Official CP3.VIII thread -- Release date November 1 -- Retail $130

I really think this is going to be a solid model, despite what a few sources are saying (not SC, Zac D may have been right on with them).

Maybe nothing groundbreaking, but just a solid model.  I anticipate that they improve on the VII, but I'll wait to hear some more takes.  Don't know that I'll scoop right away.  Sittin on a few different shoes that I want to give some court time...

dope 
smokin.gif
 @airmag15  

Man these 8's are really boring but that Xmas CW looks halfway decent. Might order a pair for grins and giggles.

Copped the XMas and the Primary colors for a test. Highly doubt I willl keep them. But we will see.

The Black/Grey/Cement & Dark Blue versions look much better. Can't believe there's only 2 page on this thread, and CP3 7 thread is almost dead.

These should hit discounts with the quickness.
You were on point with this. Getting discounted everywhere. I tried them on at HOH once and didn't seem like a good performer, kind of heavy for a low.

Are they sitting because of performance, aesthetics. or both?

You were on point with this. Getting discounted everywhere. I tried them on at HOH once and didn't seem like a good performer, kind of heavy for a low.

Are they sitting because of performance, aesthetics. or both?
they should be a decent performer. cp3 shoes never sold well anyway, but they're always above avg performers. 

they should be a decent performer. cp3 shoes never sold well anyway, but they're always above avg performers. 
I second this.

Cp3s just don't sell like other sigs and even some team models.  Definitely underrated IMO.  I can't speak for these 8s, but I have heard good things about some aspects of the shoe.  Curious if there will be an AE version.

The VIs I never tried but am tempted to track down a pair.  Enjoyed playing in the VIIs, just one pair of those but I still throw them on here and there.

i know these don't get a lot of love, but was at the game today vs rockets. CP3 had on probably the best PE cw of the cp3.viii this season. reminds me of the xx3.

7s are so money on court, can't recommend them enough
serious. These are beast. I have the bel air colorway with the different materials on the upper and they are by far my favorite low top shoe to ball in. Popped a pod though on the left so I lost some cushion there.traction on the 7s could be better.

CP3 wore the titanium cw in today's game again. how are Nike/JB holding out on us with these. would definitely buy if they release this cw.

^titanium colorway is phenomenal... completely agree that they are missing out on this.  I guess now that the AEs have arrived we won't be seeing those?

Also -- hearing that the AEs upper is a big improvement comfort-wise.  I still probably won't pick these up... I've spent too much on shoes this first qrtr of the year.

^ Me too, been trying to find VI AEs. Those look dope and seem to have one of the best tractions of all time.

^ Me too, been trying to find VI AEs. Those look dope and seem to have one of the best tractions of all time.
Have you checked ebay?  some pairs going for decent prices on there.  I haven't bit the bullet just yet... I've been picking up other shoes so I've held off.

I'm also curious about sizing.  Wondering if it's a shoe I can go .5 down in

The VI AE was heavily discounted here in Europe so I've haven't had much success.

I could have gone half a size down with the VII easily. The VI AE being leather-like materials, I could see myself going down half a size as well.

Anyone have an updated review on these? 

The AE looks good and much better than the original edition, pricing's getting more reasonable so thinking about picking up a pair.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom