OFFICIAL Dwight Howard Superman DUNK Shouldnt Count Post

No I couldn't do this dunk....but no I don't think it should count in Dunk Contest rules. Dunk Contest rules say you have to touch the rim andthat's why you get a redo if you don't touch the rim. Honestly, I think he could've touched the rim to throw it in because he bobbled the ball whenhe caught it so he just threw it in with momentum and to be able to do that he must've been high enough still in order to dunk the ball.....but then again,I don't think he could've.

All in all, it doesn't matter. It was sick, the whole concept, and I think he deserved to win.

get over it. i would've gave dwight howard a 50 doing a layup than for gerald green to make a fool out of himself and pull out another between the legsdunk. whooopdee doo.

How did Gerald Green get a 37 for the cupcake dunk?

But thats me. No matter what, what he did was phenomenal.

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by mario23407

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

Do you have to grab the rim for it to be a dunk?

duh

I disagree because I have seen people do plenty of "dunk-ups" where they touch the rim plenty but it so obviously wan't a dunk (See manywomen's dunks). I've also seen plenty of "dunks" like Howard did tonight (where they don't touch the rim but throw it through hard) thatI would easily accept as a dunk over that other stuff.
But thats me. No matter what, what he did was phenomenal.

Edit:

Definitions of "dunk"
"[size=-1]A shot thrown downward through the basket, with one or two hands. Also: slam, slam-dunk, jam[/size]"
"[size=-1]A shot in which a jumping player slams the ball down into the opponent s basket from above."
"[/size][size=-1]To force the ball down into the basket with one or both hands."[/size]
[size=-1]
Nothing about a rim here at all.
[/size]

the thing i love about NT is that..even if someone makes a CORRECT statement..if they don't like that person..hes automatically discredited..if i was Gunnaor 23ska..this thread wouldn't be close to the way it is now..everybody wants their post quoted with a laughing emoticon these days
eyes.gif

No I couldn't do this dunk....but no I don't think it should count in Dunk Contest rules. Dunk Contest rules say you have to touch the rim and that's why you get a redo if you don't touch the rim. Honestly, I think he could've touched the rim to throw it in because he bobbled the ball when he caught it so he just threw it in with momentum and to be able to do that he must've been high enough still in order to dunk the ball.....but then again, I don't think he could've.

All in all, it doesn't matter. It was sick, the whole concept, and I think he deserved to win.
i agree 100%..regardless if it didn't count..it was still a great move..but it shouldn't be classified as a dunk

unk Contest rules say you have to touch the rim and that's why you get a redo if you don't touch the rim
No they don't. He was above the rim, put the ball down forcefully, dunk. If he did that at the gym here, he would still get kicked out. Theball never had any upward or horizontal flight upon leaving his hand, dunk. Stop being Debbie Downers

the thing i love about NT is that..even if someone makes a CORRECT statement..if they don't like that person..hes automatically discredited..if i was Gunna or 23ska..this thread wouldn't be close to the way it is now..everybody wants their post quoted with a laughing emoticon these days
eyes.gif

Or maybe it's because there's a thread made specifically for the event where people have already stated what you stated.

Either way its done and over with, what dude did was ill, touching the rim or not, so pull your damn skirts up (no offense fanatic) and stop b'ing likelittle girls.

Originally Posted by adidas All Day I Dream About Shoes

the thing i love about NT is that..even if someone makes a CORRECT statement..if they don't like that person..hes automatically discredited..if i was Gunna or 23ska..this thread wouldn't be close to the way it is now..everybody wants their post quoted with a laughing emoticon these days
eyes.gif
Or maybe it's because there's a thread made specifically for the event where people have already stated what you stated.

no...lies..if i was HTTB or Gunna...me making a whole new thread wouldnt even be discussed....we got dudes focusing on the specific username rather thanthe topic at hand...anyways..Fanatic15 please lock...

Originally Posted by Mayor of NYC

Originally Posted by adidas All Day I Dream About Shoes

eyes.gif

no...lies..if i was HTTB or Gunna...me making a whole new thread wouldnt even be discussed....we got dudes focusing on the specific username rather than the topic at hand...anyways..Fanatic15 please lock...

You have a point for sure but this is NT, laughs get you e-fame or something
ohwell.gif

Topic could have been good, but I'll lock it now.

Back
Top Bottom