Official Dwyane Wade to Jordan Brand Thread

seeing D Wade in the Jumpman
pimp.gif

LETS SEE SOME PE'S AS A GENERAL RELEASE!!!!! Chris paul and Melo's shoes look like garbage compared to the famous Jordan from 1-infinite

^If a PE becomes a GR then it's not a PE anymore, it's just a GR. I think you mean team colorways as GRs.

Originally Posted by GeRAWRd

^If a PE becomes a GR then it's not a PE anymore, it's just a GR. I think you mean team colorways as GRs.
I think he means his own sig line.

Like melo's and cp's.

wadejordan.jpg

Dwyane Wade kicked off the season quite nicely by helping his team, the Miami Heat overcome the New York Knicks by beating them in theirseason opener. Well since earlier this year, sneakerheads have been abuzz about Dwayne Wade's amazing jump from being the face of Converse, to now becomingpart of Team Jordan's extensive list of A-list sports stars. Wade opens up to the Sun-Sentinnel about all things Jordan Brand, among other thingsincluding a possible Dolphin partnership? Read the interview below.
On moving from Converse to the Jordan Brand:
It's a great decision. I need you to understand, Converse is under the Nike umbrella, so it was a decision from Nike, not only to put me into the Jordan Brand, where my individual things could be seen more, but also to help the brand as it continues to grow. So it was a corporate decision, and I just reaped the benefits from it. I had a great team at Converse, but I think it was time to move on from both sides, so it was great.

On whether he had concerns about moving from being the star of the Converse brand to one of several elite athletes at Jordan Brand:
When I was 24, I probably have thought about it, I probably wouldn't have wanted it to happen. Being 27 and being smart and understanding that everyone has a place, I kind of relish it, I kind of open my arms to it. When I was 24 I would have said No, I would have said 'I want to be the face of this brand, I want to be the all.' But now knowing the team that we have at the Jordan Brand is only going to make it better for everyone else. It's not pressure on one guy to build the brand, it's going to be on a lot of different guys to help add to the brand that Michael has already built. So it sort of makes our job a little bit easier actually.

On whether he'll have his own signature shoe at Jordan Brand:
That's still to be determined. I just came into the brand two and a half months before the season, so a lot of stuff we have to get together … We've got some special things planned, but you know how we are at the Jordan Brand, we keep everything secretive…

What shoe he'll wear this season:
I wear the 16.5 that's a combination of Jordan 16 and Jordan 17. And also wear the Hallowed Ground, and another shoe they're going to be putting them out. I'll be wearing three different shoes throughout the year until they decide they want me to wear something else.

On holding a "summit" with his endorsement partners:
I think the biggest thing, which we always talked about just never could do, you want everyone you're endorsing and partners of, to all be on the same page and tell a story, you don't want everyone coming out with something different and telling different stories … It's exciting for us to get everyone in the same room, and see what each other is working so we're not overlapping, not crossing each other. It's an opportunity to see the plans and say OK Gatorade is doing this, Jordan Brand we don't have to do this, we can concentrate on this part. It's just about getting everybody to work together.

On this year's message:
This year so far, the message so far is simple … I think it's self-explanatory to the point of where my team is and where other teams are, we're still rebuilding , so I have to continue to keep proving myself and our team needs to keep proving themselves.

On what kinds of companies he'd like to partner with:
You always want to add the right things, and at the same time I don't want to do too much, because I still want to have time for myself. There are certain categories I want to go after that at one point I did have. At one point, I had the car category with Lincoln, but that was only a one year deal. A lot of people still talk about my commercial now, years later. Car and food and maybe some other ones. Personally I want to do maybe Calvin Klein.

On whether he still has interest in acting in movies (he has a cameo role in Just Wright starring Queen Latifah set for release next year):
I'm going to say I'm going to hold off for a minute, on like really trying to get into movies. Like I wouldn't mind doing cameos. It's so long, it's like I was there for like 13 hours and I wasn't a major, major part of the movie. So I really have to have time to really do that. So right now I'm still going to make my cameos, and do certain things for fun that we want to do. But I don't know if I really want to do a Space Jam or nothing like that. That takes a lot of time. It'd have to be the right time and the right thing.

On whether he'll walk the orange carpet at a Miami Dolphins game:
We'll see. I don't know. I went to the first game, I was there supporting. I didn't go on the carpet, that was for the owners. I was there to support. Maybe, maybe not.

Will he become a limited partner in the Dolphins?
Maybe, maybe not. It's all exciting and interesting, it's all just chatter. It's a lot of chatter.

As A Miami Native Thought people in this specific Thread would like this. From the Local Paper Down here...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

so, does anybody have any idea when we might see a D. Wade signature shoe from JB? Forgive me if its buried in the thread somewhere....

so d wade is rockin trash 16.5s and Q rich gets wht/red 12 whats wrong with jb. got a bunch of idiots over there.
indifferent.gif

what shoes is d-wade rockin tonight? they dont look like anything ive ever seen from JB

Well Q-Rich is been with the Jordan Brand for quite a long time so am guessing he can wear whatever he wants,but D-Wade is obviously getting the treatment of anewbie rocking either the 16.5 or the Jordan Hollowed Ground. Am pretty sure will see Wade rocking some heat soon.

As I stated in the Nike forum.... ALL players get to wear whatever they want unless instructed by their Jordan Rep to push something because of a Promo orlikewise. Trust me when I say they ALL get a HEFTY amount of stuff to wear as they wish.

Some stuff is worn in coordination of a release other stuff is worn as they want.

cant wait to see his pe's this season. cant wait til he gets his own signature jb shoe. hopefully they do him justice.

Yeah it looks like he was wearing black/white hollowed grounds last night against the Wizards. He shouldve played in the bred 16.5 like Q Rich, theyre onpoint
pimp.gif
might have to cop a pair.

Back
Top Bottom