Official Crysis 2 Thread Vol: OUT NOW

People already camping for killstreaks
30t6p3b.gif

Ive been playing (ps3) the campaign since saturday and the games pretty good to me. I played bulletstorm too and crisis is way better imo.

Originally Posted by PLVN

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Third person > first person.

No.

This game is an instant cop...might actually pull me away from Halo:Reach.

I just hope they change the sound of the footsteps...I constantly think someone is behind me.
Word, the demo was fun but it takes forever to grab some kills, plus I couldn't stand the dudes using camo and just camping.
sick.gif

I'll probably download for PC though.

12 hour storyline for a fps is amazing.
I'm gonna wait until I finish the first two games before getting this.

Can I get some NT'er opinions?
Been playing Killzone 3. Enjoying it, but this game looks pretty fun.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Lol, how many first person shooter franchises are there now:

Crysis
Bulletstorm
Call Of Duty
Halo
Killzone
Resistance

They're getting mad corny.

Third person > first person. Can't wait for Gears 3SOCOM 4.

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Can I get some NT'er opinions?
Been playing Killzone 3. Enjoying it, but this game looks pretty fun.

Very good man. I play KZ3 also, get at me

All I play is FPS
roll.gif

Picked it up today... playing the campaign. I like it so far. Always wanted to play Crysis but never had a PC that could run it and wasn't going to invest in one for one game.

Still haven't beaten Black Ops or even gotten halfway thru KZ3
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

All I play is FPS
roll.gif

Picked it up today... playing the campaign. I like it so far. Always wanted to play Crysis but never had a PC that could run it and wasn't going to invest in one for one game.

Still haven't beaten Black Ops or even gotten halfway thru KZ3
roll.gif

I feel you on that, i havent beaten black ops either. I heard its short. Once i start playing online, i never end up playing the single player
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by amel223

So...any verdicts?

PS3 user here, I can't really give it a final verdict but I've been playing the campaign for about 2-3 hours now, let me just get this out of the way:

- The game is BEAUTIFUL
- The A.I. is ******ed smart (I know that sounds redundant but let me give you an example)

Even when cloaked (behind cover/moving slowly) VERY often the enemy gets stuck in "panic" paths, meaning they cautiously pace in a circle or turn 360s on a path while moving until you either reveal yourself or kill them...which will ultimately give away your position because no matter who you kill they always want that guy to report in...which causes them to panic and close in on your position relatively quickly.

Another example, I stealth killed a guy in a stairwell (Silenced shot to the head)...seconds later they want a report from this guy *eyeroll* so the next guy is walking up the stairs, doesn't even see the body or myself cloaked but chimes in , "Are you ok?" "We've got a man down!" etc etc...

More than often I find myself just pacing around kicking cars, throwing objects and seeing how much detail the devs put into the game graphically. I just turned it off after highlighting about 4 enemies on the map who are all huddled together running in a panic circle amongst themselves. It just looked ridiculous, they're all running into objects in this huge cluster looking for 'me' who's looking down upon them *facepalm*

If they manage to patch the A.I. it should be a smooth experience overall.

After finally picking this up I can say this game is amazing. One of the best games/fps/campaigns this generation. It feels like the next evolution of Halo gameplay. Only thing missing is co-cop.  

I must admit multiplayer is pretty damn fun... It's like the perfect blend of COD and Halo. I suck though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

I must admit multiplayer is pretty damn fun... It's like the perfect blend of COD and Halo. I suck though
laugh.gif

Tell me about it, multiplayer is REAL hard.

360 user. Only touched Multiplayer so far, did pretty good playing with in the level 1-10 lobbies. Now at level 11 hoping I dont start getting destroyed 
laugh.gif
Really enjoy the game so far.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

I'm thinking about turning in Killzone 3 for it, deal or no deal?
I don't own KZ3 because I'm on the Xbox.. but what I can say is Crysis 2 is mad fun. I know I'll be playing this more than BO and I love BO I'm just tired of all the camping that's going on it bugs me how people camp so much. Crysis 2 has a cloaking ability that some complain about I don't seen it as a big deal because the cloak guys are pretty easy to spot. I wasn't interested in this game watching vids or playing beta but after getting the full game I love it.. it surprised me how fun it is. I traded in MVC3 in for this and had 20 bucks credit already so I didn't have to pay a cent for the game. MP is all I play though and that's all I'm going by if you like single player I'm sure it's good in that department also. Like everyone else said the graphics are amazing.. but I'm done with this wall of bad grammar
laugh.gif
 all I got to say is for those who are semi interested or on the fence about this game at least try it..

Back
Top Bottom