Official Detroit Lions @ Green Bay Packers --- The Matt Flynn Show.

Rodgers gets a couple drives to stay loose before Matt Flynn comes in and torches the Lions.

His beard is ready.

Packers_Lions_Football_OTK200.large.jpg

Yo Chester where did you get that syringe of 1996 to inject directly into your bloodstream this week?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Pack hate flowing strong.
pimp.gif
How sick would some good old fashioned Green Bay vs San Fran playoff action be??
smokin.gif

lions haven't won in green bay since 1991.

that streak continues most likely.

Avril decapitates anorexic Zachary Galifinakis (sp?) and lions win for the first time in winsconsin since before the Favre years

Still can't believe the Packers are home dogs. Would be at least -7 if they don't rest the starters, and they're at +3.5 at some books now. I know Belichick will never tolerate being underdogs and would go for the kill. I hope Green Bay has the same killer instinct mentality here.

Are the Lions locked into the 5 seed?

Or could they move to #6 if they lose this game?

Originally Posted by toine2983

Are the Lions locked into the 5 seed?

Or could they move to #6 if they lose this game?
Lions would move to the #6 if they lost and the Falcons won.

Detroit Lions Sports Report just said no Rodgers, Jennings, Matthews, Woodson.

I'm still not underestimating this Pack team, just hoping for a win that would mean a lot to this Lions team.

Thread title coudnt have been more spot on.

This game really is pretty laughable. We just beat a playoff team with our back up QB. How much this game mattered to the Lions makes it even more funnny. Lions fans have to be fuming right now.
Edit: Flynn > Stafford

Packers fans, do you feel like this is any indication that the success of these QBs is due to MCarthys system? That's not to take any credit away from Flynn or Rodgers especially. But do you think these same QBs would have just as much success let's say if they were playing in Gilbride (Giants) or Atlanta's system? Im just curious because Flynn came in cold off the bench not playing since last year and he sets franchise records. And then I recall an interview with Favre stating the offense was extremely Talented and him not being surprised Rodgers won so quickly.

Any Lions fans even gonna try to defend your team after this embarassment?

Some awful officiating today but that's no excuse for our secondary letting Flynn set GB records today

Originally Posted by MPire

Packers fans, do you feel like this is any indication that the success of these QBs is due to MCarthys system? That's not to take any credit away from Flynn or Rodgers especially. But do you think these same QBs would have just as much success let's say if they were playing in Gilbride (Giants) or Atlanta's system? Im just curious because Flynn came in cold off the bench not playing since last year and he sets franchise records. And then I recall an interview with Favre stating the offense was extremely Talented and him not being surprised Rodgers won so quickly.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

in all seriousness though...TT and mccarthy's drafting has been spot effin' on. and these guys keep talent around which is awesome. i know it's easier when the fans and city own the team...but the team is run so damn well. jennings, finley, nelson...all drafted by GB. hell even going back to driver...they picked him and have kept him in a GB uniform all these years. it's awesome to see a team that can keep their key players around in a time where players jump ship and chase dollars.

I think Rodgers and Flynn have crazy good work ethic and have mastered the system. All of the players on the offense do. I also think living in a place like Green Bay helps the players focus on football more than any other team in the NFL. I think it was Woodson that made that comment when they were talking about how he didnt wanna be in Green Bay at first. Nothing to do there put football.

It goes both ways. McCarthys an offensive genius and the players put in the work to understand the offense.
It shows you how great of a GM Ted Thompson is. He put ALL of this together starting with McCarthy. How in depth they evaluate their players in the drafting process is crazy. They draft these guys that they know will put in the effort to master the system. Thats why they plug any guy in there and they succeed. And like you said Deadset with how they keep guys around. They evaluate these guys so deeply that they know they will have high enough character to stay and focus on winning.

Originally Posted by MPire

This stuff is going to be overreaction central.
laugh.gif
It's just one of those games, I don't think anyones going to argue that Flynn is better than Rodgers right?  So why would we attribute this performance specifically to the system if Rodgers has never thrown for 6 TD's or that many yards in a game?

I don't think Flynn would be throwing for 80 TD's or anything if he started every game or anything so it is what it is. Jordy and the boys were straight beasting today though.
pimp.gif
When dudes on this offense step up together you can forget about it.
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^ bound to happen, fraij...people said it about brady when matt cassel took an 18-1 team down to 11-5 and missed the playoffs
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MastaMind033

Some awful officiating today but that's no excuse for our secondary letting Flynn set GB records today
Yea there were several game changing calls that weren't made that should have gone Detroits way, but I can't get to mad at that with the way the secondary played.  No way should they let Mat Flynn go off like he did.  We need some corners desperately, I don't want to see any of those dudes starting next year
mad.gif
mad.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom