**Official Dr. Dre Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre Thread **Album Out Now**

Is there a clean version of the album cover? One without the Parental Advisory label? 
nerd.gif

After letting this joint marinate, I've concluded that it's much better than I initially thought.

Once I got past my unreal expectations of what I'd like to hear and just let it be what it is, I'm enjoying it way more than before.

I wanna hear Kendrick ride more beats like Deep Water, Darkside (before the beat switch) and One Shot One Kill.

A whole album of that. No more smooth ****. We angry.

After letting this joint marinate, I've concluded that it's much better than I initially thought.

Once I got past my unreal expectations of what I'd like to hear and just let it be what it is, I'm enjoying it way more than before.

I feel like if there was a build up to this album it woulda been underwhelming , but since he dropped it on us at the last minute it delivered.

Almost like we didn't have time to hype it up before hearing it. Detox dropping at this point woulda never lived up to its name cuz it was so hyped for so long

Last edited:
I wanna hear Kendrick ride more beats like Deep Water, Darkside (before the beat switch) and One Shot One Kill.

A whole album of that. No more smooth ****. We angry.

that will never happen no one makes a album sounding one way through out the whole album unless its someone who is not trying to appeal to the mulitple demographics like currensy

Kendrick albums are balanced with a little bit of everything for everybody without taking away from the message storyline and content

if he didnt rap smooth or slow we wouldnt have songs like

HOC
Cut You Off
Hol Up
ADHD
Poe Mans Dream
Blow My High
Kill My Vibe
Sing About Me
These Walls
You Aint Gotta Lie

Last edited:
Terrible album. Not worth 16 years at all. This reminds me of "The Aftermath" a "compilation" that was trash. He sounded like he was Imitating Kendrick Lamar on lots of songs you can tell K.Dot wrote his verses. Weak songs, even Game imitated K.Dot with his flow. Couple good things here and their but overall a 1.5/5. Nobody can say this was a Good/Great Album besides being Hyped and boosted by Marketing and the Name. Unbiased review. back to bumping the Chronic/Chronic2001. Dr.Dre is done musically (cough I need a doctor) hence no detox now we know why.

Last edited:
Terrible album. Not worth 16 years at all. This reminds me of "The Aftermath" a "compilation" that was trash. He sounded like he was Imitating Kendrick Lamar on lots of songs you can tell K.Dot wrote his verses. Weak songs, even Game imitated K.Dot with his flow. Couple good things here and their but overall a 1.5/5. Nobody can say this was a Good/Great Album besides being Hyped and boosted by Marketing and the Name. Unbiased review. back to bumping the Chronic/Chronic2001. Dr.Dre is done musically (cough I need a doctor) hence no detox now we know why.

this album is better than that Aftermath compilation. and nah compared to that I Need A Doctor track this sounds way better. guess you didn't hear songs like Animals, Issues, All In Day's Work Talkin To My Diary & It's All On Me. that's classic Dre right there. even the modern sounding tracks sound crazy. i'm guessing people just stuck in the past work so much they don't want to hear anything new from him.

I'm 6 tracks in so far and I like it. Based on these comments I thought I was gonna feel like I did when listening to Magna Carta. I think it's way better than that and I'd give that 3/5

^ Pretty much everything is better than Magna Carter. I would rather listen to the Aftermath Compilation than Magna Carter.

This album sounds nothing like the Aftermath compilation. That was a disaster and a POS. This new album is good, I don't love it like a lot of you. I hate that fast flow, not enough Dre on the album and some songs are just forgettable.

Last edited:
Detox WAS gonna be poppin based off:

**** Popped Off (the TI joint)
Kush (either bad timing or idk but the song was legit Dre sound)

I Need A Doctor and Under Pressure were trash

^Not sure what you're talking about man, all 4 of those songs belonged in the biggest recycle bin known to man :lol: :lol:

I'm 6 tracks in so far and I like it. Based on these comments I thought I was gonna feel like I did when listening to Magna Carta. I think it's way better than that and I'd give that 3/5

this album craps all over Magna Carta, not saying that album was bad but this is pretty good for a guy who was away for like 14 years.

If this were a Kendrick Lamar album with all these beats, we'd be talking all time classic. I enjoyed this album first listen. 4/5 for me.

The album is not that good to me. Felt like he was trying to stay relevant over being himself. he is Dr. Dre. This seem like one of those focus group albums that tries to include a broad spectrum of fans. It's underwhelming after waiting so long for an album from him. Would have been okay if we had more in between.

Back
Top Bottom