OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

Yeah, they recently teased something called the Vanishing Point.

Recently in SE, another Steve Rogers popped up that also met up with 2 dudes who are most likely Bucky (who just died) and Sam.

The rumor is there's a connection to sort of explain how these team-ups go down.

This isn't from the comics but the promotions for books not out yet and the speculation for them.

Bendis says there's a plan and already an ending in mind for that and the IM book with Riri.

It will of course most likely spin off in to another book.

For Doom, maybe an actual Dr. Doom book :nerd:

Marvel is reprinting Amazing Fantasy #15 again for the release of Spider-Man. Only $1. Should be at your local comic book shops tomorrow.

Any Valiant heads on NT? I'm reading X-O Manowar and this series is GOOD. I always thought the name and character design were silly, but on FCBD I grabbed the X-O special and the story was interesting and the preview looked nuts.

I looked it up and the elevator pitch was Iron Man meets Booster Gold meets Conan the Barbarian in space. Asked my shop to add it for me and It's been great. Now I need to go back and read up. I heard the previous run is supposed to be really good too.

0c00d40a_XO2017_001_COVER-A_LAROSA2-562x863.jpeg

Last edited:
Walker is a great writer, when it comes to urban dialogue dude nails it. Such a cool dude too, real nice and down to earth too

Just got my second haul in today. Went old school with a little new school.

Grabbed issues 0-5 of "Nine Rings of WuTang"

And also grabbed a new series by Dark Horse called Bankshot. Hope this comic does well.

Last edited:
@kyrie swerving - Haven't seen anyone mention this to you yet, but one thing that helped me a ton when I got into comics was simply a library membership. You'd be amazed at how many trade paperbacks, collected editions and archive editions libraries carry, and if your local library is part of a bigger network you can get stuff from other libraries delivered to your local one.

It's a great way to check out different story arcs, creator runs and stuff you wanna try without committing to.

And you can't beat the price!

@kyrie swerving - Haven't seen anyone mention this to you yet, but one thing that helped me a ton when I got into comics was simply a library membership. You'd be amazed at how many trade paperbacks, collected editions and archive editions libraries carry, and if your local library is part of a bigger network you can get stuff from other libraries delivered to your local one.

It's a great way to check out different story arcs, creator runs and stuff you wanna try without committing to.

And you can't beat the price!

I'll second this, because I just picked up an Omnibus i'd been looking for and couldn't find anywhere for a decent price from my local library. The benefit of the library system is that with the move to online accounts and such you can search through a database to see if any libraries in your area have any books you might be interested in. You can then check them out for weeks at a time, allowing you to easily read dozens, if not hundreds, of comics without ever having to spend a dime on them (As long as you return them in time of course)

Nice size haul in this week. Not going to post every single issue but:
Vixen: Return of the Lion #1-5
IMG_5838.JPG
Batman Orpheus Rising #1-5
IMG_5839.JPG
Black Lightning Year One #1-6
IMG_5840.JPG
Also grabbed these TPBs
Cyborg Rebirth Vol 1
IMG_5843.JPG
Black Panther World of Wakanda (Hate that this got canceled)
IMG_5841.JPG
Spiderman/Spider Gwen Sitting in a Tree
IMG_5842.JPG

You don't see that Vixen mini series a lot. If you haven't read the Rebirth Justice League of America: Vixen one-shot, it's another good one with her. Plus Jamal Campbell's interiors are incredible in it.

jlavixenrebirth.jpg

Late to the game, but I just finished Long Halloween and Hush. Man, I've been missing out. I heard Dark Victory and The Black Mirror were both good, so I'll be giving those a read pretty soon.

Both are very good. Much better than Hush imo so you're in for a great time.

Any Valiant heads on NT? I'm reading X-O Manowar and this series is GOOD. I always thought the name and character design were silly, but on FCBD I grabbed the X-O special and the story was interesting and the preview looked nuts.

I looked it up and the elevator pitch was Iron Man meets Booster Gold meets Conan the Barbarian in space. Asked my shop to add it for me and It's been great. Now I need to go back and read up. I heard the previous run is supposed to be really good too.

0c00d40a_XO2017_001_COVER-A_LAROSA2-562x863.jpeg

I'm starting to really pickup on Valiant. Truly love their artists and storylines.. X-O, Secret Weapon (Don't care for the design but the series is decent), Harbinger, Divinity, Rapture (Ninjak and Shadowman), Bloodshot are what I'm reading right now.

I'm starting to really pickup on Valiant. Truly love their artists and storylines.. X-O, Secret Weapon (Don't care for the design but the series is decent), Harbinger, Divinity, Rapture (Ninjak and Shadowman), Bloodshot are what I'm reading right now.

Harbinger looks like something I could get into, but apparently there's some crazy ish going down right now. I feel like I need to catch up and be somewhat familiar before getting into that. Shadowman and Ninjak seem dope too. I heard Rapture isn't the most new reader friendly though.

Back
Top Bottom