Official Childish Gambino (Donald Glover from Community) Thread - Signs multiyear deal w/ Amazon and opts out of FX partnership

Might have to see bruh at the Fox Theatre. 

My man it is definitely worth it. Such a great performer when dude was happy gambino he was hyped as hell n kept us entertained for hours (Not saying he gon be just ol mopy gambino :lol: ). He wasn't very gimmicky on the CAMP tour either just a raw rap concert :pimp: I do remember a lot of the audience being off beat for some reason like a couple of kids in my immediate vicinity couldn't hold a beat to save their *** :lol:

Presale code for show in Los Angeles at the Shrine is "internet"

AEG presale code for March 3 Soma is "AEG2014"

Last edited:
Didn't manage to get to the tickets for the Hammerstein in time, although I attempted to do so shortly after they went on sale.

I'm going to wait awhile before getting them elsewhere for now.

I read it and I like this dude Donald. 
pimp.gif

Cool read but dam that secret track aint even out yet smh. Even cooler that he is still making short films and stuff.

I've long been a fan of Donald's...and I think this latest album is horrendous and not the music/sound/lyrics that made me a fan of his. It seems like I'm alone on those thoughts but no matter how many times I tried listening to BOTI I couldn't get into it at all

I've long been a fan of Donald's...and I think this latest album is horrendous and not the music/sound/lyrics that made me a fan of his. It seems like I'm alone on those thoughts but no matter how many times I tried listening to BOTI I couldn't get into it at all
You're the first person that I've seen who was a Gambino fan prior say say they didn't like this album. Can you explain why? I'm curious.

This article is a good read, does anyone know how much BTI sold as of today?

Last edited:

You're the first person that I've seen who was a Gambino fan prior say say they didn't like this album. Can you explain why? I'm curious.

I'm not quite in the same boat as Venom as far as thinking this album is horrendous, but I am certainly closer to his side than everyone else's.  I am a huge CG fan, and will go as far as saying that Camp is probably in my top 20 all time albums.  I have been trying so hard to get into this album, and just havent been able to.  The beats arent as good, and often times sound like a jumbled mess.  His lyrics are great at times, and all over the place in others.

I will continue to keep giving it spins in hopes that it grows on me, but to say I am disappointed by this album would be a huge understatement.

Last edited:

I'm not quite in the same boat as Venom as far as thinking this album is horrendous, but I am certainly closer to his side than everyone else's.  I am a huge CG fan, and will go as far as saying that Camp is probably in my top 20 all time albums.  I have been trying so hard to get into this album, and just havent been able to.  The beats arent as good, and often times sound like a jumbled mess.  His lyrics are great at times, and all over the place in others.

I will continue to keep giving it spins in hopes that it grows on me, but to say I am disappointed by this album would be a huge understatement.
Thats fair, the album sounds totally different than Camp does, he was bound to rub some people the wrong way with it. I agree with you on the beats part, Camp and Royalty had better beats.

I'm thinking about reselling my ticket for the Hammerstein Ballroom show since he'll be at Governors Ball.

Anybody that's been to his show(s) before: is it worth it to see him solo or would I not be missing much if I opted for the festival performance?

I'm thinking about reselling my ticket for the Hammerstein Ballroom show since he'll be at Governors Ball.

Anybody that's been to his show(s) before: is it worth it to see him solo or would I not be missing much if I opted for the festival performance?

I've seen him independently and at a festival. It's a good show regardless, he's an amazing performer

Back
Top Bottom