Official Defending Eastern Conference Champion Orlando Magic Thread 2009/2010

So i looked all around for an official thread and it doesnt look like anyone is on it so here we go. I know my fellow Magic fans will come out for this one.Dwight will have another mammoth year and Vince is a much better fit than Turk. I was so tired of watching Turk dribble around for the last 20 seconds only toheave up a shot and make it maybe 50% of the time. Im ready to see Jameer get back into all star form, and I think Bass is a huge pickup for us so we now havea true all around 4 so my cuz Sweet Lew can go back to the 3. Our bench is deeper and Dwights going to have improved.

Lets GO MAGIC!! Cavs and Celts got nothing on us!!

My Cuz Sweet Lew gonna do it this year(after the suspension)

YO I got the real thread right here and again as usual the Magic are overlooked but.............

Vince for MVP??

Yea I know point is I put it out start of season and no one was around now this guy claims VC is MVP and there's a new thread

Doesn't matter to me, I'll post in here instead.

There's rumors of sending Gortat to Portland since Oden is out, in the other thread there was talks of taking back Andre Miller which would be incrediblyidiotic.

J-Will's been great, the team has been 8-1 since Jameer's been out, not to mention he should start practicing in a few weeks.

Gortat expressed his desire to play, but it makes more sense to just keep him for now until better offers come in. If he were to be traded for a guard/forward,it might give Bass some minutes that he's been needing, but I don't like Bass playing back-up center at all.

The Magic will not be able to win near as many games if Gortat leaves or they don't get a serviceable big man in return.

I dont think losing Gortat would be a bad deal if we got a decent player in return. I like Gortats depth he provides for Dwight who stays in foul trouble. ButI think we could still be just as good without him but Andre Miller.

Id pass.

Magic-Clippers Preview

By MATT BEARDMORE
Posted Dec 07 2009 3:30PM
Looking for their best start in 14 years, the Orlando Magic will attempt to set a franchise record with their eighth straight road win in a season.

Orlando can achieve that mark with a sixth consecutive victory over the Los Angeles Clippers on Tuesday night.

The Southeast Division-leading Magic won their fifth straight overall and improved to 16-4 with Saturday's 126-118 victory at Golden State. Orlando used a15-0 fourth-quarter run to win its seventh in a row on the road since a 102-74 loss to Oklahoma City on Nov. 8.

"We got a little lucky and hung around and stayed in the game until we were able to get the last push that we needed,'' said coach Stan Van Gundy,whose team has won 10 of 11.

Orlando, which looks to open 17-4 for the first time since 1995-96, has not won eight straight away from home since taking its final two road games of 2006-07and its first seven the following season.

"We like playing on the road and like the atmosphere that the road brings us. It's almost like we're more together on the road,'' centerDwight Howard told the team's official Web site. "We feed off the energy of knowing that we have to go into somebody else's building and quietthat crowd and get the win.''

Orlando won its last two in Los Angeles against the Clippers, the most recent a 95-88 victory last Dec. 8. Howard had 23 points, 22 rebounds and six blocks.

Looking for its first victory over Orlando since Dec. 3, 2006, Los Angeles (9-11) will try for a better effort than it had in an 88-72 win over Indiana onSaturday. The Clippers, winners of four of five at home, shot 34.9 percent from the field, went 4 of 16 from 3-point range and matched a season high with 21turnovers.

"It was one of the ugliest (games), but I'm definitely not giving it back,'' center Marcus Camby said after scoring 12 points with 17rebounds. "The way we shot the ball and turned the ball over and still got the win, we've definitely got a lot of improvement to do. But I'm morethan happy to get the W.''

Los Angeles was also happy to have second-year guard Eric Gordon back after he missed Wednesday's loss to Houston with a strained left hamstring. He scored10 points Saturday.

"Obviously Eric's numbers, shooting the ball 3 for 10, were not so great," coach Mike Dunleavy said, "but he has an impact on the gamedefensively. As far as stops, deflections, hands on the ball, pushing the ball up the floor, making plays to other guys, and the fact that you have to guardhim ? it helps spread the court."

Gordon averaged 11.5 points on 36.4 percent shooting in two losses to Orlando last season.

Magic guard Vince Carter had 27 points Saturday as Orlando had its best offensive output since a 135-111 victory over Indiana on Jan. 27.

Playing for New Jersey, Carter averaged 33.5 points, 7.5 rebounds and 5.0 assists against Los Angeles in 2008-09.

OP, are you the only Magic fan on this board?
laugh.gif

There's a few around, there was another thread that became the season thread with a few more people posting, CEO Mal, StrongMind, a few others too Iforget.

I'm a fan too, considering I grew up and lived in central Florida, Knicks come first but the Magic are right behind.

I don't know which one everyone wants to use, I'll just bump this one cause I found it first, but game on TNT vs. the Jazz tonight

Another win on the road would be impressive.

Checkin in again. Anyways, this year's squad is pretty damn solid. White Chocolate is surprising me alot this year no doubt. He's really running thisteam and it looks like everyone is having fun.

Anderson with 4 three's off the bench in the 1st half so far, sorry Bass
laugh.gif

Magic look to be able to hold this lead all game, so long as they don't go ice cold any time soon.

We needed to choose one, couldn't have both going at the same time... I made a command decision
laugh.gif

Stronger when united anyway
laugh.gif

Magic just love letting teams back into games, they get so complacent to just shoot 3's and when they don't drop they forget to give the ball to Dwightin the post.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Magic just love letting teams back into games, they get so complacent to just shoot 3's and when they don't drop they forget to give the ball to Dwight in the post.

Yeah I feel you on that one. They do this %%+# all the %$%%%#% time. They need to develop that killer instinct.

Tale of two teams for the Magic tonight... the shots stop falling and Dwight can't shoulder the low in the paint.

He is capable of more post moves than the ONE that he does, he just doesn't have the confidence to pull it off. Keeps repeating the same move and gettingstripped, go baseline and mix things up.

Defense has been awful this game, way too many wide open Jazz players getting good looks.

Making a push right now, keep playing with intensity and take SMART shots, and they can pull this comeback.

Back
Top Bottom