Official Eminem *Recovery* post Vol. 7th studio album 6/22/10

But barely two weeks after 'Not Afraid'? I mean, damn, the video hasn't even dropped yet. I'm guessing a push back and sarcasm in his tweet ...

Could it be that Not Afraid is going to debut at number 1 on the billboard top 100 tomorrow?

Usher's "OMG" is #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 though
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Usher's "OMG" is #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 though
eyes.gif
link

Eminem will join a very elite club tomorrow when the new Billboard Hot 100 singles chart is unveiled.

The hip-hop king's new single, "Not Afraid," will be just the 16th to debut at No. 1 on the nearly 52-year old chart.

Released digitally last Monday (May 3) just four days after its radio premiere, "Not Afraid" busts out of the gate with 380,000 first-week digital downloads, according to Nielsen SoundScan -- the biggest sales week for a digital track this calendar year. The song also debuts at No. 24 on the radio-based Rap Songs chart, and is bubbling under the Radio Songs chart with 10.3 million listener impressions, according to Nielsen BDS.

"Not Afraid" is the lead single from Eminem's new album "Recovery," due out on June 22. The single is the first to debut at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 since Oct. 17, 2009, when Britney Spears' "3" danced in at No. 1. "Afraid" is only the second rap single to start at No. 1 following "I'll Be Missing You" by Puff Daddy & Faith Evans featuring 112, which began its 11-week run at the summit on the chart dated June 14, 1997.

"Not Afraid" is Eminem's third chart-topper. He first led the list for 12 weeks with "Lose Yourself" in 2002-03 and made an impressive 78-1 jump with "Crack A Bottle," along with Dr. Dre and 50 Cent, on the list dated Feb. 21, 2009. "Bottle" set a then-record for selling the most downloads in its first week of release (418,000), a mark shattered the following week when Flo Rida's "Right Round" started with 636,000.

Of the 16 debuts at No. 1, a full 10 of them came between 1995 and 1998. Until the end of 1998, a song could only chart on the Hot 100 if it was released as a commercially available single. The bevy of debuts was prompted by singles being withheld from the market in order to maximize chart position on the tally -- which is based on combining airplay with sales information. At the end of 1998, the Hot 100 changed its formula, allowing airplay-only, or non-commercially available songs to chart.

Thus, it's much harder now for a single to enter at No. 1, as radio airplay will usually enable a song to debut at lower rank. But as Spears and Eminem have proven, instant reaction with a huge sales number can trigger a perfect storm and prompt a No. 1 entry right out of the gate.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

VERY IMPRESSIVE however, Usher "OMG" will be back at number 1 I believe. It's already back to #1 on itunes (Em drop to #3) along with airplay it should be back to number 1.

Originally Posted by undefinedinc

So this proves something, he doesn't need to put out a stupid gimmicky first single to sell...

It's pretty sad EM JUST REALIZED THIS
smh.gif

yall act like em is in complete control of what he releases... he still answers to dre... dre is the one who had him on the formula !@#+... the same type of !@#+ he had 50 on...

imma say its more Jimmy that controls all of that stuff rather than Dre...but either way im guessing at this stage in Eminem's career he can pretty much do what he wants as long as hes doing something...i mean the label probably just happy hes putting out music because he doesnt have to

imma say its more Jimmy that controls all of that stuff rather than Dre...but either way im guessing at this stage in Eminem's career he can pretty much do what he wants as long as hes doing something...i mean the label is probably just happy hes putting out music because he doesnt have to

So this proves something, he doesn't need to put out a stupid gimmicky first single to sell...
This is the Em I enjoy. Please have a serious album Em, do away with that goofy #$!$.

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

This is the Em I enjoy. Please have a serious album Em, do away with that goofy #$!$.
PLEASEEEEE!!

really only the MJ one and we made you are trash. my name is, real slimshady, and without me were all good songs as they were. the without me video had me dying the first time i saw it though

i have a feeling we might see another great album like the eminem show and LP. ohh man. the im not afraid song, Imm DIggin it man. i have a good feeling about this upcoming album.
and like stated above yeah Em needs to stop with the silly crap. relapse the song we made you was annoying as heck. and i would say proly like two or three songs from the relapse album is worth listening more than once.

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

really only the MJ one and we made you are trash. my name is, real slimshady, and without me were all good songs as they were. the without me video had me dying the first time i saw it though

QFT

Back
Top Bottom