Official Chicago Bulls Offseason Thread

Well, I knew this series wasnt going to be as easy as all these people though it would be. Derrick had a poor game. Atlanta got hot at the right time, but thats what they do. Must win game 2 on Wed.

Originally Posted by StreetPharmacist

Well hey that was pretty neat

what's up guys?
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Not much...long day today. I'm probably about to get something to eat. 
Welcome to the thread though, always happy to see another Bulls fan. 
pimp.gif

^ I have a good feeling that the Bulls will win on Wednesday. Thibs will get in their behinds about letting up on D in the 4th quarter. Let;'s not forget this is the team that hasnt lost 2 games all season long. They're excellent self motivators. After their last loss, the Bulls won the next game by 27.

Lack of energy killed us in the first half..funny, I can't even really blame Bogans for that.

Credit due to Iso-Joe and Crawford, they were hitting killer shots.

Game 2 is a bounce-back..I'll be there!

^^
The Man in his Avy lost so all is well
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I need yall to pray for me.... I need to get:

-3 powerpoint presentations
-1 5 page paper
-1 3 Page Internship reflection paper

Done all by 10 AM tomorrow and I'll be officially done with my senior year...
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

*@+%'s going to be brutal!! 
tired.gif

Oh and...Drose 0 free throw attempts yesterday?  
eek.gif
sick.gif

And we only lost by 8 with JJ and Jamall going a combined 7-for-9 from the land of plenty?

Not worried....will be good

Adjustments the Chicago Bulls should make

The Chicago Bulls failed to win against Atlanta in game one, and what's perhaps most disconcerting is that they lost the game in the fourth quarter where they've typically owned opponents. After rolling around the results of game one in my head I came up with the following things which need to change for the Bulls to win game two.

Defend the early offense better

The Hawks dominated the Bulls in early offense in transition or in pseudo-transition plays. The primary problem is that while the Bulls frequently had someone back defensively, that person wasn't stopping the ball on the perimeter but was setting up around the charge line.

The athletic Hawks players easily scored from this position. In an ideal world, the Bulls would have more players back at all times to make a play in transition, but they need someone to pick up the ball handler closer to the three point line so that he's not going with a full head of steam at the basket with a stationary player there.

One of the primary ways the Bulls can slow down the Hawks offense is to force them into a half court game where their decision making and shot selection are frequently questionable.

Derrick Rose needs to step up his game

The Hawks spent most of the night single covering Rose with Jeff Teague, and Derrick simply didn't do a whole lot with that situation. Unless Jeff Teague has some preternatural defensive ability we haven't seen yet, this indicates that Rose either had a horrific game, or Derrick's ankle is cause for considerable concern.

I'm betting on the ankle. Rose simply wasn't slashing to the hoop like he has in the past and settled for a lot of mid range and long jumpers which weren't falling for him. Teague played Rose like it was his rookie season, sagging up to 6 feet off of him when Rose was behind the three point line.

If Rose just shoots that three in Teague's face and buries a few of them, the entire Atlanta defensive scheme will fall apart on Rose. However, Rose shot plenty of threes last game and simply didn't bury them.

If Rose allows the defense to treat him like he's Rajon Rondo shooting the ball without punishing them from the outside it's going to be a long series for Chicago.

Get Luol Deng some more touches

The man was 8/12 last night, why did he only shoot the ball 12 times? Luol found his way into the paint with regularity and drew fouls and made close shots. The Bulls need to make sure he's getting plenty of looks when he's playing that hot.

Joe Johnson spent a good amount of time playing SF, and when he defends Deng, we need Deng actively involved to help wear Johnson out on the defensive end.

Fight a little harder on the glass

The teams were basically neutral on the boards last night. The Atlanta Hawks are a decent defensive rebounding team, but they're one of the worst offensive rebounding teams in the NBA. There Bulls are the best rebounding team in the league.

To come up neutral there, especially when the Bulls missed so many shots, it simply an unacceptable performance from the Bulls big men.

Wait for the shots to stop falling

Sounds like an excuse, but Joe Johnson's not scoring 34 on 66% shooting from the field and 100% shooting from the three point line again. The Hawks will cool off. The theory has been put out there that Atlanta shot well against Orlando, but that's really not all that accurate.

Outside of Jamal Crawford and Kirk Hinrich (not playing) they didn't shoot well from the outside against Orlando, and while Crawford was a very good 46%, Joe Johnson only hit 33% of his threes.

The shots won't fall forever.

Read more: http://www.chicagonow.com...-make.html#ixzz1LJHP8OFf

Originally Posted by BishopStrongBow

^^
The Man in his Avy lost so all is well
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

br>
Oh and...Drose 0 free throw attempts yesterday?  
eek.gif
sick.gif

And we only lost by 8 with JJ and Jamall going a combined 7-for-9 from the land of plenty?

Not worried....will be good

+THIS
Originally Posted by AntBanks81

Originally Posted by BishopStrongBow

We good. Not %%%%%! worried ONE bit

Exactly we wasn't gonna sweep em

& THIS

& Kyle does tooooo much damn tweeting im reading the bulls blog & damn near the entire twitter on the side was kyle get off the phone/laptop & go to the gym....i swear Tom better not put him back on JC

MVP and Coach of the Year same team, same year post season results
Code:
MVP-------------Coach----------Team-----Results2008-09LeBron JamesMike BrownCleL in Conference Finals2004-05Steve NashMike D'AntoniPhoL in Conference Finals2002-03Tim DuncanGregg PopovichSaW NBA Finals2000-01Allen IversonLarry BrownPhiL in NBA Finals1995-96Michael JordanPhil JacksonChiW NBA Finals1989-90Magic JohnsonPat RileyLalL in Second Round1972-73Dave CowensTom HeinsohnBosW NBA Finals1969-70Willis ReedRed HolzmanNykW NBA Finals1964-65Bill RussellRed AuerbachBosW NBA Finals

Do any of you think D Roses (lightest basketball sneakers out) have anything to do with his ankle injuries? Yea he stepped on Craw's foot, but his new sneakers look like they offer very little support.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Do any of you think D Roses (lightest basketball sneakers out) have anything to do with his ankle injuries? Yea he stepped on Craw's foot, but his new sneakers look like they offer very little support.

he had the superlights on when he first hurt it but he switched back to the 1.5's which have a lot more ankle support

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

No, He was wearing another Adidas Shoe when he sprained it the first time...Then he switched back to the Adirose 1.5's, His ankle is still weak after the initial sprain...So he was prone to roll it again with all the quick cuts he does....no matter what shoe he was wearing... PLUS he rocks the Adidas speedwrap ankle brace, it works pretty damn well

Originally Posted by therenegade23

Originally Posted by zack54attack

Rose had a MRI today... Grade 2 sprain.
I thought it was needed
SportsCenter was reporting he didn't need a MRI. But David Kaplan said he had one today and it's a Grade 2 Sprain.

They are going to have to wrap that ankle up pretty good.

Now there's a report out that Rose did everything in practice and there's no swelling..... Just going to have to wait and see I guess.

@KCJHoop: DRose has no swelling in ankle, participated in whole practice

@McGrawDHBulls: Rose and Boozer both said to be feeling fine at Tuesday's practice

Back
Top Bottom