OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

I can’t believe I still have my collection. I don’t have too many, but the cover on this one is one of my favs.
IMG_5405.jpeg

I can’t believe I still have my collection. I don’t have too many, but the cover on this one is one of my favs.
Nice! Do you have memories of when and where you bought them?

I still have all my old comics as well. Started in 6th grade and stopped buying around 9th grade. My favorite store moved sometime in 2004 and I didn’t find the owner again until 2011 at another location. Sadly, he closed for good 2 years later and retired.

Nice! Do you have memories of when and where you bought them?

I still have all my old comics as well. Started in 6th grade and stopped buying around 9th grade. My favorite store moved sometime in 2004 and I didn’t find the owner again until 2011 at another location. Sadly, he closed for good 2 years later and retired.

Yup, it was 5th grade. We had just moved into a new neighborhood. There was a new comic book store right across the street from my new school. It only lasted a couple of years. People mostly went there because they had Mortal Kombat. That poor lady, we all kept wiping out her quarters from her cash register. :lol:

Got back into comics in June and have been jumping around a bit.

Picked up the Donny Cates Venom run omnibus, that was suggested by my local comic shop. Was fantastic. Picked up kind of late in the Al Ewing run and am about to start Venom war.

Read Blood Hunt. Not bad but I have a feeling I’d get more out of it if I read all the tie-ins. But there was a lot of them. A lot. Hope they release a companion trade to go along with it and give it a reread.

Have enjoyed the new X-Men stuff.

Daredevil has been pretty good.

Have all the new Ultimate Spider-Man except for I believe the 2nd issue and that’s pretty much why I haven’t started yet. Started Ultimates though and has been pretty good so far.

Been reading DC’s Absolute Power and am enjoying it so far.

Just picked up my first issue of Worlds Finest today to check it out. Also picked up Nightwing and Brave and the Bold.
I feel like Blood Hunt was an event just to setup
Doom as Sorcerer Supreme lol

All the red-band issues and the idea was cool, but after I finished it it was ehhh.

I'm finally catching up on G.O.D.S by Hickman and that is a good read.

Gotta sell some issues/runs though. Need to free up space lol

Yup, it was 5th grade. We had just moved into a new neighborhood. There was a new comic book store right across the street from my new school. It only lasted a couple of years. People mostly went there because they had Mortal Kombat. That poor lady, we all kept wiping out her quarters from her cash register. :lol:

Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter machines were goldmines for stores back in the day. My local donut shop SUCKS but we went for the arcades in the back :lol:

If you haven't read Waid and Mora's World's Finest, I recommend you do so. Writing and art is great. Oh, and you get panels like this :lol:
IMG_2250.jpeg

I am just getting into reading Comic Books right now and I finished Doctor Doom: The Book Of Doom Omnibus. Man it was an excellent read. I finished it in one go.

On Marvel Unlimited? If you got a physical copy and want to help a brother out, let me know. Need a physical copy of that.

Started Ram V's run on Detective Comics and it's a slow start, but Albequerque's artwork is so good.

Just finished Vol. 4 of World's Finest where they go to Earth-22 (Kingdom Come earth) and that was a really good read. Sucks Waid and Mora are no longer on this title. But I am curious how their Justice League comic will go.

Wolverine #1 was a good start. Surprised they brought back one of his older villains.

Hey everybody,
Just plugging my YouTube channel. At the moment, I’m covering and analyzing early marvel comics to the present. Im new to content, editing and all that so things are in progress but im getting better. If you all want to check it out and subscribe, here’s the link:

Just got in this Blue Flame issue as an extension of my Doctor Doom collection, since it's a tribute to Secret Wars #20, which is one of my favorite covers of all time. Added to the Ninja Funk, it's a pretty cool little trio. Anyone know of any others, or does anyone else have similar offshoots to their collections?

1726777319990.png

Just got in this Blue Flame issue as an extension of my Doctor Doom collection, since it's a tribute to Secret Wars #20, which is one of my favorite covers of all time. Added to the Ninja Funk, it's a pretty cool little trio. Anyone know of any others, or does anyone else have similar offshoots to their collections?

1726777319990.png
Next ones I need to get:
1726870491671.png
1726870510902.png
1726870530306.png
1726870550056.png
1726870669448.png

This is why many people are enjoying the current Ultimate Spider-Man run. The main ASM title just hasn't been good for some time. (I personally disliked Wells/Romita's run and glad that it's ending)

Back
Top Bottom