Official Childish Gambino (Donald Glover from Community) Thread - Signs multiyear deal w/ Amazon and opts out of FX partnership

merch is live for those who are going/have the app. pharos is gonna be 
pimp.gif

I can admit when I'm wrong/backpedaling. I guess the thing you have to accept about this guy is that he can't be classed as anything other than a "creative". Dude isn't a rapper, singer, actor, or writer. He's all of those things, and gives his attention to each as he sees fit. It's frustrating to be a fan of his at times, but dude hasn't really produced anything of poor quality that I can think of. The time frame in which it takes him to produce may piss us off, but it is what it is. You've gotta be a fan of Donald Glover, rather than a Bino fan. Otherwise you're just asking for the frustration. :lol:

Edit:
I reserve the right to nix this post and call this **** trash if it doesn't deliver.

I feel you man. You've pretty much hit the nail with your thoughts, extremely similar to mine.

Personally, I was so pissed with KAUIA that I didnt even want to give Because The Internet... a spin.
I remember being like man F this dude... he said he wouldnt sell out, he promised us he wasn't like all these other rappers, then he did exactly what they do which is change their whole style to try to appeal to the masses. I was heated. I felt like he was a fraud to be honest, i mean the change in his music was so drastic i was just thinking for a while "how was i so fooled by this dude"... :x :rolleyes

But thankfully, once i listened to Because The Internet... finally, i heard JUST ENOUGH of the old Gambino that made me think ight hes still there somewhere masked by all this radio appeal. I mean i know artists adapt, especially rappers. I never expect rappers to stay the same, but his change was drastic and overnight, and into something he said hed never be. So naturally, i was angry as hell. :smh:

But im glad he seems to have gone away and hid from radio or mainstream america and popularity, and focused on working on his music.
I feel like that gives me hope that his music will be geniune, heart felt, and classic Gambino once again.

I could be setting myself up for massive disappointment like you mentioned but I guess i have to take that risk and just stay hopefull and positive :lol:

Ahhh... i really hope he doesnt let us down. Im not expecting CAMP type Gambino, but im really hoping we at least get a nice taste of that :tongue:

i gotta start choosing my music choices better. Being a fan of Kid Cudi and Gambino has been hard. 1 guy is off doing who knows what and trying to do rock albums and CG is MIA at times and is kinda all over the place with his career desires

copping the black tee and hoodie for myself. blanket for the gf and two additional shirts for a buddy and my brother

Didn't Kauia come out a year after BTI? pretty sure it did. That TL seems off.

BTI was the best thing he's done to me. I think he got it all together with that. He has the ability to make music forever, so I don't get too upset at these lapses. I really don't think he has a window.

I really want to hear him sing for an entire album.

Didn't Kauia come out a year after BTI? pretty sure it did. That TL seems off.

BTI was the best thing he's done to me. I think he got it all together with that. He has the ability to make music forever, so I don't get too upset at these lapses. I really don't think he has a window.

I really want to hear him sing for an entire album.

Yessir, STN MTN/Kauai released almost a year after Because The Internet.

I just gave the TL the benefit of the doubt by assuming that he might've not paid attention to Because The Internet when it released.

Agreed at not being bothered when he goes off to focus on other aspects of his artistry though. I typically have more than enough music to listen to at any moment and I'd rather he make music when he truly WANTS to make music so that we get more experiences like BTI's script and this new Pharos event.

Finally, yeah; that full singing album is definitely something I want too. I still listen to his cover of "So Into You" regularly and some of his singing songs are my favorites from his catalog. Just caught myself singing "Oakland", "Urn", "Flight of the Navigator", and "So Fly" over the last couple of days.

Last edited:
no disrespect to chance or bino but when they the headlining acts the rest of the ppl gotta mo underground

pharos was too dope of an experience. still got withdrawals 
laugh.gif

someone managed to record the whole performance for those interested

Last edited:
I'll probably wait for the actual album. Salute to those of you that were able to actually attend the show. Glad to all enjoyed it. :nthat:

I'll probably wait for the actual album. Salute to those of you that were able to actually attend the show. Glad to all enjoyed it. :nthat:

Yeah man, as badly as I want to hear.
I aint messing up my first listen at new Donald over some low quality bootleg crowd recording :lol:

If i been waiting 3 years i can wait another couple weeks/months for that high quality drop.
Just pleased to hear that people enjoyed the music and experience, cant wait to hear it for myself and attend one of his tour shows. :smokin

Back
Top Bottom