Official Childish Gambino (Donald Glover from Community) Thread - Signs multiyear deal w/ Amazon and opts out of FX partnership

I'm dropping this interview at 1 on my site, but wanted to give the NT fam a first look. We caught up with Glover after his show in LA and talked about everything from Odd Future & The Weeknd to his upcoming LP and what he thinks of the label situation.

Originally Posted by Definition Of Dopeness

Will be at his show Monday night in Dallas.

Did he already perform down here in Dallas? Where was he performing at Trees?

And man I've played the hell out of "Not Going Back" and I still haven't gotten tired of it. I'm not even sure why I even like this song or Childish Gambino. I personally think he's corny but somehow it works for him. He's corny but in a good way.
laugh.gif

And man I've played the hell out of "Not Going Back" and I still haven't gotten tired of it. I'm not even sure why I even like this song or Childish Gambino. I personally think he's corny but somehow it works for him. He's corny but in a good way.
laugh.gif

Where can I d/l the EP....it's been removed from his site or from the download link?

Where can I d/l the EP....it's been removed from his site or from the download link?

It looks like at least one of us has survived 2012.
33u33vp.jpg

grin.gif

Cool interview, he seems like a really chill dude.

Does he ever speak about his time on Community? I feel like I haven't seen him mention it at all.

33u33vp.jpg

grin.gif

Does he ever speak about his time on Community? I feel like I haven't seen him mention it at all.

Originally Posted by JD161616

I'm dropping this interview at 1 on my site, but wanted to give the NT fam a first look. We caught up with Glover after his show in LA and talked about everything from Odd Future & The Weeknd to his upcoming LP and what he thinks of the label situation.
this was awesome, well done.

September for the LP...sheeeeesh...can't wait...hope he drops some material before then

Originally Posted by JD161616

this was awesome, well done.

September for the LP...sheeeeesh...can't wait...hope he drops some material before then

Originally Posted by bkmac

grin.gif

WTH haha? I don't know how that happened. I'm from the future I guess.

We've had two interviews with him and we just never brought it up. I get the feeling that he wants to separate the two crafts and doesn't want to be popular with his music just because of Community. That's just my interpretation.

Originally Posted by bkmac

grin.gif

WTH haha? I don't know how that happened. I'm from the future I guess.

We've had two interviews with him and we just never brought it up. I get the feeling that he wants to separate the two crafts and doesn't want to be popular with his music just because of Community. That's just my interpretation.

Just saw his show in Austin, Texas and he straight up killed it. His comedy portion was absolutely hilarious, and his transition into the music was clever. His musical performance was right on point also, playing the more popular songs like Do ya like and Freaks and Geeks, and also some other songs that are not as famous for his more dedicated fans. He also played his remix to Rolling in the deep and All of the Lights which were both amazing. Great performer, hilarious dude, and really chill. After the concert he left his RV to come out and sign autographs and take pictures with fans. Hope to see him again soon, can't wait for the LP

Just saw his show in Austin, Texas and he straight up killed it. His comedy portion was absolutely hilarious, and his transition into the music was clever. His musical performance was right on point also, playing the more popular songs like Do ya like and Freaks and Geeks, and also some other songs that are not as famous for his more dedicated fans. He also played his remix to Rolling in the deep and All of the Lights which were both amazing. Great performer, hilarious dude, and really chill. After the concert he left his RV to come out and sign autographs and take pictures with fans. Hope to see him again soon, can't wait for the LP

Originally Posted by rocyaice

laugh.gif

Yeah he was here this past monday @ south side music hall. It was supposed to be @ the loft, but he sold so many tickets, they moved the location. I really didn't think he had a following/movement like that, but South side holds about a 1000 ppl, and that was sold out and @ capacity.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

laugh.gif

Yeah he was here this past monday @ south side music hall. It was supposed to be @ the loft, but he sold so many tickets, they moved the location. I really didn't think he had a following/movement like that, but South side holds about a 1000 ppl, and that was sold out and @ capacity.

The Emo's show (ATX) was ridiculous. Recurring theme here but if you can...GO SEE HIM. Ebay the tickets, stubhub the tickets, do whatever but get tickets...besides *inside joke* "Baby...we all got money."

The Emo's show (ATX) was ridiculous. Recurring theme here but if you can...GO SEE HIM. Ebay the tickets, stubhub the tickets, do whatever but get tickets...besides *inside joke* "Baby...we all got money."

Back
Top Bottom