Official Coachella 2014 Thread & FAQs : OUTKAST, Arcade Fire, Muse April 11-13, April 18-20

hating for what?
laugh.gif

i imagine both weekends will have its pros and cons.

first time going and im shuttling in from a hotel. the more and more i read about coachella, i kinda wish we bought camping tickets instead
eyes.gif

def down to link up with ya'll doe
smokin.gif
camping sounds fun until you wake up hungover in the heat and you see the showers. oh and the possible sandstorm. weekend 1 usually gets all the surprise guests and social media ruins any surprise for the weekend 2 people.

Not just hype, it's an amazing festival. Makes sense why 150,000 would want to go.

Got Weekend 2 Tickets, might try to exchange but either way I'm not missing it this year. And Cudi & Nas won't play against each other. They never put 2 similar artists next to each other. And considering the limited hip hop they have they would never do that

not about that camping life.  Reserved my hotel the other day but missed out on tickets today.  I'll wait until the stub hub prices go down and out this gift card to use.  Flights aren't that bad; i'm considering flying into LAX on wednesday and explore before I check in on thursday since i've never been out there before.

My girls bday is 4 / 20 too...Gonna need that connect in LA
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Have 2 weekend 2 tickets.need to exchange for weekend 1 someone help! I live in la area.

I got my tickets for weekend 2, but wondering about the parking. Last year we got a cheap motel somewhere in palm springs and shuttled this year. It was good, but we had to leave the grounds early to make it back. I'm thinking of renting out a bnb and just driving there. Anyone know the parking conditions, or how bad it really gets?

I got my tickets for weekend 2, but wondering about the parking. Last year we got a cheap motel somewhere in palm springs and shuttled this year. It was good, but we had to leave the grounds early to make it back. I'm thinking of renting out a bnb and just driving there. Anyone know the parking conditions, or how bad it really gets?
The site says theres only day parking.  I was wondering this too because I plan on driving in each day, but don't want to be forced to leave early.

hennessy beach hennessy beach It says till 2am, so I'm not too worried about having to leave early. I remember last year we did the shuttle thing, but they stop 60 min after the music ends, so we couldn't stay for Silent Disco. I'm just worried about how bad its gonna be getting in and getting out.

hennessy beach hennessy beach It says till 2am, so I'm not too worried about having to leave early. I remember last year we did the shuttle thing, but they stop 60 min after the music ends, so we couldn't stay for Silent Disco. I'm just worried about how bad its gonna be getting in and getting out.

Last year for $100 a day my house hired a private shuttle service. Anytime we called for a pickup they were there within 20 minutes. It was well worth it having a house with 15 people who all want to come and go at different times of the day. Our house was only a 10 minute drive away. At the end of one night we asked the driver to pickup a few cases of beer and he did.

i dont think anyone was hating on weekend 2, but its usually hot as hell..

the first week is breezy and fresh, last year we had that wind storm, 

but that 2nd weekend is just the opposite, its the begining of our regular 90-98 weather.

just keep in mind for you first timers, its the desert...

also have backup plans because like most people are finding out, everyone is a flake.

i remember not being able to get friends to join me for rock the bells, i even offered to buy em tickets 
mean.gif

in the end i took the greyhound and slept in the sketchy streets of san bernandino until the station opened.

Yea I already have a feeling I might end up going solo knowing the people I deal with.

Hotel is already booked so i'm not that worried about, don't want to miss out on this..especially for never being to the west coast.

My girlfriend and I are flying into LAX Weekend 1. Anyone around that way and willing to pick us would be the coolest. Were willing to chip on gas and other needs of course.

Wish Migos was there

Bando in the desert woulda been a movie, Coachella ain't paying enough attention to rap, Chance The Rapper? Come on b. It's like they got Kast and Nas and was like **** it

Last edited:
Wish Migos was there

Bando in the desert woulda been a movie, Coachella ain't paying enough attention to rap, Chance The Rapper? Come on b. It's like they got Kast and Nas and was like **** it
I dont know of any festival that caters to hip hop or rap fans other than rock the bells. Most will get you two or three acts thats about it.

going to coachella from out of state takes a lot of preparation im from atlanta and me n my friends will just plan accordingly to attend in 2015. thinking a couple days in vegas prior to weekend 1 then just rent a car and drive to indio

Wish Migos was there

Like dude above said. 'Chella doesn't really cater to hip hop. If you look at previous line ups they just started adding hip hop like 4-5 years ago

Wish Migos was there

I mean Chance The Rapper had the biggest mixtape of the year whether you like it or not so I'm sure a lot of people like that move. People don't buy rap festival tickets. Ex. Rock The Bells.

Tickets secured, hotel booked, just need to get the shuttle passes and everything should be good. April can't get here any sooner.

Wish Migos was there

Like dude above said. 'Chella doesn't really cater to hip hop. If you look at previous line ups they just started adding hip hop like 4-5 years ago

This is incredibly false. They had a lot more hip hop before with Heiroglyphics, Supernatural (had 2 sets a day one year), Roots, Black Star, Atmosphere, etc. It's recently they've added more radio-friendly rap. They've gotten on higher lines but the quantity has decreased and depending on who you ask the quality either increased or decreased.

Wish Migos was there

This is incredibly false. They had a lot more hip hop before with Heiroglyphics, Supernatural (had 2 sets a day one year), Roots, Black Star, Atmosphere, etc. It's recently they've added more radio-friendly rap. They've gotten on higher lines but the quantity has decreased and depending on who you ask the quality either increased or decreased.

I've noticed this as well. The hip hop acts tend to have critically acclaimed mixtapes out before Coachella, but release a studio album some time after - Kendrick and Rocky comes to mind.

All you people from out of state, are making a mistake flying in to LAX. Unless you have plans for things to do in L.A. Your best bet is to fly into Ontario airport. Could save u a couple of hours (depending on traffic), rather than coming all the way in from LAX.

Any camping vets willing to post pics of their previous setups? Car camping from out of state and slightly underestimated the amount of prep... Good chunk of my tax refund probably going towards supplies

Back
Top Bottom