Official Christian Hip- Hop Vol: God is Good!

Ok so for those Christian NT's im going share a little testimony. Im a born again Christian. Been following and serving the lord for a little over a year. Im still a baby
laugh.gif
but God is good and through faith I believe he'll continue to walk side by side with me in this walk of Christ. So I was into the drugs and drinking bumping to Drizzy and EM while my occasional Chris Breezy
laugh.gif
grin.gif
. But my life turned for the better and ive dropped all that and I LIVE A MUCH BETTER LIFE. The lord has blessed me tremendously.

So i've browsed NT's music forum for awhile now and i dont recall ever seeing a Topic for Christian Hip-Hop. So ill share some artist and tracks i bang too and hopefully im not the only one on NT
glasses.gif
. Thnks for Reading God Bless.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Uh...whooo...
laugh.gif

Welp I don't believe in god. AKA the Boogeyman. 

And props to getting your life together, even though it was your own will-power and perseverance to get right that made you a better person.

Let me know where god was when you fell in the first place.

But anyways, i'll spare you your "faith"...so as long as you feel happy and whatever, congrats.

I'm always amazed at the number of musicians that come from churches. Singers, Drummers, Keyboarders, Lighting people, A/V people. The technical aspect of churches really promotes a lot of grassroots creativity and i appreciate that aspect...on top of that, some of the most classic songs from the middle ages originated in churches. Very interesting stuff. I know a lot of drummers and keyboarders that are actually atheists/agnostics in the pulpits but do it for the checks
laugh.gif

Just curious, do you listen to ANY secular music? Why or why not?

also, how accurate is this video?

Originally Posted by hotboy

Imma make you clap shoulders dunny if you keep dissing my religion... word is bond
niketalk

Imma make you clap shoulders dunny if you keep dissing my religion... word is bond

Great to hear man. I only own one christian rap cd and thats one my older cousin gave me a couple years ago...Tadashi Identity Crisis. Its a pretty good album to me.

I will say Christian rap has came a long way from when I was kid and ppl was trying to put me on it. Cats like Lecrae, Trip Lee, and Tadashi can actually spit and are not corny and the production hasnt been bad from the stuff Ive heard and seen.

Now this is NT so I dont know how far your thread is gonna go but just ignore anybody that try to come in and derail it bro...u prolly will see alot of that or no input at all. 

No thread jack, but I always get stonefaced when people here that Tip is my favorite rapper of all time
laugh.gif
, well, these are a couple reasons why:

Verse 2:

Verse 1:

Verse 2:

Verse 2 (Ns don't even realize all he did was rhyme Romans 8:31):

Verse 2:

Skip to the 30second mark:

Lowkey, Big KRIT does the same thing...

i used to be a christian...used to bump some old school christian hip hop in the late 90's. kind of interesting/disappointing to see almost all of the guys i used to listen to have moved onto other 'worldly' professions.

the cross movement, the whole grapetree family, nuwine, really kind of a shame what happened with those groups cuz they were def representin back in the late 90's.

some of those guys, though, like the phanatik from CM can rap circles around some of these secular acts...i always thought this was a sick verse starts at 3:50:

Representing the Kingdom Theocratic
it's the Phanatik getting' deep as if
I was aquatic, nomadic
the Son of Man has no place to lay his afro
sacred tabernacle
dwellin' prevalin' against the gates of hell and
stickin' to the cross but without the use of nails
and you say
Great is the mystery but Mister, we don't understand
I'm stalkin' while I'm walkin' through this winter wonderland
with some Timberlands
troopin' while I'm scoopin' out the Gospel
don't get hostle
it's complex but it's not so hard to understand
then again it is for some
the mystery of the one who is and was and is to come
if I could rhyme for forever twice
you still won't have heard one-third
of the words that would serve to describe Christ
and still I rhyme
'cause I believe what the text say
Trust Christ in the End
and you'll be in the cypha the next day
"Like That!"

lookin at it right there...it doesn't look all that fresh but back in '99...those lyrics and his delivery were just...mesmerizing.

diggin through my tracks def takes me back down memory lane...a few more of my favorites:

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Uh...whooo...
laugh.gif

Welp I don't believe in god. AKA the Boogeyman.�

You're being mad passive-agressive and insulting...don't act like it's all good with his faith and everything and insult him in the same breath, it's wild disrespectful/childish.

Originally Posted by xx Name Brand xx

God bless. Live your life!

thanks for the positive reply fam. Man i wasnt trying to start a religion debate. There's atleast 5 within the last month in the General forum. I just figured i could express some positive encouraging music and hoped NT would appreciate it or atleast relate  to some of it. BUT ill keep it rolling hopefully the tread wont die. Peace!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JTPlatnum

i used to be a christian...used to bump some old school christian hip hop in the late 90's. kind of interesting/disappointing to see almost all of the guys i used to listen to have moved onto other 'worldly' professions.

the cross movement, the whole grapetree family, nuwine, really kind of a shame what happened with those groups cuz they were def representin back in the late 90's.

some of those guys, though, like the phanatik from CM can rap circles around some of these secular acts...i always thought this was a sick verse starts at.

man i never heard of them. but
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Not bad at all. To tell you the truth I always thought Christian Music consist of slow oprah type music lol. But when i seen the hip hop type of music. I really decided to devote my life to Christ.

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

Great to hear man. I only own one christian rap cd and thats one my older cousin gave me a couple years ago...Tadashi Identity Crisis. Its a pretty good album to me.

I will say Christian rap has came a long way from when I was kid and ppl was trying to put me on it. Cats like Lecrae, Trip Lee, and Tadashi can actually spit and are not corny and the production hasnt been bad from the stuff Ive heard and seen.

Now this is NT so I dont know how far your thread is gonna go but just ignore anybody that try to come in and derail it bro...u prolly will see alot of that or no input at all. 
Thanks Alot Man. It's cool i get alot of heat from my boys and people at my work.
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
. But yea i agree with you 100%. It's sad to see that most artist start out in the churches, christian chruches at that and migrate away from it all. People like chris brown, jessica simpson....
roll.gif
. Katy Perry
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom