OFFICIAL CONTAGION MOVIE THREAD [Currently rocking an 82% on Rotten Tomatoes...]

its a P.S.A.esque movie that requires the viewer to actually view the movie and not simply watch it ( if that makes sense). Much like social network was about the suit against Zuck not so much about facebook as it is today, Contagion disects "disease" with great character development and small plots that affect the characters.

If for nothing else...Sanaa Lathans in it so thats always a plus.

Originally Posted by Koudie From BroOklyn

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

Originally Posted by DMoney82

No spoiler alert huh? You stupid *%#$ 
indifferent.gif
Smh , i knew i shouldnt have come into this thread.. smh
tired.gif
this. 
indifferent.gif
tired.gif
indifferent.gif

I liked it.
-Great cinematography, especially in the beginning.
-Marion Cotillard is a beautiful beautiful woman.
-I figured that I liked it more than most b/c I'm a chem major

watched today.

*%@?! who approved of this?!

this movie is depressing, everthing looked grey

i only liked jude laws character

overall

2/10

Saw it on release night. Pretty dang good IMO.  Was tripped out by how many people in the theaters, was like wow why do so many people wanna see this?

Heard a good amount of peeps coming out saying they didn't like it cause they thought it didn't have enough action..............
indifferent.gif

I was like what you expect? Zombies? That's why I was surprised at the amount of people.

If you are at all interested in the biomedical or microbio field I would highly recommend. 9/10

For everyone else 7.5/10

I just saw the movie this morning, liked it. I just came out with one question:
Spoiler [+]
did mitch find out that his wife cheated? or did he already know? it probably went right over my head, but I assume so since he was crying

Originally Posted by daprescription

I just saw the movie this morning, liked it. I just came out with one question:
Spoiler [+]
did mitch find out that his wife cheated? or did he already know? it probably went right over my head, but I assume so since he was crying
Nope he never knew. they never told him or didn't want to tell him. i forget. 

Originally Posted by hymen man

The movie did however make me develop a serious crush on Marion Cotillard.

just reaffirmin
devil.gif

tumblr_ls0lokFdW01r3bdzwo1_500.jpg

solid flick, ain't really good or bad, just interesting like a documentary, but there's a few moments
smokin.gif
. that music though
grin.gif

Originally Posted by BrotherForReal

its a P.S.A.esque movie that requires the viewer to actually view the movie and not simply watch it ( if that makes sense). Much like social network was about the suit against Zuck not so much about facebook as it is today, Contagion disects "disease" with great character development and small plots that affect the characters.

If for nothing else...Sanaa Lathans in it so thats always a plus.

Gotta disagree with you on character development, with the exception of Cotillard and Damon's daughter. With so many subplots taking place, I think most characters were just stereotypes due to time constraints. Really, why should I have felt any empathy for Paltrow's character, getting plastered, taking BBM pics, cheating on her husband and then dying, all in 20 (movie) minutes? Jude Law was good if his character was supposed to be a prick.
Agreed on Sanaa's appearance.

Originally Posted by blasdiaz

watched today.

*%@?! who approved of this?!

this movie is depressing, everthing looked grey

i only liked jude laws character

overall

2/10

true it wasnt epic but 2/10 are you sure you didnt mean to post in the driver thread?
tired.gif

Lol how do you do the spolier thing, I have a question that is bothering me like hell lol, about day 1.

Finally caught it on blu-ray tonight. Really enjoyed it and it seemed so realistic. I say this as a documentary fiend. 

This professor ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W._Ian_Lipkin ) was on Charlie Rose a while back when he did a segment on the movie. 

Lipkin served as a science consultant for the film Contagion.[3] The film has been praised for its scientific accuracy.

Just finished watching this.

Loved it, one of my favorites of 2011. The dialogue and story itself were extremely realistic, almost had me worrying at some points knowing this is how it would all go down if a disease like this ever came about.

Spoiler [+]
Lying within the animals (pigs) the whole time
30t6p3b.gif

I liked this movie because instead of focusing on heroes and a "save the day" sort of scenario, they showed everyone a rough interpretation of how things worked(and how organizations cooperated together) and what steps is taken to catch up and gain ground on a spreading epidemic.

Back
Top Bottom