***Official Eminem Thread New Album Announced TBA***

disagree with the em part ^

i still listen to songs from all of his albums on the reg, and have been for years
and in my opinion, besides the novelty of it being Eminem a lot of his songs have aged horribly.  Even the structure and concepts in them, including his annoying sing songy way.

if you presented the majority of that **** today and said it was from a no name unknown artist the response would be "dude's got BARS but these hooks and beats and the voices he makes are terrible."

em gets a pass for the same reason a lot of music from our past gets a pass: novelty and memories.

if it was presented today as something new we wouldn't be as forgiving.  just look at the way a lot of current artists are scrutinized even though technically a majroity of modern stuff is light years ahead of everything pre 1997.

Can't stop listening to legacy. I love when Em spits over a simple beat and just flows.

Word.

16 tracks of this would be a perfect rap album to me.

Simple beats, no goofy voices... Just raw, passionate Em' spittin about life.

Wish more of MMLP2 was like Legacy, but overall it's a lot better than the original "trash" reviews...

Which weren't even reviews, seeing as how the album had only been out for 10 minutes and no explanation was given :lol: :smh:

I really liked Recovery, it was different and think there was only like 3 songs on it I didn't like.

The Part when Em shang tsunged Cam's flow.
smokin.gif
For some reason that had me rollin

disagree with the em part ^

i still listen to songs from all of his albums on the reg, and have been for years
and in my opinion, besides the novelty of it being Eminem a lot of his songs have aged horribly.  Even the structure and concepts in them, including his annoying sing songy way.

if you presented the majority of that **** today and said it was from a no name unknown artist the response would be "dude's got BARS but these hooks and beats and the voices he makes are terrible."

em gets a pass for the same reason a lot of music from our past gets a pass: novelty and memories.

if it was presented today as something new we wouldn't be as forgiving.  just look at the way a lot of current artists are scrutinized even though technically a majroity of modern stuff is light years ahead of everything pre 1997.

Last edited:
Em's beats have never been to great to begin with, he always used to rhyme over wacky production. the lyrics are what makes this album worth listening to. that's why Nas & Em are somewhat the same, their beats selection is terrible
Repped for the Nas comparison..
It's like they both will hit you with solid albums but weak beat productions..
After finishing this morning in the whip, 7/10,
The lyrical content and vulnerability saved alot of songs on this album..
Man the missed opportunity on "Love Game",smh
Guess Marshall was not trying to have a"Renegade" if this is his last album, lol

Eminem Show is probably the best of Em's beats, lyrics, and subject matter. Til I Collapse, White America, Say What U Say, When The Music Stops, Drips, Square Dance, Sing For the Moment and Superman can attest to that. As far as Nas, I actually think him having a bad ear for beats is a pretty worn statement, cause that was the case early on, but not his last few albums.

Honestly, the album grows on me with every spin.

Whoever said this isnt a revisitation clearly didn't listen. From the subtle nods (rain in the background of Legacy a la Stan, use of specific rhyme schemes he used in MMLP, Criminal references) to the overt ones (Bad Guy, beat switches in So Far, So Far being a continuation of a fan interrupting him taking a **** from The Way I Am, Parking Lot Skit) this album was made with MMLP in mind. There are however numerous references to various other albums (Brainless vs Brain Damage, Headlights and Cleaning Out My Closet).

The bonus tracks really elevate this album from an okay listen to a good/great listen depending on your taste. We'll see where we rank it in years, but it's FAR from trash.

BTW, lyrics and lyrical ability >>>>>>> beats. 

Honestly, the album grows on me with every spin.

Whoever said this isnt a revisitation clearly didn't listen. From the subtle nods (rain in the background of Legacy a la Stan, use of specific rhyme schemes he used in MMLP, Criminal references) to the overt ones (Bad Guy, beat switches in So Far, So Far being a continuation of a fan interrupting him taking a **** from The Way I Am, Parking Lot Skit) this album was made with MMLP in mind. There are however numerous references to various other albums (Brainless vs Brain Damage, Headlights and Cleaning Out My Closet).

The bonus tracks really elevate this album from an okay listen to a good/great listen depending on your taste. We'll see where we rank it in years, but it's FAR from trash.

BTW, lyrics and lyrical ability >>>>>>> beats. 

Agreed x 1000000000000

Listened to it probably 5x all the way through. Loving this album

Eminem Show is probably the best of Em's beats, lyrics, and subject matter. Til I Collapse, White America, Say What U Say, When The Music Stops, Drips, Square Dance, Sing For the Moment and Superman can attest to that. As far as Nas, I actually think him having a bad ear for beats is a pretty worn statement, cause that was the case early on, but not his last few albums.
I agree with this assessment but as for Nas not so much.. "Life is Good" by far had stellar production and definately one of my favorite God Sons album but you could argue between Stillmatic and the likes of "N" and "Hip Hop is Dead", the lyrical content was on point but sorry breh them beats were straight boo-boo..
But "Distant Relatives" was a hard *** collab album, nobody talks about and those beats were crazy and still get play in the iPod..
As for Em, these deluxe joints are straight Hades

The delivery on this 3rd verse chunk from "Baby" though :nerd:

"...I'm an enigma
F*ck it let's get to the meat (pause)
I'm gonna skip the, veg and potatoes,
Edgamacate-uh, they are
Sh*t Legends are made-uh
Spit treacherous data
Sh*t that you would say to your Worst enemy
This wretchedness
Is What you get when you mix Treach with a Jada
Then combine em' with Method Man and Redman
With meth-amphetamines in each left hand
And in each right is a sledge-hammer
And pajamas, standing in front of a webcam
Beating himself in the head til Russell lets him off Def Jam..."

Because it's true look back and find all the NTers that bashed this and Take Care now all the sudden they like them

When Em, Cole and Drizzy's next albums drop they'll call them trash and say how good their current albums where

This forum is easier to read than Cat in the Hat
But Cole album wasn't that good tho son.

8) MMLP2 Production:

1. Bad Guy - Symbolic One, M-Phazes, StreetRunner
2. Parking Lot (skit) - Eminem
3. Rhyme or Reason - Rick Rubin and Eminem
4. So Much Better - Eminem
5. Survival - DJ Khalil
6. Legacy - Emile
7. ******* - Alex Da Kid
8. Berzerk - Rick Rubin
9. Rap God - DVLP
10. Brainless - Eminem
11. Stronger Than I Was - Eminem