooking_up/

KG called game 3 an "adjustment game"...

Cavs could easily be up 2-1, but it is what it is.

Cavs by 2 in a crucial game 4

Nice avy
laugh.gif

This is close to a must win for the Celt's confidence. I'm hoping for a 12-15 point difference.

Row 7 Section 110 for me. About damn time I get to another game, haven't been to the Q since January.

Cavs by <5 in a nailbiter.

cavs by 7, boston needs to get their act right on offense, i dont want to see kendrick perkins calling for the ball down low

Boston is going to come back harder than they played in Game 3, so it all depends on Lebron. If he plays well and hits his shots, then I think Cleveland willwin, if he doesn't, Boston will win.

Cleveland by 3

Celtics gotta win a damn game on the road. No way I can predict the outcome though...hopefully the C's get that W...

I was thinking the same in that LeBron needs to/will have a big game in the 40+ point range. I think he's due, and he realizes how big this game is for therest of the series. That said, I can see him going for 41, 7, 5 tomorrow.

I have a feeling LeBron is going back to his old self for game 4 and is going to put on a show. With that being said. Cavs by 15
smile.gif

I'm done making predictions with this series. Who would have guessed that LeBron could be the wildcard.

Like I said before Game 3...
Celtics have not shown the metal to win on the road ( and because they have home court they dont have to)

Cavs by 10 on a late game rally....

As far as Bron.. still dont think he is on track percentage wise.....Another game 3 for him ( defense, assists, picking spots to shoot)
21-7-7

Mike Brown... dump the ball into 'Z" UNTIL THE CELTICS CAN STOP HIM!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom