OFFICIAL CONVERSE THREAD

Screenshot_20221112-231049_Chrome.jpg

I've been baffled with why Nike has chosen to be complacent/lazy with rehashing the Converse basketball shoes that were popular in the '80s ever since they acquired them in 2003. Like there would be a decent amount of interest with the Weapon line since peeps can identify them being worn by Magic Johnson & Larry Bird.

We all get that they're going to prioritize Jordan Brand and its vast selection of identifiable retro models forever because it's the most profitable situation for them. But there would still be some interest with those old Converse models, albeit at a lower level compared to Jordans.

It just doesn't make sense for them to buy a company under bankruptcy to own them and not dip into their archives and templates of the archaic models to rehash them since they now have the rights to them.

I think I would actually get some of those '80s models because they would likely get marked down because they're not going to liquidate fast at regular price like Jordans.

It wouldn't be hard for them to rehash them because those '80s models were never signature shoes tied to a former star's name. They definitely won't have to pay royalties.

I've been baffled with why Nike has chosen to be complacent/lazy with rehashing the Converse basketball shoes that were popular in the '80s ever since they acquired them in 2003. Like there would be a decent amount of interest with the Weapon line since peeps can identify them being worn by Magic Johnson & Larry Bird.

We all get that they're going to prioritize Jordan Brand and its vast selection of identifiable retro models forever because it's the most profitable situation for them. But there would still be some interest with those old Converse models, albeit at a lower level compared to Jordans.

It just doesn't make sense for them to buy a company under bankruptcy to own them and not dip into their archives and templates of the archaic models to rehash them since they now have the rights to them.

I think I would actually get some of those '80s models because they would likely get marked down because they're not going to liquidate fast at regular price like Jordans.

It wouldn't be hard for them to rehash them because those '80s models were never signature shoes tied to a former star's name. They definitely won't have to pay royalties.
maybe they just bought converse to make zillions off of chucks

I remember when it was like 1998 or 1999 when there were print ads in magazines of Converse with Master P in them.

maybe they just bought converse to make zillions off of chucks

That's definitely a no-brainer since they're something that will be perpetually bought by consumers across decades that's effectively guaranteed money for them.

It still would be cool for them to rehash all those models that preceded 2000 since the retro market will always be strong and older generation fans will have an affinity for those.

Back
Top Bottom