Official Eminem *Recovery* post Vol. 7th studio album 6/22/10

TAKING A LEAK: Did the leak of Eminem’s Recovery album online actually help boost its sales? That’s what insiders are speculating after the album continued to fly off shelves this weekend, with a total that could approach 750k, by far the year’s biggest debut. Many are saying the disc, meant to be listened to as a whole, benefited from the strong word-of-mouth that resulted from its availability on file-sharing services like Pirate Bay in advance of last Monday’s official release date. On the other hand, the Drake album, Thank Me Later, which was also the object of widespread Internet piracy, didn’t react quite as strongly in the marketplace. (6/28a)
http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

word of mouth is the reason recovery has increased its sales each day. man i wish he promoted this hardcore like back in the day or the way jay-z promotes his album. great chance of hitting a mil.

Superman is a classic song...i will always love that song...it's totally different than WTP...Em was rapping about other $+!@ then...different feel to the song and album...don't disrespect.

Once again, Eminem completely spazzes on 'No Love'.
And the dedication to Proof is easily one of his most honest/emotional songs. You can hear his pain.

this album grows on me more and more I listen to it, and yes WTP is growing on me too, EM went in on this, I didn't think he could come back from relapse and encore, but gotta admit he did

Originally Posted by nyk buc

TAKING A LEAK: Did the leak of Eminem’s Recovery album online actually help boost its sales? That’s what insiders are speculating after the album continued to fly off shelves this weekend, with a total that could approach 750k, by far the year’s biggest debut. Many are saying the disc, meant to be listened to as a whole, benefited from the strong word-of-mouth that resulted from its availability on file-sharing services like Pirate Bay in advance of last Monday’s official release date. On the other hand, the Drake album, Thank Me Later, which was also the object of widespread Internet piracy, didn’t react quite as strongly in the marketplace. (6/28a)
http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi
this is EXACTLY what happens when good %%%@ hits p2p sites ... the only people complaining about peer sharing are those who make %*+#!#$@ product ... all them dumb !## movies that get pirated and then dont sell dont deserve to sell because they suck ... same with music ...

would i have bought Drake's cd in the store if I had absolutely no other way of obtaining it? NOT A CHANCE IN HELL ... i would have gone to my friend's house, listened to it and said !+!* that %*+#!#$@ ... Drake is not losing any sales by me obtaining his CD through digital media ...

WTP is a great party track. I can hear it being played at non-white parties.

Today is the day. We'll finally see how he fared first week.

Originally Posted by KingRamey

I gotta be one of the only people that likes WTP
laugh.gif

Week 1 and its still getting spins.

"Settle your %+#+#+! #%* down. I'm ready for combat man! Get it, calm batman"
pimp.gif
I thought it was just me who liked that joint
laugh.gif

After the 3rd listen I think this album is straight Fire. The only bad thing to me is the hook on the tribute to Proof.....

This is his second best album. This album will hopefully fix what is wrong with music today, Young Money and all these Whacka Flaka Flame, bubble gum $@+ rappers.

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

This album will hopefully fix what is wrong with music today, Young Money and all these Whacka Flaka Flame, bubble gum $@+ rappers.

QFT ... but i doubt it will do anything ... no one has the skill of Em, so all they can do is that bazooka $**%*$$% ...

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

This album will hopefully fix what is wrong with music today, Young Money and all these Whacka Flaka Flame, bubble gum $@+ rappers.

QFT ... but i doubt it will do anything ... no one has the skill of Em, so all they can do is that bazooka $**%*$$% ...

The FIX that needs to happen is an appreciation across the board. If you like being yelled at all day and in fight mode all the time, go right on ahead.

But moving on...the fact that Em sold 750K in one week is I.N.S.A.N.E. ...I can't even imagine...
eek.gif

How can you say this is his 2nd best album? Go back and to listen to SSLP, MMLP, TES and then kill yourself 

if he had the love the way yo lie, and no love video out, he would have easily moved 1mil first week

guess he's more about longevity than first week sales

Originally Posted by glasses

if he had the love the way yo lie, and no love video out, he would have easily moved 1mil first week

guess he's more about longevity than first week sales

eminem from here on out >>>>

only getting better

Back
Top Bottom