Official DA HEMI thread

Hellcat Durango suppose to be announced in April
I’ll welcome it but the Durango has been selling so poorly :lol: even the srt. Feel like they barely produced any.

gonna be dope either way but I bet the price is gonna be 🤢🤢

Looking to get a full cat-back exhaust for the 2015 5.7 Challenger r/t any suggestions? Been looking at the Borla ATAK

2021 Dodge Challenger ACR Is Being Benchmarked Against the Viper: Report
A leaner, meaner, racing Challenger with Hellcat power is supposedly on the way.
BY PETER HOLDERITHMAY 29, 2020
2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody
DODGE
Dodge's ACR nameplate started on the Viper in 1999 and has only been bestowed on one other vehicle, the compact Neon sedan. ACR stands for American Cup Racer, and it's a trim level that represents the very best Dodge has to offer when it comes to on-track performance. It's been in hiatus for three years since the Viper was discontinued, but a report from Allparindicates that's about to change with the 2021 Dodge Challenger ACR.

According to a longtime source for the website, a slew of upgrades are in store for the LX-platform Challenger to shed the muscle car label in pursuit of pure performance. These include reworked aero, tires, brakes, suspension, and more. All of these modifications are focused on turning the rather portly two-door—the Challenger Hellcat weighs over 4,400 pounds—into a sub-two-ton weapon on the track.
Dodge plans on using some existing components to accomplish this, as money is tight due to the current global circumstances. These include the rear wing from the Viper ACR-E, a modified version of that same car's splitter, and likely some other adjustable suspension components from the Viper such as the shocks. Nothing is said about the transmission in Allpar's report, so the Challenger ACR may have to make do with the six-speed manual that's offered on the Challenger Hellcat.

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com%2Fthe-drive-cms-content-staging%2Fmessage-editor%252F1590800205140-dodge-viper_acr-2016-1600-04.jpg

DODGE

There's rumored be two engine choices, the 6.2-liter, supercharged V8 out of the 797-horsepower Challenger Hellcat, and the brand's 392ci Hemi which produces 485 horsepower naturally-aspirated. The brakes, likely from Brembo, will have to work hard to get the cars immense girth—even after being lightened—to a halt.
Dodge hopes all of this will add up to the new Challenger ACR being within two seconds of its Viper predecessor around a track. They also want to de-throne Ford's new GT500 Mustang, which is hard to beat with its 760 horsepower V8, dual-clutch transmission, and aggressive aerodynamics.
There's no information concerning the car's release date, but with the next-generation Challenger's development delayed due to the global crisis, Dodge has some time to whip the muscle car into shape. I for one would like to know FCA's diet secrets if they can truly shed nearly five hundred pounds off of the jelly-bellied Challenger.

Dodge Teases 8,950-HP 2021 Performance Lineup With Exhaust Noise and Electric Guitars
Revving Hellcats and an electric guitar playing "The Star-Spangled Banner," for America.

2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye front in motion 2

Scott EvansWordsManufacturerPhotosMotorTrend StaffPhotos
Jun 29, 2020
Dodge, never a brand to shy away from patriotic marketing, has something big to tell us on Thursday. But until then, you'll just have to play this maximum 'Murica teaser on repeat.

The brand that brought you George Washington attacking the Red Coats in a Challenger is doubling-down on patriotism once again, this time with an audio-only teaser video featuring supercharged Hellcat V-8s revving over an electric guitar playing the last verse of "The Star-Spangled Banner." No, really.

A brief release accompanying the teaser informs us Dodge will drop three more teaser videos on Wednesday, July 1, one each on its Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts. A final teaser image will be released on the morning of Thursday, July 2, before the big announcement, which will stream live on Dodge.com later that day at 12 p.m. eastern time.
What's the big news? Dodge promises a complete look at its 2021 performance lineup, which we take to mean the Journey won't be getting a mention. The mostly muscle car brand claims its expanding performance portfolio will offer a combined 8,950 hp, which is a lot, even for Dodge. Contributing to that total will no doubt be the upcoming Hellcat-powered Durango that Dodge has been teasing, but even adding together every current Hellcat model plus a Durango Hellcat only gets you to 5,129 hp. Add in models powered by the naturally aspirated 6.4-liter V-8 and the sum still falls short of 8,950, which leads us to believe Dodge has more than just a Durango Hellcat up its sleeve.

2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye side

We'll know more later this week as Dodge dribbles out additional teasers, or you can just check back at noon on Thursday for the whole enchilada.

Durango is meh looking

really wanna see the TRX though, that's gonna be sick looking

Durango is nice but if I was looking for something like that I think I'd rather go with a Grand Cherokee SRT .

Missed out on the covid fire sale. Seems like around mar-april dealers were desperate due to covid. They were letting brand new scats go for low 30s

They cleaned up the 2019s during that fire sale. Not a lot of 2020s around since they barely opened up the manufacturing plant. I’m growing impatient finding a scat with the plus group out here in socal. A lot of them have navi package smh

84002635-61FD-42A1-9E02-49E906582C7E.jpeg

Last picture I took of the Daytona, it’s a pretty dope car 5.7 felt like the perfectly daily driver.
Just wasn’t fully for me, I should’ve went with my first choice it would’ve been cheaper in the long run.
Traded it in and got a new 2020 Charger Scat Pack.
Got a pretty good deal. Went base possible mainly because I couldn’t get red interior with Hellraisin, I’ll add them when I find another set of seats to buy online.

Hard to say how I feel about it now going through the break in procedure. 168 miles left until I can give it some more throttle
B7428715-9D7A-4DF5-9771-C02CC64ECE09.jpeg

84002635-61FD-42A1-9E02-49E906582C7E.jpeg

Last picture I took of the Daytona, it’s a pretty dope car 5.7 felt like the perfectly daily driver.
Just wasn’t fully for me, I should’ve went with my first choice it would’ve been cheaper in the long run.
Traded it in and got a new 2020 Charger Scat Pack.
Got a pretty good deal. Went base possible mainly because I couldn’t get red interior with Hellraisin, I’ll add them when I find another set of seats to buy online.

Hard to say how I feel about it now going through the break in procedure. 168 miles left until I can give it some more throttle
B7428715-9D7A-4DF5-9771-C02CC64ECE09.jpeg
Its gonna be a night and day diffrence
Da 5.7 is a base model truck motor for entry level trucks and cars that weight close to it.
Your gonna feel that extra 100+ hp

Back
Top Bottom