Official Childish Gambino (Donald Glover from Community) Thread - Signs multiyear deal w/ Amazon and opts out of FX partnership

How known is this?

I passed this along to some friends and they're all amazed by this piece of art.  Gambino gained a fan in me, real talk.

yo, i can't wait for this.. gonna try to hold out, but i really wanna read the script/listen... the concept really sounds dope.

Low key finna unsubscribe from this thread til Tuesday.

Bumping Culdesac, the EP, and Camp as I work on my own screenplay tonight. :pimp:

usually I'm the same way.. but idk for some reason I feel like since the effort he put into it to make it so intricate (according to that KTT link)... just makes me wanna do it old school, which is kind of dumb since he's posting the link to the script on his twitter each day but it's just a personal preference thing for this release.

been playing this album non stop :pimp:

-the end of worldstar is so smooth... i love those horns
-the vibe to shadows & pink toes :smokin
-the interludes on here piece the album together real nice
-telegraph ave., flight of the navigator, & zealots of stockholm (free information) :wow: :pimp: :pimp:

im about to play this album with the script... im very interested now :nerd: :nerd:

the end of worldstar when high >>>

i could pick out every single instrument last night.
smokin.gif

I'm usually not a fan of Kilo Kish, but her voice repeating "Is it real cause

you're online?" is so dope to me, in a way I'm having trouble explaining. 

This album is exactly what I need to take me through the winter.

Went to his NYC mansion party last night. Was sort of a strange event, but it was pretty dope to be such an intimate space (about 45-50 winners +guests). Played about 15 songs including a lot of the new album material. His band is sounding tight.

I'm not sure how I feel about the script. I really enjoyed it until the end.

I was expecting Roscoe's Wetsuit to tie everything together at the end.

The script was still pretty cool for the most part. Musically I'm still not a huge fan of the album as a whole, there are a few songs I really enjoy.

Is the last track, Life: The Biggest Troll supposed to just awkwardly cut out like it does? I assumed the song was trolling.

What I took from the script and listening to the album was Donald's or for the sake of the script "The boy's" coming to an acceptance that he views everyone including himself on this earth as alone. Marriage is just a way to feel a little less lonely, and people who get married are settling to achieve that.

I'm not sure how I feel about the script. I really enjoyed it until the end.

I was expecting Roscoe's Wetsuit to tie everything together at the end.

The script was still pretty cool for the most part. Musically I'm still not a huge fan of the album as a whole, there are a few songs I really enjoy.

Is the last track, Life: The Biggest Troll supposed to just awkwardly cut out like it does? I assumed the song was trolling.

What I took from the script and listening to the album was Donald's or for the sake of the script "The boy's" coming to an acceptance that he views everyone including himself on this earth as alone. Marriage is just a way to feel a little less lonely, and people who get married are settling to achieve that.

From what I got from the screenplay was "The Boy" was Roscoe, and him being dead in the pool ends up as Roscoe's Wetsuit. As for what the entire narrative was about I felt that the narrative dealt with death and how the boy copes with death (of course as an extension to what you mentioned about loneliness which is definitely delt with in the screenplay).

Also, the end of Life: The Biggest Troll has a complete ending, the lyrics are on rapgenius and you can find the full track online (I forgot where I found it).

Just finished the sceenplay. This whole thing is such a dope project. Donald has done such a great job keeping everyone off balance with this whole thing. It really is cool to consume music and art in such a creative way. Everyone do yourself a favor and read the script. This isin't an obvious concept album like GKMC, the music is just a rough guide and background to the actual story which is found in the script.

Man this has grown on me so much over the last three days. I havent gotten around to reading the script yet, but I definitely will and this album will definitely be copped.

Uhhh wut?

:nerd:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom