Official D-League Thread - [2/5] Motion to change this to the Official Pierre Jackson Thread?

Let's get it crackin!

I know it's plenty of fans of the D-League on NT.

Figured I'd start this thread so we can discuss the progress of prospective call-ups and any news.

I enjoy keeping up with the D-League because there are a few :wow:, "whatever happened to him" NBA vets and former college stars (Ricky Davis, Jamaal Tinsley, Jamario Moon, Chris Porter) trying to get one more crack at the league. Then you have the young players developing too.

All the games are on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/nbadleague

Last edited:
A few call ups from this week:

Chris Douglas-Roberts to the Bobcats
Hilton Armstrong to the Warriors

Pierre Jackson (Baylor) been eating, averaging 28.5 PPG 5.5 APG, 4.3 RPG and shooting 41% from 3

Kendall Marshall leads the D-League with 10.5 APG

Brian Butch is leading in rebound 13.4 RPG

Pierre has been hoopin man. That fool has so much bounce. I am following the D-League. I honestly might have watched more D-League games than NCAA games this year. I just love developmental of any sport. NBA/WWE specifically.

Aquille Carr :pimp:

Aquille dropping 10 a game and hanging tough with some NBA talent. That's wassup :nthat:

This is a great idea for a thread. I've been saying that the D-League needs an image revamp so it isnt seen as a punishment or just overall frowned upon.

Maine Red Claws tho :pimp:

My boy Ty Walker plays for them. He's averaging 7, 9 and just about 4 blocks in just 27 minutes...with his length I wouldn't doubt it if he gets a call up sometime soon.

Yeah he's put up some solid numbers and with his measurables he's intriguing, but has has offensive game improved since his Wake days? I could see a team taking Jarvis Varnado or Hassan Whiteside over Walker.

This is a great idea for a thread. I've been saying that the D-League needs an image revamp so it isnt seen as a punishment or just overall frowned upon.

Yeah, there are some changes that can be made. I think it starts with the money, the 3 salary levels are 25K, 19K, and 13K :x The possibility of a call-up and being in front of NBA scouts keeps guys playing in the D-League, but that's pathetic. Hopefully Adam Silver has some ideas on how to improve the image and visibility of the D-League.

I played with him when I was back home a few times during the summer and he definitely got a lot stronger since Wake. He's always been able to shoot pretty decent from midrange during pickup but never really used it during high school or college. I haven't seen any of his D-League games so I couldn't tell you how his offensive game has looked in those games though.

I played with him when I was back home a few times during the summer and he definitely got a lot stronger since Wake. He's always been able to shoot pretty decent from midrange during pickup but never really used it during high school or college. I haven't seen any of his D-League games so I couldn't tell you how his offensive game has looked in those games though.

Bet. I'll have to check some of his games out then.

Seth Curry got a call-up to the Grizzlies, he was averaging 21.3 points, 3.5 rebounds, 7.8 assists and 1.58 steals on 43.9 percent shooting in 37.3 minutes in 12 games for the Warriors.

Return of the Prodigal? Will Armor sign Terrence Williams?
By Net Income  @NetsDaily on Dec 27 2013, 11:28p 41

Terrence Williams, who had a tumultuous season and a half with the Nets before being traded in 2010, may be returning to the Nets organization. League source reports that the Springfileld Armor have "legitimate interest" in the 6'6" combo guard and could sign him next week. Significant Armor personnel moves are approved by the Nets front office and executed by Milton Lee, the Nets GM for minor league operations.

T-Will was drafted 11th by the Nets in 2009, and had an up-and-down rookie year, winning rookie of the month honors for April, when he also posted a triple -double. But he also got a reputation as a disruptive force, missing practices and even getting into a shouting match with a beat writer.

Since being traded to Houston (for two first round picks), Williams has not been able to stick with an NBA team, having been cut by the Rockets, Kings, Pistons and Celtics, where he was teammates with Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett. Last season, he played in both China as well as Boston. This season, he started out in Turkey with Turk Telekom, but left a few weeks ago.

Last week, the Boston Herald reported the Celtics wanted to sign Williams to a D-League contract with their Maine affiliate. The interest, the Herald reported, is mutual. But T-Will had to enter the D-Leagud player pool and must clear waivers before joining the Red Claws. One of the three teams who would have to pass on Williams is Springfield and they may take him.

In second year, just before he was traded, the Nets sent him to Springfield where he averaged a triple double in three games: 28.7 points, 11.3 rebounds and 10.7 assists. The Armor, 2-10, are desperate for point guard help. Williams, now 26, has the Nets last triple double, a 27-13-10 game off the bench vs. Chicago on April 9, 2010.

http://www.netsdaily.com/2013/12/27/5249610/return-of-the-prodigal-will-armor-sign-terrence-williams

i always liked what he brought skill wise... he's such a versatile player. his attitude always got in the way though :\

i'd still like to see him land a consistent role somewhere :nerd:

T-Will signed with the D-Fenders

The Celtics sent Marshon Brooks to the Red Claws, obviously dude has NBA talent but for whatever reason he's not in Stevens' rotation.

Does T-Will just not work hard or something? He's a hell of an athlete and I always thought he should have been able to stick with a team. Thought he would've stuck with both the Kings and Celtics at the time.

The D League definitely needs to raise those salaries (50k, 60k, 75k maybe?) ...alotta good players tho :pimp:

T-Will was my dude when he was in Louisville.

That whole team his last year was bananas. 
pimp.gif

Yeah, I always liked T-Will's game. Skill is just one part in the equation when it comes to staying in the league.

Back
Top Bottom