OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

i enjoyed zero year...its an origin though so...i liked court of owls way better...

@thejrob was really just interested in the batman new 52...you hooked it up with some good info...

I consider Court of Owls one of the GOAT Batman arcs.

I enjoyed the first half of Zero Year. Not so much Secret City. Death of the Family was good, as well. I thought Endgame was boring at first, but it's really starting to pick up.

I just bought the Court of Owls package with the mask. Excited to read it. Got the Silver Surfer classics collection too

Nah, at this point, 3 months away Marvel would just announce their reboot like Dc did with the New 52.

What this is, is Marvel purposely not directly answering if they're rebooting while teasing that they are so they can completely dominate sales when Secret Wars starts.

A reboot consists of starting fresh. Starting completely over. Not to mention they did this already with the Ultimate universe. Given what they've said, they're just building on existing history. At best lesser known characters will be replaced with alternate versions for the chance they'll be more popular with a new take. Then there's adding new characters that don't exist in the MU; Ultimate U characters like Miles Morales, heroes from New Universe/NewUniversal, Supreme Power, Shadowline comics, etc. They're testing all of this out by having minis and new ongoings during SW to give this a legit chance.

If you look close at what's said though you can interpret their intent like with what the E-i-C said:
"Read and find out," Alonso said of the possibility of a reboot. "Like I said, we are taking some chances here, but I will stand by -- I think Tom will back me -- our history's not broken. We don't view our history as being broken or something that we need to fix. If anything we think we are building upon that history and we are taking the best and biggest pieces of it and seeing how easily they coexist with one another. We don't expect all our moves to make everyone happy, but we think it will make for a really fascinating read through 'Secret Wars' and beyond."
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=58631

All in all I think this approach is way better an idea that just rebooting the entire universe

Last edited:
Seems interesting. Dont see why they need to merge these worlds forever tho. Especially with all the ways they can cross universes/dimensions. I wanna see how this plays out.

Finally read Vol. 5 of Ultimate Spider-Man. Enjoyed how Bendis fast forwarded Miles' storyline a year after the significant death in his life.

Now currently reading Saga Vol. 4. Loving it. Just hate the fact these take so long to release and the recent news of taking a 3-month break.
sick.gif

Seems interesting. Dont see why they need to merge these worlds forever tho. Especially with all the ways they can cross universes/dimensions. I wanna see how this plays out.
The multiverse is gonna be dead at least for a while I'm assuming. If it's one thing Hickman has made clear is he's killing the Marvel multiverse so there won't even be universes to go to anymore.

I imagine after SW: Battleworld they'll slowly come back and it'll be a big event in regards to the first alt universe some hero travels to. They won't be merging all of the worlds forever. Taking what's worked with some concepts and characters and basically just having it so the new 616 always had them.
Also are they merging the Star Wars comics into this new world?
Nope.

Star Wars will remain a separate property. Marvel only kinda gets to lease that universe out. Lucas Film still owns the comic rights to that. It's just that they're all Disney now that they might as well let them make the comics.

According to Tom B. a Marvel/SW crossover in comics is still a long time away. Same with Howard the Duck meeting Donald Duck.

Just bought the Skottie Young Stars cover lithograph.

Then I realized that all his Star Wars Variants connect. Smh...Hopefully they release a lithograph of all three covers.

Back
Top Bottom