***Official Eminem Thread New Album Announced TBA***

I just keep them. I've doubled, tripled, and quadrupled up on Em, Game, Chamillionaire, and Joe Budden in the past. This is the first time I've purchased 8 though. Like I said, I like to support my favorite artists.

And does this seriously count as one album sell? If so, how? Should I return and purchase all as separate transactions so it can count as 8 sells?
You sir are a fool. You should be educated before following stupid trends. Buying multiple copies of the same cd helps the label not eminem. Artist make the lion share of their income from tours endorsements interviews etc. If you knew anything about the music business you'd know they make next to nothing from album sales... [emoji]128514[/emoji]

You sir are a fool. You should be educated before following stupid trends. Buying multiple copies of the same cd helps the label not eminem. Artist make the lion share of their income from tours endorsements interviews etc. If you knew anything about the music business you'd know they make next to nothing from album sales... [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Actualy people like Eminem who own their own labels benefit more from album sales than newly less established MCs. Where Waka flocks may make 10cent per album Eminem may make 8 dollars per album. At least that's what I was told. Eminem can negotiate his contract with the major label however he sees fit because of the profit e brings in. Struggling rappers have no choice but to accept whatever deal they are given.

Buying eminent albums benefis him tremendously. So yes dude buying 8 of his albums helps.

Actualy people like Eminem who own their own labels benefit more from album sales than newly less established MCs. Where Waka flocks may make 10cent per album Eminem may make 8 dollars per album. At least that's what I was told. Eminem can negotiate his contract with the major label however he sees fit because of the profit e brings in. Struggling rappers have no choice but to accept whatever deal they are given.

Buying eminent albums benefis him tremendously. So yes dude buying 8 of his albums helps.

There is no way Eminem is getting $8 from an $10-13 album :lol:

Not a singe person posting is saying anything of the sort. Stop trying to stir the pot man. No one's forcing you to be part of the conversation...
grin.gif

Exactly eminem has a label but it's a subsidiary from aftermath meaning Dr Dre gets a large portion & interscope gets an even larger leaving eminem next to nothing. He probably gets 2-3 dollars per album.

Exactly eminem has a label but it's a subsidiary from aftermath meaning Dr Dre gets a large portion & interscope gets an even larger leaving eminem next to nothing. He probably gets 2-3 dollars per album.
It doesn't matter either way. He's making more money off of this album than I'll see in my lifetime so. 

But yeah man 8 albums...Overkill.

Interscope is the ones who are eating, Dre & Em both making that label some serious dough. maybe that's why Em was cross promoting with Activision on Call Of Duty Ghosts, i'm pretty sure they payed him some big money for that. it's been said that they made over $1 Billion over sales :wow:

Activision discusses partnership with Eminem for "Call of Duty: Ghosts," a video game that brought in $1 billion in sales on its release date.

Activision recently discussed its partnership with Eminem on the release of Call of Duty.

“We know from our own research that our fans have a really strong affinity for Eminem [and] there’s a lot of overlap there,” Activision's chief marketing officer Tim Ellis says in an interview with Billboard. “Aligning the two brands is something we think will continue to serve us well into the future.”

Activision also spoke about how they worked with Eminem and Game Stop in order to release all copies of Call of Duty: Ghosts with a download code for The Marshall Mathers LP 2 and an exclusive song at $8.99. Billboard reports that this was a discount of three dollars off the standard-edition iTunes price for the project.

“People in the music industry ask me all the time, ‘How do we get into Game Stop?’” Activision's Vice President of music affairs Tim Riley says in the article. “We know that people who buy a lot of games are the same people who buy a lot of music, but this is the first time we’ve been able to get a deal like this done.”

Eminem's The Marshall Mathers LP 2 and Activision's Call Of Duty: Ghosts were released in partnership on November 5. Eminem's album is projected to be #1 on the Billboard Top 200 album sales chart when figures are made official next week. Call Of Duty: Ghosts reportedly brought in $1 billion on its release date.

Eminem and Activision worked together to premiere "Survival" at a Call of Duty event in August. Activison also used the song in Call of Duty: Ghosts promotional materials, including a music video for the track featuring Eminem in front of footage from the video game.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/...s-eminem-partnership-for-call-of-duty-ghosts-

Last edited:
eminem has enough money to last a hundred life times, only reason i buy his albums is to contribute to his album sales numbers

I just keep them. I've doubled, tripled, and quadrupled up on Em, Game, Chamillionaire, and Joe Budden in the past. This is the first time I've purchased 8 though. Like I said, I like to support my favorite artists.

And does this seriously count as one album sell? If so, how? Should I return and purchase all as separate transactions so it can count as 8 sells?
roll.gif
 Chamillionaire though?!

Dunno how much albums cost these days I'm sure he make atleast 30 to 40 cents on the dollar for each sale which is more than most. Most of his money comes from tours and other endeavors but lets not act like record sales don't help him.

Finally got around to listening to this, and lyrically, much appreciated. He's pretty close to top form on here, and from a pure writing standpoint, he's probably better than he has ever been. There very well are more than just flashes of "old Em" as far as his voice. I also like how there's a good number of old themes tying things together throughout. Unfortunately, these beats...uuuuggggh. I don't know what happened to him when it came to his production (not just his own beats, but other people's beats for him). Track by track I'm waiting for something to really jump out to combine with his lyrics. Wanna know when the beat actually matches how good the lyrics are? On "Evil Twin". Track 16. 16. The very last track of the ******g album (not including the bonus cuts). This truly should've been called 'Recovery 2', at least as far as the beats are concerned. Bad Guy and Evil Twin are the definite standouts for me, as is Headlights. Love Game could have been so much better than it was, but I did get a chuckle out of a lot of the lyrics. I'd love to take the acapella version of this album and paste them over some old Em, Dre, or Alchemist beats, or maybe Black Milk or something.

Hearing stuff like "if you want old Em, listen to his old stuff" sounds silly as hell in this case, knowing that Em turned back the clock while evolving his lyrical ability, yet doing that over some mediocre to downright bad Pitbull/Flo-rida sounding beats. The lyrics really keep this from being a coaster, which is hard to say being a long-time Em fan.

Just for ***** and giggles, sans Infinite, if you took Em's entire discography (solo & group/collabs), he is 7-3-1. If you take out his group/collabs. He's 3-3-1. Hmmmmmm.

Nope I can get with it at all. There are some parts that are funny but i couldn't listen to it over and over again

I couldn't get with it either. I only ask because that was the most hyped track for obvious reasons, but I haven't heard one word about it.

i mess with love game... the story telling on there >>> :lol:

that damb hook is so catchy too :lol:

i like the production on that track (& the heavily sampled produced tracks) because it sounds different then what em usually raps on, but its a great fit, imo.

love game is a top 3 track on the album for me

both guys go in, catchy hook, fun break from all the angry/serious songs in the album

she wanted a intimate date, i wanted ta intimidate 
pimp.gif

i mess with love game... the story telling on there >>> :lol:

that damb hook is so catchy too :lol:

i like the production on that track (& the heavily sampled produced tracks) because it sounds different then what em usually raps on, but its a great fit, imo.

Agreed. The samples are on point. Def one of my favorite tracks on there

Agreed. The samples are on point. Def one of my favorite tracks on there
lol i think people were expecting an Eminem Kendrick song to open up a portal to the afterlife....the song is not bad, it's actually pretty creative but.....
ohwell.gif

It's not like the Pusha T Kendrick Song, Pusha T is one of my top 10 MCs and his link with Kendrick was perfect. I didn't expect him to do a silly em song.

Back
Top Bottom